Skip to comments.Worker dies after falling into vat of sulfuric acid
Posted on 02/12/2019 8:07:34 AM PST by oh8eleven
Fellow employees found Daniel Hill, also known as Moose, fully submerged in the chemical tank and tried rescuing him, according to HometownLife.
The 54-year-old grandfather was taken to a decontamination room and then rushed to a hospital, but he eventually succumbed to his injuries.
Its unclear how long Hill who worked for Michigan Seamless Tube in South Lyon was in the vat or how he fell in. Local officials told reporters that the acid inside was heated to temperatures of at least 160 degrees.
Authorities are investigating the incident described by MST management as a serious industrial accident
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
I cannot imagine anything more painful.
Confucius say....absorbed in work etc.
I had a friend whose Dad ran a chrome plating plant and a similar incident occurred there.
have worked in a plating room before....not a good experience.
I knew a guy that worked at a brewery and drowned in a big beer vat. When his wife asked if he suffered, they said they didn’t think so, cause he got out to go to the bathroom three times.
The company will be sued into near bankruptcy, and the work will be sent to China or Vietnam
Thermal burns and chemical burns ... I can’t imagine how he must have died. Perhaps from shock, or heart attack; maybe even infection. It hardly bears thinking about.
MST management — This was a serious industrial accident
Chrome plating is NASTY business.
One can only hope he had a heart attack and was dead when he fell into the acid.
He also say, "man who fall in vat of molten glass makes a spectacle of himself."
A career ending move for sure...Knew a guy who was a tanker driver and he was transferring some chemical like this and hose blew dousing him...he lingered for 1 month and died a horrible death.
Got some in my eyes one time. Burned like crazy.
But to be submerged in it. I can’t imagine.
It would seem to me that the fumes are quite harmful. Do you wear protective masks/gear?
Instead of lethal injections, they should have replaced ‘sparky’ with a big vat of sulfuric acid, a much more effective method for the death penalty.
prayers for his family.
my guess is as other FR mentioned heart attack and fell in or some thing along that line. Maybe some how medication or under influence of some thing that dulled his judgement and/or mobility?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.