Skip to comments.SUV carrying barbecue grill explodes when woman lights cigarette
Posted on 08/15/2017 8:18:47 AM PDT by simpson96Edited on 08/15/2017 12:03:01 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in her SUV.
CBS affiliate WKMG-TV reports the vehicle was in front of the entrance to the Central Florida Fairgrounds when the explosion occurred on Sunday afternoon.
(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
*** STUPID IS, AS STUPID DOES ***
Definitely a “ hold muh beer” moment ..
Last words — “hey, whats that funny smell...”
Her nose wasn’t working for sure.
Geez, I’d imagine they’re lucky to have survived that.
He was luckier than he was smart, though, and somehow avoided getting a face-full of battery acid.
Darwin Award At-Risk Survivor.
The sad thing is, you can tell an habitual smoker not to light up or his car will explode, and that will work for about thirty seconds. As soon as they are distracted for an instant, that pack is going to come out, and the finger is going to press the lighter button.
It is not a voluntary thing.
“seat when she lit the cigarette.”
My guess is that the explosion occurred before the cigarette was lit ....
Both of their noses, apparently.
Definitely gonna need a smoke after that.
Smoking will kill you.
Oral fixation? Instead of chewing pen caps...
Smoking can kill you
They were charged with DWBBQ
Another tobacco related death.......
Notice how every orifice in the metal structure of the car is blown out - even the door release handles and the fuel filler door. If they're not both stone deaf, it's a miracle.
Hope they had one of those new car replacements insurance policies.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.