Skip to comments.6 Hospitalized After Concert Fog Machine Malfunction
Posted on 07/22/2012 6:32:26 PM PDT by BenLurkin
LOS ANGELES (CBS) Six people were hospitalized Saturday after a malfunctioning fog machine discharged carbon dioxide at a Hollywood concert.
The incident happened around 6 p.m. at the Avalon on 1735 North Vine Street. The band Midnight Red was about to take the stage in front of 400 concertgoers when visibility was reduced to near zero.
KNX 1070s Kim Marriner spoke with Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey, who said scores of firefighters and paramedics responded.
A large volume of carbon dioxide that was being used as theatrical fogging effects filled the venue a total of 22 people received medical attention at the scene. Six were taken to the hospital, all in good to fair condition, said Humphrey.
Symptoms ranged from headaches to dizziness to skin burns that resembled minor frostbite.
Those taken to hospitals ranged in age from 6 to 20, according to the fire department.
Many of young people at the show were in town for Sundays Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City.
no gas masks?
Time to ban smoke machines! /sarc
was fog hat playing?
That concert was fogging cool dude.
Time to ban smoke machines those things can kill..quick someone get Dianne Feinstein on the phone stat
What about the contribution to globul warming?
Time to ban smoke machines! /sarc”
Probably not as sarcastic as you think - they are in the process of banning anyone and everything else in the state that emits anything resembling smoke.
Wonder what they are going to do with people in the winter in the colder part of the state when they emit “smoke” as part of the natural exhaling process. Probably have to wear a sign that says “This is not smoke I am exhaling”.
Thread titles ought to indicate some details. Before clicking I was wondering if it was a symphony orchestra concert or an opera.
Could've been worse.
My favorite scene from a comedy, EVER!
I hate them! I was playing Gotton’s “Elmira Street Boogie” as a break song. Not that easy a song tom play, when the A-holes turned on the smoke machine. I could hardly see what I was playing, and coughing to boot!
Surprised it took 10 posts.
6 year old dies at Batman movie at Midnioght. 6 year old hurt here. WTF are these parents thinking?
lets wait and see how long before MSNBC ties the incident to Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin.
Oh wow man. I always wanted to play with one of these machines!
"it waz a gas mannnnn"
It’s quite unusual that only 6 attendees got fogged up at a rock concert!
I thought stonehenge was a wee bit larger than that?
It’s “Gatton” not Gotton.
Probably imported chinese garbage from chauvet lighting.
“Its Gatton not Gotton.”
Typo, Sorry. Playing guitar came so easy to me,,, I never really worked at it. When Guitar Player came out with the the issue of the world’s greatest unknown guitar player,,,, I was profoundly embarrassed! I had been so lazy! I busted my butt to learn Gatton, Jerry Reed, and finally Donahue music. My style is my own, but I learned so much from them!
“The hair pollution is a fogging up my eyes...”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.