Skip to comments.The Election: How it Happened and What’s Next
Posted on 11/09/2012 9:06:17 PM PST by WilliamIII
How do you get a president re-elected with an unemployment rate hovering around 8%?
Simple. You arrange for the other party to do three things:
1) When the people are resentful of bailouts for Wall Street and crony capitalism, you get the other party to nominate a representative of the crony classes.
2) When the people are sick and tired of elective foreign wars and the bankrupting cost of the military empire, you get the other party to nominate a candidate who surrounds himself with wild-eyed neocon warmongers the very crew that sold the nation on the last bogus war rationale. (It helps if he also promises to grow the bloated defense budget.)
3) And you get the other partys nominee to alienate the energized, grassroots supporters of one of his primary opponents. There is a lot of talk from the usual suspects about the Republicans aging demographics, but they did it to themselves slamming the door on a tidal wave of young Ron Paul supporters.
(Excerpt) Read more at uncommonwisdomdaily.com ...
What’s all the whining about? Ron Paul supporters got what they wanted. They were there for Obama, and now Obama will be there for them.
Midterms! We’ll prevail in the midterms.
It's simple. We are outnumbered by people who have no idea what it means to be an American and what it entails to live free. They know socialism, want socialism and are socialists whether they realize it or not. We have lost our culture and there is nowhere else to sail to and start over. We have been voted into tyranny and are ruled by immoral thugs.
1. FOXNEWS pushed pushed pushed Romney from pretty much day one.... and the Party leaders STILL had to actually steal the nomination from Ron Paul.
(I am not a Paulite... but it was that is was.... theft.)
2. Romney is a lib and you are surprised that a younger more dynamic better looking lib won????
3. Romney is Pro Abortion. I personally know MANY evangelical Christians who are single issue voters who refused to vote for Romney when they found out he is a proaborter. Probably a loss of 2% of the Republican vote, enough to get him elected... or not.
4. Romney is milk toast just like McCain, Dole, Bush, and Bush.... why are you surprised he lost????
5. Romney was the 4th or 5th best Republican candidate and you are surprised he lost??
Just today I had a Dim and, UNSOLICITED, she said, ‘Why didn’t they run Ron Paul... I LOVE Ron Paul.... I’d have voted for him!
Paul was a SURE win.
But go ahead and keep listening to Bill Oreilly and his excuses for screwing the Republican Party out of a win in a CRITICAL AND EASY election.
Keep gulping the Kool Aide.
The first step is to pull the plug on public financed education as we know it.
And anyone that disagrees with that notion is a victim of public financed education.
Yeah I’m really convinced by point two, that Romney was viewed as a “warmonger” because people focused in on his foreign policy team. Not. Point one is not to nominate successful people, and the main point is Ron Paul was the focus of this election. Thanks for the blueprint for future victory.
Ignorance is getting dangerous, glad you cost anti-abortion pro life Romney votes because you think he was pro abort? Glad you elected Obama who would kill a born baby?
“We have been voted into tyranny and are ruled by immoral thugs. “
There are more of “them” than there are of “us”. Quite simple really. Over the next years, they will continue messing with us because they really, truly hate us.
I did not think that my vision of joy and happiness had another meaning for the takers who use Big Government to take from the producers. For them, November 7th, 2012 was just like Christmas.
We are outnumbered by phantom illegal voters.
Perhaps that is a major part of the solution. We need to not just state our positions but articulate why we hold conservative values. We take it for granted that freedom is good, but we need to explain to the socialists among us why they should value freedom too. What we see as so obvious that it goes without saying has to be said. Anyone who voted for Obama is clueless on why freedom is desirable, and we need to help them to learn while there are still 59% of us who understand and value freedom.
Why are we not interested in the voter fraud in Ohio, Florida and Virginia. We’ve accepted the outcome to easily, is there no fight left in us, are we to believe what the feckless spineless GOP sez? To win, all they needed to do is commit voter fraud in 3 states. Is anyone in the GOP listening or the least bit curious?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.