Excellent point. Let's dust off some of his legacy.
- had to resign as Obama's Commerce Dept secretary due to corruption; Eric Holder ensured there were no indictments
- paid a former lover a sexual harrassment claim of $250,000 from a bank in Mexico. (why do you have a bank in Mexico, Bill?)
- Presided over the Wen Ho Lee nuclear spying while Energy secretary
- negotiated a failed cease-fire with the Taliban in 1998 while Ambassador to the UN
- multiple negotiations with North Koreans in the 1990s; traveled to North Korea in 2013 with Eric Schmidt (the Google trip to NK)
Whew! The list goes on and on. I knew he was corrupt, but didn't know all this.
:: Presided over the Wen Ho Lee nuclear spying while Energy secretary::
I have nothing to back up this claim, but I have always thought that Wen Ho Lee was framed. Clinton Administration sold our technology to China, but they claimed that it was given to China by a spy, and Wen Ho Lee was selected to take the blame.
When Richardson was ambassador to the UN, he threw a big party for the Rev. Al Sharon there.