Skip to comments."If I wanted America to fail"
Posted on 04/23/2012 8:25:58 PM PDT by mamelukesabre
This is the video that got the maker's twitter account banned. It is very good.
Sure sounds familiar.
Or stated another way, they are standing by their "conservative" values. I just love that one.
Or even better, Mitt Romney is a liar, which is true in mant repects, but the guy on the other side is a bigger liar.
It's a no brainer people. THE REPUBLICAN OPPONENT OVER OBAMA (REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU MAY FEEL ABOUT THE ELITISTS IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OR THE CANDIDATE). A VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE IS A VOTE FOR OBAMA. DO NOT KID YOURSELF.
All true, but still better than OBAMA. What is it about the real dangers in Obama getting re-elected that you do not get?
4 of the 9 Supreme Court justices believe the 2nd Amendment refers only to a state militia.
Any other reason is irrelevant to me.
What is it about the real dangers of Fascism you don’t get?
Socialism has never worked. And with a person like Romney, a magalomaniac, it could devolve into a nasty tyranny the likes of which would put the Democrats right back into power in 2016.
This nominating process is not over. There are four more months until the Republican convention in Tampa. I don’t give a damn how many pundits and articles come out stating that Gringrich is quitting when he has, in fact, NOT said anything of the sort.
Anything can and will happen in this period of time; in fact, I said exactly that the day before Santorum suspended his campaign.
At this point in time, Romney does not have 1144 delegates. He hasn’t been prematurely crowned as the Republican candidate for President either, even though he dearly wishes he could buy the nomination.
Republican conservatives loathe Mitt Romney and that is why voter turnout is low. That should mean something this coming August and bodes poorly for a Romney win in November if he is the nominee.
I’m not voting for a socialist.
Romney is anti-Second Amendment.
Any other reason should be irrelevent to you.
Thanks, that was great.
Already been posted?
Bump for later viewing.
And Bush nominated an intellectual midget to the Supreme Court.
With the help of a conservative majority, we can mold the nominating process. With Obama, we stand no chance.
Of course socialism has never worked, as, Naziism, Fascism, & Communism has never worked, but then I repeat myself because socialism is nothing more than the combination of the latter three ism's.
Oh get real, Gingrich is no better than Romney. He believes in man-made global warming. He believes in managed government, not smaller government, he believes in socialized medicine. He thinks Franklin D. Roosevelt was the greatest modern American President, and the list goes on & on.
While you rant on & on about low voter turnout for Romney, I do not exactly see the great swell for Newt either. So who is delusional in this primary process?
If by some miracle Newt does win the primary process, though the odds that happening are really very slim, I will vote for him over Obama without hesitation despite the fact that Newt is certainly no conservative in my book. In reality none of the Republican candidates, from the very beginning, were too stimulating as far as I was concerned. They all had their flaws. My position, was then and remains now, anybody but Obama. Good luck with Newt getting the nod, but if Romney gets the nod then I will vote for him, because I believe he will do less damage than I know Obama will do.
If Obama gets re-elected we may never have elections again.
You want to put some money on Obama winning 49 states and getting 525 electoral votes? I think Obama wins but nowhere near like that.
SOme of us missed the other ones.
Fox played some of it last night....
That’s racism, sexism, homophobia and mean-spirited social Darwinism. Help those less fortunate to remain less fortunate./s
Glad you got to see it. Funny how things work out.
Some people just don't have anything better to do than sit on the computer all day and look for stuff to complain about.
I think they're called 99 Weekers.
OK... I'll play. Aside from the fact that romney is a rich white globalist 'American' married to a lovely woman and obomba is a rich black globalist 'Kenyan' married to a wookie what exactly are the differences again?
I couldn’t help but notice the irony between your post and your tagline.
Then I would say anything and everything to split and demoralize the voters who supporters of the republican nominee. This continued negative rant is getting really old. The intentions of the ranters as transparent as a clean window. Actually they are like little spoiled brats. If my person didn’t get nominated I’m going to scream and yell and have a tantrum.
While being eroded daily, I doubt you will ever be forced to read FR. DU maybe. FR no. So if you don’t like our opinions perhaps Romney supporters like yourself should start your own site?
My person didn’t even run in the primary. So I picked someone else, when they lost, I picked someone else and so forth.
If you would like to support the democrat running in the wrong primary your more than welcome to. Just don’t lecture me when I stand up and say “hey! Get that democrat out of here!”
Oh I get it!
“Vote your our liar! The other guy tells more!”
That’ll win it for Mitt for sure!
What is it about the real dangers in Romney getting elected that you do not get?
Twitter cannot handle the truth, I guess.
But lawyers neither when they, snap with their fingers and say the terror war is over...
Answer to your question is right in the dialouge of the cartoon. Check it out.
I would much rather support Newt and he is already my second choice. If he can find some magic I would love it but this is the real world and that is not going to happen. It comes down to ABO. ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!!!!!
tantrum??? How utterly insulting to any Conservative. Our opposition to Mitt and his evil supporters (Rove, Coulter, etc) is called righteous indignation. It is absolutely astounding that any Conservative could even think of supporting Mitt. Mitt is an absolute fraud. He worships at the Alter of State Power.
Your comments about "spoiled brats" shows the pathetic arrogance of you and Mitt supporters. What's upsetting you Statist lovers is that many Conservatives have drawn a firm line in the sand and will NOT be run over by the GOP-e anymore.
I am very content knowing I will NEVER pull the lever for Mitt. I will do a write-in and vote Conservative down the ticket. All my immediate family have vowed never to vote for Mitt. I will be working very hard to convey to all Constitutional loving Conservatives that voting for Mitt will solve nothing.
I wrote this at post #86
For the ignorant people on this thread and others who say, "vote for Mitt." I have one question:
Do you realize this video is as much a condemnation of Mitt's view of government and his record as Obama's?
Mitt is 100% for Carbon restriction and AGW in general. This video is telling us that the GOP-e, Mitt, and Obama are the direct object of the last line in this video.
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Newt Gingrich had an epiphany. He had to, or he would have self-destructed.
As a small child he witnessed his father beating and abusing Newt’s mother. She divorced him, remarried, and Newt was adopted by his step dad. Later he was sexually molested by a high school teacher. Yeah, the first wife he married. His second wife, who broke up his first marriage, is batshit crazy and a substance abuser. Yet he tried for 18-years to make that marriage work before finally seeking an out.
This man was carrying a troubled emotional burden while serving in Congress but he sought counseling and eventually turned his life around after a religious conversion.
What I’ve found shocking is the enormous number of so-called Christians here at Free Republic who are nothing of the sort.
Christians are not better than other people. They forgive others, ask forgiveness for themselves, and try to lead a better life by not sinning further. I’m not disgusted with Newt Gingrich, who I believe has honestly changed his life.
I’m disgusted with the bigots who claim they are Christian but do not put it into daily practice.
...After only four years with his Party still in power, his own members forced him out...
Oh yeah, and many of those Republicans are still in Congress. They are part of the ongoing problem of business as usual in Washignton, D.C. Under a Republican president, they added over $3 trillion to the federal deficit, shunned conservative policy in favor of Beltway influence-peddling, and so damaged the GOP brand that we lost the majority Gingrich had worked years to forge.
Do you really think I give a damn that Newts fabulous colleagues think his reemergence would be a disaster for Republicans? No. The elections of 2010 were NOT a merit promotion; the Republicans were the only alternative in town!
Newt Gingrich is pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment and loves America and understands its citizens. As a historian, he thoroughly knows the U.S. Constitution and our nation’s history.
He allied himself with Ronald Reagan to build the Reagan Coalition, the Religious Right, and the Republican majority (together the Reagan Revolution) which directly led the downfall of the Soviet Union, the Contract with America, government reforms, less government, tax cuts, a balanced budget, and the great, long-standing Reagan economy.
Washington is broken, it doesn’t work the way it is supposed to and Newt said, if elected, he will work to change the way Washington does business. You better believe the elitists who suck money off of government contracts are terrified he will be elected.
He knows where the bodies are buried.
He knows where the skeletons are hidden.
He knows about the hidden tract ways and byways by which influence peddling moves.
When a middle-class citizen is elected to Congress and returns home 20 years later a multi-millionaire, it is due to corruption in government. And that influence pedaling corruption may even be legal!
We have to change Washington in order to get our nation back on the right track.
Nothing you will say, which I believe is biased and flat-out wrong, has any effect on my belief that Newt Gingrich is the only candidate with true leadership ability who can and will change Washington, D.C. He isn’t perfect. Who is? But I believe at this time, at this juncture, he can lead this country away from socialism and will right the ship of state.
When you have to type that much stuff to explain away your guys bad actions, you know there’s a problem.
I will take a third choice. I shall with confidence and contentment do a write-in for President.
Some on here are posting crap about what his dad and grandfather did within their religion and that is total crap. He is not responsible for any of their actions. These statements are bigoted religious hatred and I have no patience for the religious zealots who make them. A christian zealot is every bit as dangerous as an islamic zealot.
I have NEVER commented, nor will I ever comment, about Mitt's religion. Don't insult me by posting this and associated such to me.
I am judging Mitt by his actual Liberal record. If you have problems with others posting about Mitt's religion address to them.
The Mitt-bots are going nuts trying to insult, demean and badger Constitutional Conservatives into voting for: Mitt-the-Fraud, the man who lusts after State Power.
“When you have to type that much stuff...” LOLOLOL!!
Newt Gingrich has a record of action that really matters. Since he was elected to Congress in 1979 it is quite long, and what he intends to do when elected President is long, too.
The following is courtesy of Vendome (Free Republic)
His record of actions taken actually mattered. Newt is the man who fits that description to a “T”.
He can identify what is most important to the country, develop a plan to overcome that challenge, articulate the merits of overcoming the challenge and why the plan will work.
I hadn’t been for Gingrich initially and spent plenty of energy excoriating him, these last several years, for any number of sins he committed against the Republican/Conservative ideals. He seemed a turncoat of sorts, particularly when he babysat Pelosi on the couch.
On reflection, Newt is an attention whore seeking relevancy for his ideas and I guess I take him at his word that he made a few mistakes in his life and he has at least some regret for those decisions. God knows I am no angel and so I have to reflect on the man’s ability to get things done.
Newt gave us the Republican majority, the Contract with America and completed 2/3rds of his agenda while in office.
He now has a new plan for America and with what is likely to become a Congressional Super Majority and a Senate Majority, if not Super Majority, I believe he will absolutely accomplish his agenda.
Say goodbye to ObamaCare the single biggest scam and travesty foisted upon a free people who, by right, ought to have been given the opportunity to read the bill and debate it. Instead, a win at all cost, cheating agenda was developed and it was signed with most people never laying eyes on at least page 2 of this utopian dreck.
Executive Orders Positions:
The following are all within the executive powers to simply order and with the exception of securing the border within one year, they are all easily accomplished with the stroke of a pen and no way to challenge them in the legislature.
Keystone may be challenged in the courts but I think the Executive can order the EPA to approve, under National Security Priorities and it is a National Security issue, as well, a jobs issue.
As President, Newt could actually have a very busy 1st week or month just on these initiative alone.
1. Eliminate the thirty-nine White House “Czar” positions created during the current administration. The president does not have the authority to appoint bureaucrats to power who are not accountable to the Congress.
2. “Mexico City Policy” of Respect for Life. Reauthorize President Ronald Reagans policy also known as the “Mexico City Policy” to stop tax payer dollars from being used to fund or promote abortions in foreign countries.
3. Restore conscience clause protections for Healthcare Workers.No American working in a medical environment should be forced to perform any procedure that he or she finds morally or ethically objectionable based on religious teaching. This protection should include, but not be limited to abortion. Existing conscience clause protections need to be strengthened.
4. Respect Each Sovereign Nations Choice of its Capital. Each sovereign nation, under international law and custom, may designate its own Capital. Accordingly, the U.S. State Department should be instructed to respect the choice of each sovereign nation and place the American embassy in their Capital. (Israel is the only country the United States discriminates against in this regard. The people of Israel have designated Jerusalem as their capital. Yet the United States retains its embassy in Tel Aviv.)
5. End the Attorney General’s Assault on the States. Instruct the Attorney General to withdraw all immigration-related lawsuits against states immediately, including those pending in Arizona and South Carolina. The Obama Administration refuses to enforce federal immigration laws, and instead sues states who are merely trying to enforce the laws that the federal government neglects. The Gingrich Administration will secure the border by Jan. 1, 2014 by any means necessary.
6. The Keystone Pipeline
Unleash American Energy by Approving the Keystone XL Pipeline. Instruct the State Department to approve a Presidential Permit immediately for the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that will send 700,000 barrels of oil a day from Great Plains and Southwestern states to Gulf Coast refineries lower staggering energy prices, and create up to 120,000 American jobs.
Now we get into the details of an inclusive agenda that brings the people(you and me), through their representatives, into process. The TEA Party and conservatives are going to have a majority in both houses.
Lets elect an Executive who will absolutely fulfill the promise of our ideals.
1. Repeal Obamacare and pass a replacement that saves lives and money by empowering patients and doctors, not bureaucrats and politicians.
2. Return to robust job creation with a bold set of tax cuts and regulatory reforms that will free American entrepreneurs to invest and hire, as well as by reforming the Federal Reserve and creating a training requirement for extended federal unemployment benefits to encourage work and improve the quality of our workforce.
3. Unleash Americas full energy production potential in oil, natural gas, coal, biofuels, wind, nuclear oil shale and more, creating jobs, stimulating a sustainable manufacturing boom, lowering gasoline and other energy prices, increasing government revenues, and bolstering national security.
4. Save Medicare and Social Security by giving Americans more choices and tools to live longer, healthier lives with greater financial independence.
5. Balance the federal budget by freeing job-creators to grow the economy, reforming entitlements, and implementing waste cutting and productivity improvement systems such as Lean Six Sigma to eliminate waste and fraud. Pass a balanced budget amendment to keep it balanced.
6. Control the border by January 1, 2014 and establish English as the official language of government; reform the legal visa system, and make it much easier to deport criminals and gang members while making it easier for law abiding visitors to come to the US.
7. Revitalize our national security system to meet 21st century threats by restructuring and adequately funding our security agencies to function within a grand strategy for victory over those who seek to kill us or limit American power.
8. Maximize the speed and impact of medical breakthroughs by removing unnecessary obstacles that block new treatments from reaching patients and emphasizing research spending towards urgent national priorities, like brain science with its impact on Alzheimers, autism, Parkinson’s, mental health and other conditions knowledge of the brain will help solve.
9. Restore the proper role of the judicial branch by using the clearly delineated powers available to the president and Congress to correct, limit, or replace judges who violate the Constitution.
10. Enforce the Tenth Amendment by starting an orderly transfer of power and responsibility from the federal government back to the states, respectively, or to the people, as the Constitution requires. Over the next year, state and local officials and citizens will be asked to identify the areas which can be transferred back home.
Newt gave us the three most important victories of the 90s Welfare Reform, Balanced Budget and Reduced Taxes. I hope I dont need to describe the benefits of those victories. They ought to be obvious to everyone by now.
Lastly, there have been some reports that Newt shouldnt get all the credit. Really? Then perhaps we marginalize the accomplishments of Washington, Roosevelt, Kennedy and .wait for it Reagan.
Do we really want to go down the road with that kind of adolescent sophistry and parsing of what happened?
Newt is the guy who thought of these big things, proposed them and shepherded their implementation?
Newt has once again identified what is important to us now, at this time and described how we can get there with our representative majorities. He has done it before and I declare Newt Gingrich was then and is Now a leader.
We should elect Newt Gingrich to the Presidency of the United States.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My “guy’s bad actions”? Newt Gingrich is a patriot and supported the Tea Party from its inception.
Mitt Romney is a Fascist and Obama is a Marxist who both support baby killing, gun grabbing, support the radical homosexual agenda and attack critics who point out their errors. Not much in the way of choice there, hmm?
For me ABO includes his twin brother. Mitt.
I was talking about his beliefs, which could affect me. On those he has had no ephinany whtsoever.
That being said, he still outshines Obama. So if he gets the nod, I will vote for him. What I did say is that I would NEVER vote for a 3rd oarty candidate, thus aiding Obama in his re-election. Aa far as the rest of your comments, I agree 100% However, Newt is no more of a "savior" than Obama was sold by the media to be to the left-wing faction of America, and what I call the non-thinking people of the middle. But again, if he is nominated I will gladly cast my vote for him.
This all started because I responded to Jim's post that we would NEVR vote for Romney. I didn't see you take him to task. Perhpas you should because it sounds like he believes more than I do that Mitt has the nomination wrapped up.
Again, my position at this point still remains, ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!!!
Then you choose socialism, for there is no difference between Romney and Obama.
I know the dangers are far less. I guess you do not see that fact.
the dangers of having a socialist leading the republican party are just as bad.
Not even close.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.