Free Republic 3rd Qtr 2025 Fundraising Target: $81,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $39,690
49%  
Woo hoo!! And we're now at 49%!! Thank you all very much!! God bless.

Keyword: selek

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Treasury names two for supporting terror groups (Islamic Jihad Union and al-Qaeda supporters)

    04/01/2010 11:45:58 AM PDT · by NormsRevenge · 4 replies · 192+ views
    Reuters on Yahoo ^ | 4/1/10 | Glenn Somerville
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Treasury Department on Thursday imposed sanctions on two individuals in Europe it said were supporting and plotting attacks with Islamic Jihad Union and al-Qaeda in Iraq. British and German citizens Ahmad Khalaf Shabib al-Dulaymi and Attila Selek were named by Treasury under an executive order that freezes any assets the pair may have under U.S. jurisdiction and prohibits Americans from having any dealings with them. Treasury said al-Dulaymi provided financial, material and technological support to al Qaeda in Iraq while Selek was a member of the Islamic Jihad Union and had been involved in a plot...
  • Germany Arrests Suspect in Plot to Attack U.S. Targets

    08/29/2009 12:52:39 AM PDT · by nickcarraway · 5 replies · 660+ views
    CNN ^ | 8/28/09
    German federal prosecutors said Friday they have arrested a man suspected of helping a terrorist cell that allegedly plotted attacks against U.S. troops in Germany. The U.S. military's Ramstein Air Base is believed to have been one of the targets for plotters. The prosecutor's office identified the man only as "Kadir T.," and said he is a German of Turkish origin. He is suspected of acquiring a video camera and night-vision equipment for the Islamic Jihad Union group, prosecutors said. The items were allegedly shipped to Waziristan in Pakistan, prosecutors said. Four men trained by the Islamic Jihad Union are...
  • SAUERLAND CELL TRIAL Terror Suspects Will Make Full Confessions

    06/12/2009 12:34:04 AM PDT · by Cindy · 15 replies · 693+ views
    SPIEGEL.de ^ | June 9, 2009 | n/a
    SNIPPET: "There was an unexpected twist in Germany's high-profile terror trial when the four men accused of planning massive car bombs on US targets in Germany took a time out for several hours. When they returned, their lawyers said they wanted to make full confessions." SNIPPET: "Adem Yilmaz was the first to show a change of attitude, asking the court for permission to talk things over with his three co-defendants. The judge was happy to oblige." SNIPPET: "Yilmaz told the court on Tuesday that he wanted to meet with the other alleged members of the so-called "Sauerland Cell" -- Fritz...
  • Muslim converts accused of holy war bomb plots

    04/21/2009 10:56:51 PM PDT · by Schnucki · 7 replies · 798+ views
    Times Online (U.K.) ^ | April 22, 2009 | Roger Boyes
    Two Muslim converts and two Turks go on trial in a bomb-proof courtroom in Düsseldorf today accused of plotting to blow up German civilians and US soldiers. “The world will burn!” boasted an intercepted e-mail sent between the accused, who are alleged to have wanted to wage an Islamic holy war in the heart of Europe. Three of the men — Fritz Gelowicz, 29, Daniel Schneider, 23 and the Turkish national Adem Yilmaz, 30 — are accused of attending a training camp on the Afghan-Pakistani frontier run by an Uzbek-based terror organisation known as the Islamic Jihad Union. Intelligence services...