The symbolism of this event is marvellous
How about the symbolism used at funerals too, and the connection with baptism
1. Easter candle — light of Christ at both
2. Cross traced on forehead of person to be baptized — Cross (crucifix) place on to of the coffin or given to the family in the case of an ashuary.
3. Holy water for Baptism, Holy Water sprinkled on the casket/ashes are they are blessed.
4. White baptismal garment and the white pall that is placed over the casket or a smaller pall for an ashuary.
5. Baptism = entrance into church and the funeral Mass symbolizes the exit from this earthly life in the Church
Am I forgetting anything?
Amazing, isn’t it?