posted on 02/11/2010 7:58:35 PM PST
Oops....the rest of the original post.
Jesus preached an end-times kingdom but one already existing on earth.
- Mt 5:12
- "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven."
- Mt 13: 39, 49
- "The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. ... Thus it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go out and separate the wicked from the righteous"
- Mt 25: 31-34
- "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.'"
- Mt 24: 29-31
- "Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."
- Mt 25: 34, 46
- Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.' ... And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
- Mt 12: 22-28
- Then they brought to him a demoniac who was blind and mute. He cured the mute person so that he could speak and see. All the crowd was astounded, and said, "Could this perhaps be the Son of David?" But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man drives out demons only by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons." But he knew what they were thinking and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and no town or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your own people drive them out? Therefore they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."
- Lk 17: 20-21
- Asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he said in reply, "The coming of the kingdom of God cannot be observed, and no one will announce, 'Look, here it is,' or, 'There it is.' For behold, the kingdom of God is among you [ intra vos est; is within you]."
- Mt 11: 12-15
- From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent are taking it by force. All the prophets and the law prophesied up to the time of John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah, the one who is to come. Whoever has ears ought to hear.
posted on 02/11/2010 7:59:38 PM PST
("With God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26)
posted on 02/11/2010 8:51:05 PM PST
by GOP Poet
(Obama is an OLYMPIC failure.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson