Skip to comments.Snappy Answers To Stupid Antiwar Soundbites
Posted on 03/08/2003 12:41:10 PM PST by veronica
Use this handy guide to tell you which snappy answer to give whenever a liberal uses stupid soundbites to help Saddam Hussein.
1) The United States is taking unilateral action against Iraq.
So far, it`s a 90-member worldwide "unilateral" coalition.
2) We are in a rush to war.
An 11-year rush?
3) Tough inspections can disarm Saddam Hussein without our having to invade Iraq.
Eleven years of inspections have done wonders so far.
4) We should let the inspectors finish their job.
We did. They didn`t. We will.
5) Why fight? The Iraqi military is weaker than in 1991.
But their biological and chemical weapons are much more dangerous.
6) There`s no proof of those weapons.
We know they have `em, we know they hide `em, and we have tape recordings and photographs. What more is needed? An Iraqi rocket in Martin Sheen`s pocket?
7) If we invade, Saddam might use those weapons of mass destruction against us.
I thought you said Iraq didn`t have them?
8) But terrorists might attack if we invade Iraq.
Oh so if we don`t attack Iraq, terrorists will never strike again?
9) We shouldn`t go to war without a UN resolution.
ANOTHER resolution? What about the last 16 resolutions? Shall we use them as wallpaper? Or shall we use the same resolutions Bill Clinton used in Bosnia?
10) We don`t have a real declaration for war.
It`s called "Joint Congressional Resolution #114.
11) We are giving $20 billion to Turkey. We could use that money at home.
OK, we`ll use that money to strengthen our Iraqi border with Wyoming.
12) If North Korea has nuclear weapons, why aren`t we invading them first?
Uh, hello, isn`t that the point?
13) European leaders are against the war.
The Reichstag wasn`t attacked. The Grande Place wasn`t attacked. The Kremlin wasn`t attacked. And the Jerry Lewis Lifetime Achievement Museum wasn`t attacked. America was attacked. And besides, even with the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany, only three European nations aren`t willing to defend freedom. The rest of Europe is with America.
14) The French don`t support the war.
Oh did they surrender already?
15) Germany objects to this war.
Germany objected to Reagan`s "attitude" toward the Soviet Union. Of course, they objected to our presence in 1943 as well.
16) Belgians are against the war.
I can live without waffles and ice cream.
17) The Russians dont support the war.
Theyre still angry over Reagan`s brilliant Cold War victory.
18) Polls show Europeans are against this war.
Polls show Europeans believe their freedom was achieved by endlessly debating in marvelous dining halls, conveniently forgetting their right to be pompous blowhards was granted with American blood, not fabulous wine and Brie.
19) We should build a coalition with our friends.
With friends like these, who needs enemies?
20) What happens if we can`t build a United Nations coalition?
21) But the UN is the world`s most respected governing body.
Not as respected as the U.S. military.
22) America has always waited until enemies attacked.
Now that oceans can`t hold back enemies, pre-emptive war is forever a necessity.
23) War will cost billions!
So how much is YOUR city worth?
24) President Bush says he`s willing to violate the 1976 executive order forbidding assassinations of foreign leaders.
As soon as the ink is dry on rescinding that idiotic order, will someone please pull the trigger? The line forms to the right.
25) Many senators don`t support Bush.
Are you speaking of the senators from Bordeaux?
26) Tom Daschle says George Bush has a credibility gap
When was the last time we came to Tom Daschle for the truth?
27) These problems didn`t happen under Clinton.
Actually, they happened. But Clinton ignored them. Now Bush will clean up his mess.
28) But Clinton didn`t start a war.
Not unless his girlfriend was testifying before Congress.
29) The first President Bush should have taken out Hussein in `91.
That 1991 UN resolution forbade a march on Baghdad. Remember?
30) Millions of peace activists are demanding we stop the march to war.
Millions of Iraqis are begging for us to start the war.
31) Thousands of innocents will be killed or injured.
That`s a lot less than Hussein has killed and is killing.
32) Young Americans will die in battle.
Would you prefer they die in skyscrapers?
33) Protesters have genuine objections to war.
Just like they did in Somalia? Bosnia?
34) People are coming from all over the world to be human shields on behalf of Saddam.
Quick, hurry before the bombs start dropping.
35) This is about American imperialism.
So which country do we own? What nation sends us its tax dollars? If America were imperialist, we`d already own the entire world. Who could stand in our way?
36) This is blood for oil.
The only blood here has been that of Iraqis tortured, starved and killed while Hussein builds massive palaces to hide nuclear weapons all financed with Iraqi oil.
37) This is a racist war.
America happily endorses a multicultural attitude toward anyone who dares to take away our freedom. Regardless of race, color or creed, we hunt them down and kill them.
38) A U.S.-led invasion of Iraq is a great recruiting tool for terrorists.
Have fun recruiting people into oppressive misery as they enjoy their first taste of freedom.
39) An attack on Iraq could seriously undermine and destabilize Arab nations.
Destabilize the region? The sooner we topple these oppressive 14th century terrorist regimes the better.
40) Are we prepared for a multi-billion dollar occupation?
Were we prepared to liberate Europe and Japan in 1945? South Korea in 1953? Grenada? El Salvador? Kuwait? The Eastern Bloc? Afghanistan? Nations always love Americans when we rescue them from tyranny. The price of freedom is never free.
41) Polls show Americans are more concerned about the threat from Al Qaeda than the threat from Iraq.
It`s not a war against Al Qaeda. It`s not a war against Iraq. It`s a war against terrorism. Anywhere we find it. One nation at a time.
42) American opinion is against the war.
No, it`s not. A majority of Americans want to fight now, not later.
43) According to a recent poll...
You know what? Flush those polls. We`re in a war against terrorism. If you don`t want to fight the vile murderers, get the hell out of the way. Go visit Paris. Or Antwerp. Or Berlin. Or Moscow. And stay there. Forever. But this time, don`t call us when the Visigoths are at the gates.
Tom Adkins is publisher of the website CommonConservative.com, where this column originally appeared.
Here is an example of that rotten man's idea of leadership, push it aside for another administration to deal with more resolutely. The impeached president X42 Bubba Clinton didn't want to have to deal with Saddam so he bombed what he believed to be some of Saddam's weapons program to set him back a few years so Bubba wouldn't have to deal with it (leave this mess for some later President).
Read this from the recent Atlantic interview with Der Slickmeister:
So I think we have to try to give the sanctions one more chance. He's not going to live forever,[NOTE: This strategy has worked wonders in deposing Fidel Castro < /sarcasm >] there are options for regime change short of bombing the living daylights out of them. And we know that these... we know that the inspectors have gotten a ton of stuff out of there. But the effort of trying will bring us together.
But I'm pretty sure this is the right thing to do. Press ahead with this thing, try to.... we knew when we did the bombing in '98 that we hit all the known or suspected sites based on the intelligence we had, from all the people that were doing that work there. we knew at the time that we had set his program back a couple years. But sooner or later in the millennium the new Administration, whether it was Gore's or Bush's, would have to take this matter up again.
Unca Teddy said something like this just this past week.
What a goober...
And 250,000 military right on the border.
The cost to clean up just New York after 9/11, at last count, was more than $105 billion. And that's just the money. What about the lives lost, the lives ruined, the jobs lost, the damage to our economy?
That's why we're sending troops to Canada, Mexico and Venezuela, right?
#18 is my favorite: Polls show Europeans are against this war. Polls show Europeans believe their freedom was achieved by endlessly debating in marvelous dining halls, conveniently forgetting their right to be pompous blowhards was granted with American blood, not fabulous wine and Brie.
That's what they do. They waffle. That's who they are.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.