Skip to comments.Pope Francis Calls for Lord's Prayer to be Altered as Current Wording Suggests God....
Posted on 12/07/2017 5:16:35 PM PST by marshmallow
click here to read article
1. Liberius, reigned 352-66 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
2. Honorius I, reigned 625-638 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
3. Stephen VI, reigned 896-89 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
4. John XII, reigned 955-964 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
5. Benedict IX, reigned 1032-1048 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
6. Boniface VIII, reigned 1294-1303 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
7. Urban VI, reigned 1378-1389 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
8. Alexander VI, reigned 1492-1503 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
9. Leo X, reigned 1513-1521 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
10. Clement VII, reigned 1523-1524 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]
Top 10 Worst Popes in History
1. Pope Alexander VI (1431 1503)
2. Pope John XII (c. 937 964)
3. Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 1065/85)
4. Pope Sergius III (? 911)
5. Pope Stephen VI (? 897)
6. Pope Julius III (1487 1555)
7. Pope Urban II (ca. 1035 1099)
8. Pope Clement VI (1291 1352)
9. Pope Leo X (1475 1521)
10. Pope Boniface VIII (c. 1235 1303)
But Jesus is the same, yesterday, today , and forever.
That’s why you should trust in HIM and not an organization or denomination, no matter what it calls itself.
Methinks the Pontiff does not read his bible as much as he should.
If that is what you believe (and I do not disagree), perhaps you should abandon it, and follow God and Jesus. Always abandon earthly things in favor of Godly things--even when the earthly thing is one's own church.
What a total nut. The prayer means man is tempted but God can help lead us away. Never in my life would I have ever called a Pope an ass but since this freak is a fake pope then $)^&^%_)*(@$%&!
He'd fit right in.
Popes really do think they are above the Word of God.
This false pope is like Soetoro. Neither asks permission.
Correct, I had it flipped.
No, since Luther’s heresy was invented by Luther, and had nothing to do with any “wicked” popes but instead flowed from his own error, Luther would have done what he did anyway. Rix makes this abundantly clear.
Thank you so much for looking into this.
Pope Franken Strikes Again
I have heard this before, and unfortunately, Francis is probably correct. It is a bad translation, the Lord would not lead anyone into temptation. Years ago, I’d heard that ‘not put us to the test’ was a closer translation.
Just so you know, it wasn’t originally in old style English, KJ was quite a while after Jesus!
Would a God lead anyone to temptation? That’s another guy’s job.
Luther’s heresy was still Luther’s heresy.
I can now report that at least on my office computer I cannot paste Hebraic characters into an FR prose
the phrase, according to what I consider the best manuscript tradition of the Hebrew/Aramaic, reads as follows when transliterated by my computer into times new Roman (please read from right to left):
!wysn ydyl wnaybt law
If you know the Hebrew alphabet, everything should be fairly self-explanatory with the exception of the exclamation point, which is a final Nun, and the s represents a Samek.
In one of the manuscripts used in the critical edition, (George Howard’s analysis of Shem Tob’s Work) in the second word there is a yod between the Alef and the Nun.
This deserves a thorough analysis which I can’t do at a break at work. If someone else has time and skill right now, please jump in.
And Rome’s is still Rome’s.
“And Romes is still Romes.”
The Church has no heresies. Heretics do. Protestantism is a heresy.
4. John XII, reigned 955-964 [Catholic Encyclopaedia]Personally, I'd rank John XII #1.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.