Skip to comments.Secrets of Asaram Bapu ZOTTED for your entertainment
Posted on 08/07/2006 9:56:27 PM PDT by Suraj Prakash singh
Hinduism doesn't teaches you to disrespect our religious feelings. But these days some people have made it commercial for making money. Seems like some scammers greed doesn't ends there, besides raping our faith and having us waste our precious time in serving their ashram for their own benefit in the name of spirituality. Well these duo have crossed the limit, and we condemn their philosophy and the way they have used our Hindu religion.
It's a shame and disgrace on us when they call themselves as bhagwan (god) Details and link to video is at http://www.guruashram.com/asarambapusson.html We are hurt by Asaram and his son actions and using Hindu religion as their saviour to hide their cowardly acts. They are shame on our society. Making fool of people in the name of spirituality by using influence or exploiting innocent people in the name of devotees and guru is not recommended in Hindu or infact in any religion. Hinduism is a sacred religion and people like asaram should be exposed for exploiting poor and illiterate people in India who get easily influenced when they see them as public figure. It's a shame and disgrace to Sadhu samaj, and on our Hindu culture.
How does Asaram Bapu brainwash young people who become his followers ::::
When Asaram bapu sees a devotee who comes from a welathy family or a person he can exploit then he wants to modify his devotee behavior and attitude quickly, that deals with a type of practical psychology. The asaram bapu devotee must be cut off from all social support, from their social background, from their families, their familiar environment, their friends, their workplace, their schools, and be brought into a new environment, like delhi person will be taken to ahmedabad. And then, in order to be able to manage behavior processing, an absolute control over information is necessary, i.e., control of mail, telephone calls, radio and television, visitors, etc. Asaram Bapu carry out indoctrination this way gain total control over all possible incoming information. In doing so asaram bapu avail themselves of a very subtle process. If, for instance, young people would want to telephone their parents or call their friends, they throw their coins into the pay telephones, but the devices in this ashram are always coincidentally broken down. Any access to past ties is therefore completely cut off.
Since the people are immediately subjected to an intensive, waking program, they soon suffer from a sleep deficit which clouds their critical ability to judge. On top of that, newcomers are put on a protein-poor diet which leads to digestive disorders so that they do not feel well. They are told, however, that this queasiness is a result of their own evil and satanic existence. Most young people have not been trained to know that a protein-poor diet leads to these complaints. When someone becomes a vegetarian of his own free will, first he usually gathers information as to how he can obtain a sufficient amount of protein. True vegetarians get enough protein even without meat, fish or poultry and do not suffer from these digestive difficulties. So the young people who join asaram bapu ashram have a lack of sleep and protein.
When one is first invited by the sadak to visit ashram , a senior sadak is always seated on either side of the guests. One is never alone and neither can one speak freely with the other new "recruits." They start to prevent the recruit from thinking about what he is doing from the ashram outset. They want to stop anyone from reinforcing the doubt or negative attitude which the new "candidates" will undoubtedly have as recruits. When the recruits arrive in the ashram, any negative feeling has been suppressed. It is explained to them right away that "negativity" is not expressed in groups. If they have questions or negative impressions, they are to direct themselves to designated, mostly upper-level people. In this way the recruit does not find out that others also have doubts. He or she just looks around the circle of people and gets the impression that all are in favor because the asaram bapu recruiters have suppressed any negative feeling through their teachings and through the method in which they deal with the recruits and with their own people.
Then they capture the entire attention of the recruit through games, lectures,satsang and singing. In other words, they involve people so much that they do not even have time to think about what they are doing. In this way they place people into a sort of trance state. Most people do not even know that they can be hypnotized and put into a trance state by very simple and subtle methods without needing any spectacular preparation like the hypnotist on stage who takes out his watch, swings it around in circles and asks his audience to watch him very closely. There are many subtle processes of capturing other's attention and causing them to fixate on something, on a lecture or singing, for instance. Through direct, repetitive suggestion their attention can be fixated and all coincidental associations can be suppressed so that young people can be placed into a sort of fascination trance. In this way young people are put into an altered state of consciousness so that their own thoughts and considerations are gradually more and more limited, that means they think less and less about themselves.
Their clothing still needs to be mentioned. If one really would like to change somebody, the external appearance has to be changed, too. Therefore they cause the young people to cut their hair, they give them new clothing and new names, too; all that is part of their new identity. They give them nicknames. They do that in very subtle ways.
Inside the asaram bapu ashram, extensive use is made of accidents, of explaining a coincidence by saying that it happened because the person affected was seeking a religious experience or a greater religious meaning in his life. What would have been a sheer coincidence is interpreted by asaram bapu as a special, divine connection or prophecy. They use all possible minor accidents to give the impression that the fact of their encounter is far more preordained than perhaps would have been generally assumed.
At the end of this, all old connections are described as Satanic. Relations to parents, friends, etc. are to be broken from that point on because they are evil. The end result of this treatment is that people feel extremely guilty because of their past. Any instability, any deviation, such as smoking marijuana or an occasional LSD trip, is held up to them as very, very evil. And since most young people do not know what everybody else who has smoked marijuana says, they get the feeling that their little "slip" in using marijuana was already serious drug abuse. That is how it is suggested to them that they were very evil in the past. Wholesale feelings of guilt are produced in this way. Moreover they are given a feeling of guilt that if they leave the group, all their forefathers and descendants will be damned. Therefore the recruits develop major feelings of fear and guilt.
It is explained to them that they are worthy of love, etc. And that is, naturally, very effective. Most of the youth with whom I have spoken became members at a point in their lives in which they were very discouraged and very lonely. At the same time feelings of guilt and fear are aroused and manipulated in them in order to convince them that they can only be saved if they stay with the group of asaram bapu.
Apart from being depressed and discouraged, many young people have sexual conflicts. How should they choose their partner, have sexual intercourse and marry? When they enter asaram bapu ashram, any sex they had dies.
Asaram bapu will brianwash you once inside the ashram by having ou listen to his tapes cd continously, primarily as concerns psychological manipulation, isolating people from their past, changing their conduct, forgetting or giving up their past and remaining with the group.
Save your loved ones form this unhumane person, god exisits everywhere asaram bapu or his son is not god. have faith in you and your god and you will do good in life. you don't need this corrupt man.
It's really a two-part problem. First, Asaram Bapu cult is founded by a single person who retains a position of exclusive power within the organization, and power tends to corrupt even the most ethical among us. In the case of The Asaram Bapu, there is evidence that its leader, Asaram Bapu, is abusing religious beliefs and is involved in forgery, scams, land grabbing, land encroachment, seduction, mass fantatics protestors. Because Asaram Bapu groups operate outside the mainstream, there is usually no one checking up on their operating procedures, so a corrupt or mentally unstable leader like Asaram Bapu is free to exploit his followers to his heart's content. In addition to this authoritarian leadership structure, some primary tactics or characteristics of a destructive cult like of asaram bapu uses are ::
Behavior Control Regulation of individual's physical reality
a. Where, how and with whom the member lives and associates with. ==== Anyone who is recruited or has been chosen to be exploited is made to leave his home and leave his family so he can fully work in ashram.
b. What clothes, colors, hairstyles the person wears ===== You will not be able to bring you own clothes, you will be living on the mercy of ashram for clothes, and other visitors in the ashram will give you their torned clothes to wear. if you family visits the ashram and bring clothes for you you are required to give away to the ashram.
c. What food the person eats, drinks, adopts, and rejects ==== Asaram bapu has built canteen inside the ashram, and slaves working in the ashram are given only special diets in the name of sativk food. which includes high sugar, and no vitamins or fruits forever. you are not allowed to eat outside the ashram. if you family brings fruits for you you will give to the ashram kitchen period.
d. How much sleep the person is able to have ==== you are living in ashram , you are made to work from 6 am till 10 pm whole day with no break, then while sleeping you are required to do meditation infact think about asaram for 3 hours. in total you will be given 4 hours of sleep per day.
e. Financial dependence == you will never have money, you home you property etc you will be made to donate to asaram ashram in the name of yoga Vedanta Samiti or to his son name narayan swami, or to sureshanandji. From now on you will live in side the ashram on the mercy of ashram, if your parents ever come and give you money for you to come home or money to eat proper food then you will donate that money to the donation box instantly.
f. Little or no time spent on leisure, entertainment, vacations === you are never given off once working as slave in ashram, forget about current affairs or new or news paper or TV etc. You will be manipulated to miss the funeral of your parents, mother father, brother sister, or any other family members. You are in control of the ashram the only entertainment you will ever have is to do mediation and put your mind towards asaram itself. this way even in the time you are free you are being brain washed to to be more attached to asaram.
2. Major time commitment required for indoctrination sessions and group rituals ==== you are required to visit satsang in your city which takes up around 5-6 hours for couple of days, then you are required to do dhayan in your home in front of asaram picture for 1-2 hours daily , and all you do while closing your eyes is do jaap chanting of a particular slogan repeatedly and try to picture asaram photo in your mind. This way every time you close your eyes all you see is asaram.
3. Need to ask permission for major decisions === Once you are in ashram you have some one else who is senior than you or has been living there for more number of years than you will check upon you. You are required to tell him what you did today, can you speak to some one else, can you go to some ones home. you are never allowed to go to your home so the question of asking doesn't even arise.
4. Need to report thoughts, feelings and activities to superiors == Yes, if you ever thought that asaram is using you are if you come across any court case or real person who was abused by asaram and you even ever got a thought that is there something wrong ? then you must report to your sadak guru Bhai (senior devotee), he will tell you that speaking against Sant or guru is an evil thought. if you think or speak against the guru cult leader then you are given talks like :: The slanderer of the Saint is misled into desolation. The slanderer of the Saint is empty inside, like the corpse of a dead man, without the breath of life. The slanderer of the Saint has no heritage at all. He himself must eat what he has planted. The slanderer of the Saint cannot be saved by anyone else. infact the cult leader is portrayed as Sant saint lord god and if you speak against him you are an evil.
5. Rewards and punishments (behavior modification techniques- positive and negative). === They will say they lost some money because of you and then will put a guilt in you that you are responsible for the loss now you will have to work hard to make up for the loss. If you make up by begging or making others fool and get money for the ashram then you will be given a chain to hang in you neck with cult leader asaram picture means now you are total fanatic and are a brainwashed slave for ever. They will humiliate you in front of hundreds of other followers if you ever had a thought of leaving ashram, they will praise you if you come back even after family was able to take you away from ashram.
6. Individualism discouraged; group think prevails == You are no body, only way to think is through other sadaks who are fanatics. You have no identity, you are left with no family only family you have is other fanatics like you and only way to ever do is to tell others in ashram what you plan to do and then if they all approve and it is approved by asaram himself then you do what you are told to do only.
7. Rigid rules and regulations ==== There are numerous rules in every area you can think including you can't talk to family, you cant go home, you can't tell people what ashram does. etc.
8. Need for obedience and dependency. === You are a slave and you have no identity . you are dependent for money which you never get, you can't do anything on your own except to do the job which you are assigned to do and you will be doing that for years to come forever your life.
II. Information Control
1. Use of deception Deception in recruiting ---- Asaram manipulates his new followers by showing he is a religious man rather than coming in open and telling this is my past and how many people and families i have ruined for my own benefit. They will have you invite others in family or friends to the satsang or discourses , and once you visit you will be influenced by the charismatic leadership of asaram that so many followers have left homes to work in ashram. After couple of visits you will be involved in their workings and within couple of weeks you will be recruited inside the ashram and will be manipulated to leave your home in the name of spirituality and work as slave in ashram. Only young people in the age of 18-30 are manipulated to leave homes and work as slaves in ashram, rest of them are left outside to promote asaram in public and bring more recruits. Or if you run a business and are good with public influence then you are used as a public relation person in the society. Ultimate goal is to recruit you and then exploit you or have you exploit others for asaram promotion.
a. Deliberately holding back information === You are never told what kind of legal problems asaram bapu is facing. You are never told what happened to the people who spoke the truth about the cult leader and why they are missing.
b. Distorting information to make it acceptable ==== asaram bapu will manipulate all legal cases against him. for example one kid was killed and is since missing from Rajokri ashram, Father of the kid sent letters to president of India, governor of Delhi stating and accusing Yoga Vedanta Samiti ashram which is controlled by asaram and asaram was there had killed his son inside the ashram because his son had hit one sadak in accident outside the ashram with his motorcycle. Number of witnesses were there but it has been years his son is never seen after this incident, but because asaram has influenced over local police and politicians so nearby villager who witnessed states that this kid was killed by sadaks in ashram itself and then was digged in grave in ashram boundary itself. but case has been distorted and is presents by asaram that the kid was a thief and he was pick pocketing and he ran away. There are number of cases like this in every Asaram ashram.
c. Outright lying === if family or media speaks to asaram on live TV or in public that they had been requesting him to send his son home or why they not being meet with their son he will lie that we never stopped him to speak to you, he is happy in ashram and is living at his own will.
2. Access to non-cult sources of information minimized or discouraged === Followers are told not to speak to anyone who doesn't belive in asaram as god including you own family or any one from media.
a. Books, articles, newspapers, magazines, TV, radio === You are never given newspaper, magazine , TV stating that those are sin things. The only book you can read is which are written by ashram and only music you can listen in which asaram is speaking.
b. Critical information == different sadaks followers are in all cities who may be in a government job so they have ample of time to fight with critical information they receive about asaram
c. Former members === there is no former member, because if you ever plan to leave ashram you are disappeared. And if for some reason your family is able to take you away and is able to take you to anti cult people then you are discarded as garbage and an evil person who took money from ashram and was a shame on asaram.
d. Keep members so busy they don't have time to think === There are cases where a person is in the ashram for last 10 years , he never called home or went home. He has no time in day to talk because he is given so much job to do that he has no time to think.
3. Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines === anyone who has not taken deeksha mean has given money and then took picture of asaram and done meditation for hours and tried to put picture of asaram in his mind for hours per day is an outsider, and is not allowed to know anything about ashram.
a. Information is not freely accessible == Try asking anything about financial of asaram or whereabouts of asaram or past details of a sadak (follower), or what he does whole day you will be kept in illusion.
b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid === New recruits are only meant for footwork and to sell tapes on the streets or get member ship fees for books. and information about ashram and the way ashram function is different than if you ask the person who is living in ashram and is a little senior.
c. Leadership decides who "needs to know" what == IT's asaram himself who will decide which follower devotee or brainwashed person should be given which job.
4. Spying on other members is encouraged == all phone calls are tapped. If a followers family comes to ashram then you will have another 40-50 followers near you who will keep an eye on your and you loved ones movement so they can keep track and control what information you provide him.
a. Pairing up with "buddy" system to monitor and control --- you are given "guru Bhai " who acts as your brother and you only work with him and sleep with him.
b. Reporting deviant thoughts, feelings, and actions to leadership == if you ever thought anything against asaram then you should report to senior guru bhai who will in turn tell you to do maun vrata , (non speaking fasting) and mediation, You will not speak to anyone for a week and you will do dhayan of guru while closing your eyes for a week. This way asaram controls your mind and you are being brainwashed every time you ever had a thought against cult leader.
5. Extensive use of cult generated information and propaganda === You are bound to read books written by ashram, and you bound to say what ashram is telling you to say in language they want you to say.
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audio tapes, videotapes, etc. === Yes, they have their own magazine called "Rishi Prasad" for which you collect membership fees of apx Rs.500 apx. $20 this is the initial stage. Then you are sold tapes, Cd, ayurvedic medicine which are not authenticated though and have never been tested by any lab. Then you are made used to drink cow urine, stating it has nutritional values, but even that cow urine is not urine, that is collected from bus stations rail stations in Rajasthan Human Public urinals.
b. Misquotations, statements taken out of context from non-cult sources === Misquote every thing including gita and mould it in such a way that every Hindu book in the world ever said is that guru is only thing you ever need in this life and you should leave everything on guru. And guru is your god so now asaram is your god. Even in every speech or discourse he does he will include line stating guru deeksha is param dharam, means you are not religious if i am not your guru.
6. Unethical use of confession ==== They will use every means of manipulation of every statement given by any sadak or follower. mostly this is used to exploit the follower or sadak and have him work in ashram.
a. Information about "sins" used to abolish identity boundaries ==== You are a sin because you took so long to come to ashram and donate yourself. Every one else in the world is a sin. You are the best and people in the ashram is your only family, you will be a sin if you ever leave us. etc.
b. Past "sins" used to manipulate and control; no forgiveness or absolution ==== Your grand father / parents soul "aatma" is still wandering after their death and the only way their soul can rest in peace if you live in ashram and serve ashram.
III. Thought Control
1. Need to internalize the group's doctrine as "Truth" == Only truth is the "Rishi Prasad" the magazine they print.
c. Good vs. evil === we are good when we are in ashram, every one outside is an evil.
d. Us vs. them (inside vs. outside) === we are insiders as we are living in ashram and others are sin who live outside are living in material world.
2. Adopt "loaded" language (characterized by "thought-terminating clichés"). Words are the tools we use to think with. These "special" words constrict rather than expand understanding. They function to reduce complexities of experience into trite, platitudinous "buzz words". "Inside language" that only members fully understand ==== Ask any of the family members who are hurt by asaram what happened to their child, in fact followers attitude towards parents and family changes , and he sees them as an outsider, and his sect in ashram has their own code words like satta bazaar has their own words same way asaram followers who are living in Ahmedabad ashram has their own words which we can't understand. in these words they tell each other we can trust the third person or be aware of the person because he is against asaram, or if we can make fool and con the person of his money or can make him a slave for their ashram.
3. Only "good" and "proper" thoughts are encouraged. == If you speak about your family and want to go back you are discouraged, only talk you can ever do is how to recruit more people for ashram and how to increase money for ashram
4. Thought-stopping techniques (to shut down "reality testing" by stopping "negative" thoughts and allowing only "good" thoughts); rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism. ==== Every time you come across a negative thought about asaram you are given a punishment to go inside a room and lock yourself for hours and do chanting and fasting.
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking == you are not suppose to thin anything else except that you are thank full to asaram that he has let you live in his ashram and you are saved form material world.
b.= Chanting == you will do chanting for 18 hours/day when you are just recruited, after about a week when you are brainwashed and are made under their control now you are given a job to do in ashram. now you will do chanting for 2 hours in morning and 2 hours in evening , rest of the time you will be working. if you are an old person and are not recruited for inside the ashram work and are sill living at home then you are given big photographs of asaram to place in your shop , business, home, and in the temple space inside your home. so every time you pray you pray to asaram and you need to do that for couple of hours/day.
c. Meditating === while meditating all you do is bring picture of asaram in your mind and you are given hidden symbols like of ohm this way every time you see ohm picture of asaram comes to you mind.
d. Praying === you will not be praying to any god once you took deeksha or are staying in the ashram from now on your will be praying to asaram as your god.
e. Speaking in "tongues" === speak slow and speak like other hypnotic speakers speak to have more impact on what you are saying.
f. Singing or humming === Only thing you will ever sing is about asaram and that too repeatedly say asaram bapu you are my saviour, you saved me. etc etc. and repeat this for thousand times day.
5. No critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy seen as legitimate === nothing is legitimate , Out of hundreds of victims who criticized or people who filed court cases and won are not legitimate only asaram is legitimate.
6. No alternative belief systems viewed as legitimate, good, or useful ==== there is no other god except asaram. Even your own mother is an evil and has no use for you , only bapu asaram will save you.
IV. Emotional Control
1. Manipulate and narrow the range of a person's feelings. ==== You ever smoke a cigarette in the past, well this is your crime and now you will work in ashram for ever your life. This could be anything they will manipulate as it was the sin you did.
2. Make the person feel like if there are ever any problems it is always their fault, never the leader's or the group's. === if your family ever approached media and scornfully took you out , it is you fault that you didn't said i am living in ashram at my own will. If you ever did a blunder and it becomes public and if ashram is in trouble due to that then you are blamed individually.
3. Excessive use of guilt ==== people who are staying in ashram are made to feel guilty every day. they are guilty that they were not capable of taking care of the family this is why they are here, and they are not capable to do anything now because they lost so many years. most of the sadak "'Guru Bhai" are made to have sex among themselves in their own circle in front of other followers. This way you re ashamed if you ever leave the ashram. it's guilt guilt and guilt they will fill you up with guilt that some times you feel like doing suicide, but then they come and save you saying now you devote your life to asaram.
a. Identity guilt === you are no body, you are nothing , but some times you feel guilty why i am here and what happened to my family now you are more guilty, and who i am now ? what will i do now more guilt.
1. Who you are (not living up to your potential) === You could not do anything in this material world, you are nothing , the only way you could anything ever be is by working hard for the ashram.
2. Your family == your family is a sin, your family wants you back because you own share in the property and they want to take that away from you. you must stay in ashram and give that property share in the name of asaram . This way the family can't sell the property and ashram has one more control over the family, then they extract money from the family to give the share or most of the time they will take their property in the ashram name and convert it as a small ashram, or a office. or will sell it to collect free money. you family will not accept you, because they are in material world. either way in the process they will have you fight with your own family and have you curse your own mother father family, this way you will have one more guilt and never want to face the family.
3. Your past == your past has no value , you were a sin, your past was a horrible thing . you were not happy in the past. now you are happy and if you stay in ashram you will happy.
4. Your affiliations == your affiliation is with ashram only, all your previous affiliations are broken now will have guilt about breaking ashram affiliation if you plan to leave.
5. Your thoughts, feelings, actions === all are manipulated with guilt
6. Social guilt == what will show to some one what you did with your life in last 10 years in ashram.
7. Historical guilt === what's your history of ashram and about your career you have nothing to show. you will be ashamed if you ever leave.
4. Excessive use of fear == you are made a fanatic and are told cult leader is a saint. and now if you ever speak against saint you will go to hell, you family will go to hell.
a. Fear of thinking independently === You can't think, and you are made to think only about the ashram. if you ever think on your own its a sin.
b. Fear of the "outside" world == outside is a material wold and corrupt, they wont let you live .
c. Fear of enemies === you know you made fool of thousands of people and there were number of people who threatened to situ because you had manipulated their kids and recruited them in ashram, now you are under fear if you ever leave they will hurt you but cult leader has guns , and is already walk with so much security around him but you will be alone by yourself.
d. Fear of losing one's "salvation" === if you ever leave asaram bapu ashram you will have nothing to do, you will have no job, no family. and ashram will not give you job.
e. Fear of leaving the group or being shunned by group === ashram people won't be your friend to whom you have considered as guru Bhai for 10 years now you will be left alone.
f. Fear of disapproval === if you ever leave ashram under any circumstances you will never be taken back in and you are scared to leave.
5. Extremes of emotional highs and lows. === This is a daily routine and is used to play mind games with you to keep you busy.
6. Ritual and often public confession of "sins". ==== If you ever leave and went home and if your family forced you to stay then you confess in public, and what you ever did against asaram bapu.
7. Phobia indoctrination: programming of irrational fears of ever leaving the group or even questioning the leader's authority. The person under mind control cannot visualize a positive, fulfilled future without being in the group.
a. No happiness or fulfillment "outside"of the group == outside world is filled with negativity, and mean people all they want is money and want to use you, so you stay here work in ashram for god asaram bapu.
b. Terrible consequences will take place if you leave: "hell"; "demon possession"; "incurable diseases"; "accidents"; "suicide"; "insanity"; "10,000 reincarnations"; etc. ========== you will be a sin if you ever leave. You will have no life and god asaram bapu will not come to save you.
c. Shunning of leave takers. Fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family. ======== you are not allowed to go home even if your parents die, or if your sister is getting married or if your wife is raped at home. you will be a sin if you ever leave and people didn't left for 10 years.
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave. From the group's perspective, people who leave are: "weak"; "undisciplined"; "unspiritual"; "worldly"; "brainwashed by family, counselors"; seduced by money, sex, rock and roll. === no one ever left. so no question of leaving, the only way asaram bapu has ever left some one when they have disappeared.
Charismatic leadership --- It is asaram himself who poses himself as god to his followers. and followers become fanatic in believing asaram as god and they forget in real god or the supreme power.
Use of thought-reform methods ---- Asaram followers who are manipulated to live in ashram as sadak are never left open to know what's happening in the world , they are made to listen to his tapes 24 hours /day and think about asaram only.
Isolation (physical and/or psychological) --- asaram bapu has grabbed lands and built number of ashrams all over India with small rooms and instructs his followers to lock themselves in room for hours and think about asaram only, they call it dhayan. Infact in psychology a person is made to think about asaram only and only asaram. Plus most of his followers are dislocated like Delhi follower will be sent to work in his Ahmedabad factory and Ahmedabad follower will be sent to Delhi vice versa. he has number of thikanas (places to hide, hidden ashrams) to hide his followers if followers family want to take their son/daughter back to their homes.
Demand for absolute, unquestioning devotion and loyalty ==== asaram will ask for total dedication from his followers who are living in his ashram, or are new recruits, they are not allowed to pray to any god except asaram, they are not allowed to belive in or listen to any other religious leader.
Sharp, unsurpassable distinction between "us" (good, saved) and "them" (bad, going to Hell) ====== Asaram bapu has made categories like hierarchy in followership -- like a new follower is seen as a skeptic, and then when a person leaves his home and starts living in his ashram then he is given some work, and made to think if he works hard and recruit more people form his family then he is promoted with in his cult . Followers are taught any one who speaks against asaram bapu is an evil, and his followers will go to the person who speaks the truth about asaram and will harass him, like they did to Nana Patekar, or to a news magazine in Delhi, or to respectable saint in north Delhi. They will harass anyone who questions asaram like jet airways airline staff was beaten up by followers of asaram when their colleague in other city had wanted to do security check of asaram at the airport. security check was mandatory and was done to everyone because India is having lot of bomb blast and terrorists and even to an ordinary person but his follower halted the airport function for hours and disrupted the roads nearby airport to get publicity and come in media.
Strict control over members' daily routines ==== Asaram bapu control the daily routine of his followers who are living in his ashram by not giving them any real knowledge or skill rather than to emotionally blackmail them and make them speak they were unhappy in this world now they are happy by ruining their life and family and are happy while working as slaves in un humane conditions, It's amazing to see some people are working 20-22 hours per days and have been working in the ashram form last 10 years . asaram in his private meeting with his staff will manipulate all court cases against him and say these outsiders people are fool they are suing me, they cant do anything to me.
I give this an 8 for originality.
well at least it's in English.....
This is one of the best attempt at trolling I've seen in ages.
Sounds like a PC professor's course in American History.
I agree that cults (which control the minds and actions of members) are bad. Beyond that, this whole case is completely foreign to me.
What brings you to FR?
Suraj Prakash singh
Since Aug 8, 2006
Perhaps DU would be a better fit for you?
Suraj Prakash singh
Since Aug 8, 2006
Hasn't discovered DU yet?
It doesnt seem to be trolling,,its a well written article on something obscure to me.
I heard the same thing happens when you enter Helen Thomas.
WOW! A 6748 word ZOT!!!!
I know this sounds ....strange...but, has Helen Thomas ever married?
Zot? damn, now I Gotta find a kitty pic.
She was married to a guy who worked for AP, but he died. Of what I do not know.
And, yes, it does sound strange :)
good that is.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.