Skip to comments.California church draws backlash for sign: ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’
Posted on 01/11/2019 4:46:21 AM PST by lowbridge
click here to read article
The truth. Its nice to read once in a while.
There are several conservative Bible believing Presbyterian denominations. Most are listed at naparc.org.
There is also an Orthodox Presbyterian Church denomination which doesn’t ordain women and is still highly biblical in teaching.
I am compassionate to them. I tell them the truth in hopes they will repent and be cured rather than go to hell.
The bible is pretty blatant about homosexuality.
Telling the truth is never hateful. It may not be kind or gentle, but it is never hateful.
Just for the sake of argument assuming they can do it, that would not be changing the sex of a child. That would be destroying one child and creating another. Radically changing the DNA of every cell in a person’s body destroys that person.
Thanks for your clarification. I’d been wondering.
certainly not under these circumstances- the TRUTH is an attempt to get the person to become born again so they can avoid ETERNITY in hell- That isn’t hateful- That is love- and that is truth
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....Hebrews 11:1
Had to look that up. Yikes.
You dont know that. Withhold judgment and get educated in the afterlife which we hope is there. All we have is hope. We cant know this stuff and hate is not appropriate.
Howie66 is correct, including that thats just too damned bad if they have a problem with the fact that "Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still sin. The culture may change. The Bible does not."
But which is not opposed to them coming to saving repentant faith in the risen Lord Jesus.
God made man and women distinctively different yet uniquely compatible and complementary, and only joined them together in marriage - as the Lord Jesus Himself specified - and only condemned homosexual relations wherever they are manifestly dealt with.
Yet there is still room at the cross for all who will come to God in repentance and faith, and trust in the Divine Son of God sent by the Father, the risen Lord Jesus, to save them on His account, by His sinless shed blood, and thus be baptized and live for Him. Acts 10:36-47
This is a truth that no one can dispute! If you are born a male, you will die a male no matter how much medicine or hormones you take, and how much surgical manipulation you undergo. The same is true of females. Sorry, but that is a fact!
>> Telling the truth is never hateful. It may not be kind or gentle, but it is never hateful.<<
Hate to sound harshly critical, but you’re not giving that a lot of thought because it’s very easy to think of examples where telling the truth would be rightly considered hateful.
>>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....Hebrews 11:1<<
Interesting verse of scripture asserting that faith is somehow evidence of the existence of things not seen. Interesting because if it were not a statement considered by many to be divinely inspired it would simply be considered nonsensical.
The most compassionate thing anyone can do is tell someone else the truth.
It's about time some outrage was sparked in this country for calling sin SIN!!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Bless their pea-pickin' hearts!
Too bad they also showed their HATE of private property and freedom of speech.
Only part of them.
I’m sure some Presbys will post the actual ratio.
"Get out of our way," they replied. "This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.
As an old book once pointed out:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.