Skip to comments.Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist Challenges LGBTQ narrative
Posted on 09/06/2016 8:56:37 AM PDT by Academiadotorg
A literature review, which is often called a study by the media, conducted by Johns Hopkins professor Dr. Paul R. McHugh and epidemiologist Dr. Lawrence S. Mayer has led to an outcry by the Left and LGBTQ community due to their findings. McHugh is a University Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and had served as a psychiatrist-in-chief for the Johns Hopkins University Hospital and Mayer works at the Arizona State University.
In the executive summary, the authors point out that:
● "The understanding of sexual orientation as an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings--the idea that people are 'born that way' is not supported by scientific evidence.
● "While there is evidence that biological factors such as genes and hormones are associated with sexual behaviors and attractions, there are no compelling causal biological explanations for human sexual orientation. While minor differences in the brain structures and brain activity between homosexual and heterosexual individuals have been identified by researchers, such neurobiological findings do not demonstrate whether these differences are innate or are the result of environmental and psychological factors.
● "Compared to heterosexuals, non-heterosexuals are about two to three times as likely to have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
● "Members of the transgender population are also at higher risk of a variety of mental health problems compared to members of the non-transgender population. Especially alarmingly, the rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41%, compared to under 5% in the overall U.S. population.
● "Compared to the general population, adults who have undergone sex-reassignment surgery continue to have a higher risk of experiencing poor mental health outcomes. One study found that, compared to controls, sex-reassigned individuals were about 5 times more likely to attempt suicide and about 19 times more likely to die by suicide."
He might get the Dr. Phil treatment.
For my parish newsletter.
We don’t need no stinking science.
The homosexuals change their support of Born That Way/It’s My Choice depending on their political goals.
So far, they have won every fight by using the “Poor Me I Was Born This Way Argument.
Now, they are going to argue that homosexuality is an illness.
That way, they can claim disability and receive PREFERENCE for being homosexual.
It was never about marriage or being in the military.
It was always about MONEY.
Remember when science was objecive...
Now science that does not support the left is attacked and destroyed.
That is unsettling science for the LGBTABCDEF...community. When will state attorneys generals go after them for being deniers?
90 plus percent of male queers were molested by adult queers. The disease transmission stats proved this decades ago. Queers are like Muslims, it is completely acceptable to lie to get what you want. The marketing and forced deviance on normal people is proceeding, practically unhindered at an astonishing rate.
Where was my trigger warning????
Do we know this for sure? It kinda makes sense in a way.I've seen it written more than once that a good percentage of *female* perverts have been molested by men (father,uncle,teacher,priest,neighbor...) and that,too,makes sense.
There was a FReeper years back who was a psychologist or therapist who dealt with many homosexuals in her professional life.
She stated that over 95% of them had been molested as children.
In my own profession I have known a large number of homosexuals and lesbians. The ones I have gotten to know also had the same background and for the men there was no father in the household. A father figure would introduce himself into the boy’s life and molestation as a child or coercion while a teen would occur.
The lesbians had all been molested by a close male family member or step-father with the mother doing nothing about it or being emotionally distant to the girl.
A huge number of lesbians are suspicious of men or hate them outright. They have difficulty relating to men in their professional or personal life. That is not by accident. Their mistrust of men comes from something in their childhood or teen years.
Any nation cursing America as we knew it went under real bad. To be a homosexual only to curse and dishonnor your parents will do the same
It is one thing to sin, but to disgrace the benefit and existence of the structure of relatives (cousins, grandmother etc) - and replace it with preferences and monstrous language of gay marriage specifically destroying such, is absolute folly.
One could be gay and still honor and respect the family, but to make the former so sacrosant is pure hypocrisy. It is not love but perversion of love and pure hate
This isn’t going to go over well.
This was established years ago in the Bay Area of San Fran by the Ca Dept of Public Health when the surge in,not just HIV, but a half dozen other diseases, was traced to adult homosexuals that had molested the boys. These boys were labeled twinks and were passed around the homosexual community as if it were a kind of sporting event.
There are those who hate the one who upholds justice in court and detest the one who tells the truth. Amos 5:10
In related news, Justice Kennedy’s head just exploded.
Maryland “Freak State” PING!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.