Skip to comments.ARIZONA GOVERNOR VETOES RELIGIOUS FREEDOM BILL
Posted on 02/26/2014 4:57:14 PM PST by markomalley
click here to read article
We cannot blame the left for this. We can blame one person only. That is Jan Brewer. Period. She did not have the power of her “convictions”...if she has any.
I would not be so sure of that. Several of Laura’s best friends are gay. She said what she missed most when W was elected was shopping for antiques with her gay guy friends. Having said that...Laura is still one of my favorite first ladies..ever.
I think the Law while good intentioned concerning religious freedom and government overreach it was just plainly worded wrong. Here is a few things i would have changed.
1. Remove the word Religion - Religion is a hotword that causes all the MSM and weak spined RINO-crats to get all worked up in a tizzy dizzy. (I hate doing it, but it removes whole invalid as it may be sepration of church and state weasel words the libs like to use to get bills killed intheir tilted courts.)
2. Replace the word “Business” with “Artisan”
3. Rename the bill to “Artistic Expression Protection Act”
4. Re-word the bill to emphasize “Commissioned Work or individualized Consumer Products” are a product of an Artist and you cannot legally compel an Artist under force of law to produce something using their own artistic talent that is against their own personal beliefs or customs or if they are are uncomfortable with the subject matter.
5. Make sure the Bill also defines that any occupation involving an artistic services like Photography, Disc Jockey, Gourmet Catering, Entertainment, or Cultural Ceremonies are also covered by the “Artistan Rights” as well.
This would be how you write a bill that could easily pass even in a blue state that would prevent the bullying abuse that we see when a caterer or photographer is bullied by a group that wishes to make a point by bullying.
It is not just about Religion, but about protecting the occupation of an artist as well as their artistic expression.
I ask you, how would a conservative feel if they were forced to cater a luncheon for a bunch of commies against their will? How would a Stanist Sculptor feel about beign forced to sculpt a sculpture or Jesus (not that I actually give a damn).
This would protect Poltical groups as well as Religious groups as well.
Jan Brewer is term limited. She’s done, so she has reason to veto this out of fear of losing re-election.
“About 10 years ago I was told a business in Virginia could refuse to serve anyone they wanted. Not sure if that was right, but the person should have known.”
They were wrong. Check federal law.
This is why Obama is stacking the DC Court with as many commie judges he can find. Him and Holder are overturning all legislation with their commie judges.
No different than when FDR tried stacking the Supreme Court. Obama is just following in the footsteps of one of many of his socialist heroes.
This whole country is becoming the final Babylon. Nothing surprises me anymore.
But if the price is significantly different from what it would be for a straight couple, they can claim discrimination.
Depending on the laws in the location in question, it could be illegal.
“Leviticus tells us what to do in the face of abomination.”
Many self employed people don’t know what you are talking about.
One would like to think such lawsuits would fail, but maybe not in today’s America. We have fallen so far so fast.
Perhaps not, but if they try jacking up the price for a gay couple, they’ll likely find out the hard way.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.