|This thread has been locked, it will not receive new replies.|
Locked on 09/01/2005 11:36:21 PM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:
Locked - New Thread http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1475392/posts
Skip to comments.Threat Matrix: Daily Terror Threat - Thread Twenty-Nine
Posted on 08/06/2005 4:45:21 PM PDT by nwctwx
Threat Matrix HTML designed by: Ian Livingston
A Sampler of FreeRepublic.com - Keword Searches:
ISLAMABAD A militant suspected of bringing murdered US reporter Daniel Pearl to his kidnappers has confessed he was working for two key Al Qaeda-linked operatives, police said on Saturday.
Mohammad Hashim Qadir was arrested last month in Gujranwala in the central province of Punjab. Security sources believe he set up a meeting between Pearl and militants who later kidnapped and killed him.
He has confessed to his role in the Pearl case and to some robberies, Gujranwala police chief Zafar Abbas told Reuters.
No-one was available to give comment from Qadir himself.
Abbas did not say what part Qadir, also known as Arif, played in the Wall Street Journal reporters abduction and murder, but said he had admitted taking instructions from two militants who played key roles in the plot.
He confessed he was receiving orders from Omar Sheikh and Amjad Farooqi.
British-born Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, commonly known as Omar Sheikh, was sentenced to death in 2002 for masterminding the murder, but is still in jail awaiting an appeal hearing.
Amjad Hussain Farooqi was named as a conspirator in the Pearl case, and was considered a key link between local militants and Al Qaeda planner Abu Faraj Farj Al Libbi, who was captured in Pakistan in May.
Farooqi, who was also implicated in assassination plots against President Pervez Musharraf, was killed by security forces in the southern city of Nawabshah in September last year.
Investigators in Karachi, where Pearl was murdered, say Qadir acted as a go-between for Sheikh and Farooqi.
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain Condemns Tony Blairs Announcement to Ban the Party
Sourse: Imran Waheed Media Representative
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
Uploaded/Updated: 08/06/2005 17:44:23
London, UK, August 5 - Todays announcement at the PMs press conference to impose a ban on Hizb ut Tahrir, the well established non violent Islamic political party has clearly exposed this PMs and governments fanaticism and extremism to curtail legitimate Islamic political debate in Britain, for their own political ends. This is a clear proof of the governments failure to face the political opinions of the party through rational debate and discussion and a desperate attempt to prevent the British public hearing the opinions of the Muslim community.
Hizb ut-Tahrir has a record of over 50 years of following a method of non-violent political activity against imperialism and dictators and despots who rule the Muslim world with the Wests approval. In its work to establish the Islamic Caliphate, Hizb ut-Tahrir has never resorted to any sort of armed struggle and nor has it ever incited people to kill innocent civilians. It has throughout its history worked through intellectual and political means while its members have been tortured and killed in the thousands.
Hizb ut-Tahrir has in explicit terms stated that Islam forbids the killing of innocent civilians and expressed its denunciation of the killing of 58 innocent individuals on 7th July 2005 in London. To place a ban on a political party that has criticised the war in Iraq which Mr Blair and Mr Bush launched after blatantly lying to the world, the illegitimate occupation of Palestine, the desire for the Muslims to see the end of dictators and despots and live by the Islamic government, the Caliphate, in their own lands has proved that all the talk about freedom of speech, tolerance, people power and democracy, are only acceptable as long as one agrees with the policies of 10 Downing Street.
Dr Imran Waheed, Media Representative of Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain, said, By imposing a ban on Hizb ut-Tahrir, Mr Blair has joined the ranks of some of the worlds most brutal dictators such as Karimov, Musharraf, Mubarak and Gadaffi who after banning the party continue to imprison, murder and even boil alive members of Hizb ut-Tahrir for voicing their political opinions.
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain explicitly states that it will continue in its non-violent political struggle in exposing the Wests colonial policies in the Muslim world and continue to create a positive public opinion about Islam as a way of life and the Caliphate as a new state and civilization that will free the world from the oppression of global capitalism.
Notes to Editors:
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain will hold a press conference tomorrow (Saturday 06 August 2005) at 12pm in London.
Venue: London Continental Hotel, 88 Gloucester Place, London W1U 6HR. (access from 11 am).
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain is the UK branch of Hizb ut-Tahrir, a global independent Islamic political party. The global leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir, Ata Abu Rushta, is in the Muslim world. The party works throughout the Islamic world to resume the Islamic way of life by re-establishing the Islamic Khilafah [Caliphate].
Thank you for the keyword list.
We all need to attempt getting keywords on the threads, I had never added them, until London.
Now I try to, when I see they are needed.
You work so hard, thank you.
I promise to work hard at filling this thread, so you can work on #30, right away.
Smiling at you.......
Thank you, Ian.
Thanks for the ping to the new thread. It should get interesting this month!
Woo Hoo! Thread 29 already! Thanks Ian for getting us here and for all your exceptional work maintaining the thread and the flair you have for making the rest of us look good :-)
PBS does the same thing. It turns me off and I turn them off.
Watch for women and child bombers, says Met David Leppard
Sunday Times (UK) ^ | August 07, 2005 (UK) | David Leppard
As always, Ian, thanks for keeping this going.
Saudis warned UK of London attacks
Martin Bright, Antony Barnett and Mohammed Alkhereiji
Sunday August 7, 2005
Saudi Arabia officially warned Britain of an imminent terrorist attack on London just
weeks ahead of the 7 July bombings after calls from one of al-Qaeda's most wanted
operatives were traced to an active cell in the United Kingdom.
Senior Saudi security sources have confirmed they are investigating whether calls
from Kareem al-Majati, last year named as one of al-Qaeda's chiefs in the Gulf
kingdom, were made directly to the British ringleader of the 7 July bomb plotters.
One senior Saudi security official told The Observer that calls to Britain intercepted
from a mobile phone belonging to Majati earlier this year revealed that an active terror
group was at work in the UK and planning an attack.
He also said that calls from Majati's lieutenant and al-Qaeda's logistics expert, Younes
al-Hayari, who was killed in a separate shoot-out just four days before the 7 July
bombings, have also been traced to Britain.
The Saudi official said: 'It was clear to us that there was a terror group planning an
attack in the UK. We passed all this information on to both MI5 and MI6 at the time.
We are now investigating whether these calls were directly to the London bombers. It
is our conclusion that either these were linked or that a completely different terror
network is still at large in Britain.'
Majati, a Moroccan based in Saudi Arabia, was killed in a shoot-out with Saudi police
in April. He is believed to have masterminded the May 2003 attacks on Casablanca
and has also been named in connection with the March 2004 Madrid bombings.
Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the UK, Prince Turki al-Faisal, last night issued a
statement confirming that discussions had taken place between British and Saudi
officials earlier this year.
A statement from his office said: 'There was certainly close liaison between the Saudi
Arabian intelligence authorities and the British intelligence authorities some months
ago when information was passed to Britain about a heightened terrorist threat to
It is not believed that any specific information was given, but that details were passed
on of calls, emails and text messages between an al-Qaeda cell operating in Saudi
Arabia and a group in the UK.
Italian investigators into the failed bomb attack in London on 21 July revealed last
week that they had traced a call from Hussain Osman, a suspect being held in Rome,
to Saudi Arabia. It is believed these calls were to a female member of Osman's family
but the significance of this is now being played down.
The statements from the Saudi regime are likely to shift the focus of the investigation
into the London bombings from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Osama bin
If it emerges that a top international Islamic terrorist was in direct contact with
30-year-old Mohammed Siddiqui Khan, the leader of the Leeds cell which killed 56
people, it will also suggest that the bombings were more closely connected to the
international terror organisation than previously thought.
However, if information passed to Britain from Saudi Arabia turns out to lead directly
to the ringleader of the Leeds suicide bombers, then the British security services will
have to explain why they failed to act.
British security sources last night categorically denied they received any warnings of a
specific attack on London that could have averted the July tragedy in the capital. The
source said they 'did not recognise' the details of the Saudi claims.
Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2005
Thanks Ian! Typing impaired...we've thunderstorms and I've a frightened rat clinging to me! LOL
Thanks granny, but this is easy.
I keep keywords in a list and that is my secret.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.