Skip to comments.Sure Signs Backfired on Kerry, Dems
Posted on 11/05/2004 7:52:40 AM PST by kattracks
All the sure signs for a Kerry victory were there. The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl. The Boston Red Sox exorcised the Curse of the Bambino. The Washington Redskins longtime predictors of presidential races lost last Sunday, which has meant a loss for the incumbent since 1936. And to add to that trifecta, the stock market was skittish, surely a sign of an incumbents defeat at the polls.
The bin Laden tape backfired, telling the American electorate that the arch-terrorist was rooting for a Kerry victory.
- The dozens of anti-Bush books that were cranked out for the past three years are now gathering dust.
- The Bush lied mantra will go down in history as the catchphrase that failed.
- The Democratic National Committee and its rabble-rousing chieftain, Terry McAuliffe, are now officially retro.
- The headline-grabbing efforts of Joseph Wilson, Richard Clarke and all the other anti-Bush writers failed miserably.
- The pollsters are finished, with Zogby dead last.
- The mainstream media are finished.
As if we needed any more proof of their bias, the nonpartisan Project for Excellence in Journalism has now documented that during a two-week period, 59 percent of the stories about Bush (on CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS's "News Hour," CNN and Fox News) and in The Washington Post and the New York Times were negative, compared to only 25 negative stories about John Kerry.
In the print media, 68 percent of the stories were negative on Bush, but only 26 percent were negative on Kerry.
This only proves that the so-called intelligentsia on both the East and Left coasts arent so smart after all and that liberal anchors and pundits should now be looking to Al-Jazeera for work.
- Dan Rather forgeries and all has been thoroughly discredited.
- 60 Minutes and 60 Minutes II and their most biased reporters special mention to Lesley Stahl here have sacrificed all credibility.
- The Hollywood hucksters have gooey egg on their botoxed faces.
- The rap stars are singing a different tune (or whatever their followers define as a tune).
- The trial lawyers lost their case.
- The Boss Bruce Springsteen flopped miserably.
- The European press is even deader than it was before its arrogant nose- prying into our election.
- The stem-cell research crowd has proven that bogus claims dont fly with the American electorate.
- The Abu Ghraib scandal was recognized by most Americans with a sense of historical perspective as an aberration and not in any way a commentary on the decency and sacrifice of our heroic fighting forces.
- The brouhaha over the presidents Air National Guard service fell flat but will soon be replaced by legitimate questions about Kerrys less than honorable discharge from the Navy.
- The American electorate was not convinced that a relationship with fair-weather friends like Germany and France both of which we know now were deeply involved, philosophically and financially, in the U.N.-Iraq Oil-for-Food scandal was a prerequisite for a sound foreign policy.
- George Soros has proven that America-hating, socialist-loving moneybags cannot buy an American election.
- The 9/11 Commissions efforts to place culpability for September 11, 2001, on the president went nowhere, as Americans recognized GWBs stellar leadership in the War on Terror.
- Michael Moore has proven that anti-American propaganda films have no influence among critical-thinking Americans.
- The attacks on Bush by the secretary-general of the corrupt U.N., Kofi Annan, and the last-minute efforts by the director of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, to swing the election to Kerry by claiming that American fighting forces lost 1/1000th of the explosives at Al-Qaqaa information at least 18 months old was promptly contradicted by more credible experts than those at the New York Times, which gave the story front-page coverage.
- The pre-election bombings in Madrid and subsequent election of a socialist president and his withdrawal of troops from Iraq had no influence on our election, in spite of the socialist on the American ticket and his left-wing backers.
- The American-Arab community has set itself back by voting against the incumbent in huge numbers one estimate was by 93 percent.
As Rabbi Schmuley Boteach has written: George Bush has liberated more Arabs and Muslims than any other man in human history. In Saddam he also removed from power the man who murdered more Arabs than any other, a figure numbering, according to The New York Times, at least 800,000 Arabs (not to mention 300,000 Kurds). After 9/11 Bush also defended the Islamic faith eloquently as a religion of peace, even while many Americans were feeling implacable hostility. With all this Arab-Americans still see Bush as their enemy, which makes you wonder whether the Arabs really know who their friends are.
- The American-Jewish communitys votes, at this point, are unknown. But I suspect that Jews came out in record numbers for Bush because they were convinced that never again would they be lead by a demagogue.
They recognized that the Clinton-intoxicated Kerry would not have cut off the terrorist thug Arafat as Bush did, not have supported Israels right to defend itself against ongoing terrorism with the fence, not have challenged the corrupt, anti-Semitic United Nations, and not have pressured Israel to cede both land and security to a global test.
- The late-in-the-campaign release of the Duelfer Report which repeated ad nauseam Kerrys claim of no WMD didnt fool the voting public into either (1) believing it or (2) doubting the presidents rationale for going to war against the terrorist regime of Saddam Hussein.
- The voters of America didnt buy the preposterous accusations that the president was responsible for the shortage of flu vaccines, would restore the draft, or would dismantle the Social Security system (clearly, they liked his innovative ideas to reform and improve it!).
- The American electorate, in record numbers, watched the debates and, in their votes, decided that they preferred an honest and decisive leader to a slick, golden-tongued waffler whose poor mother, on her deathbed, felt that she had to summon up advice to a son who had clearly never learned the value of integrity, integrity, integrity.
- The voters, who turned out in record number, said in no uncertain terms that they didnt want the fate of their country in the hands of a do-nothing senator with an ignominious post-Vietnam War record or his weird choice for vice president, John Edwards, an even more do-nothing senator, with the dubious distinction of having helped raise medical costs by exacting indefensibly exorbitant malpractice awards for his clients.
- And then theres the Lefts unending mantra about the evils of Halliburton, yet another canard that voters didnt buy, given that glib socialists like Kerry and Edwards utterly failed to reach the majority of Americans, who fervently believe in capitalism and free markets.
In times of war, the American public has always been wise in its choice of leaders, except for Vietnam, when a weak wartime president gave weak military leaders weak orders and so lost a war we should have won, no thanks to John Kerry, who betrayed his fellow soldiers and his country, as he did again during his one-and-only presidential campaign.
Americans sensed the truth about his weak and hollow man. They took heed of his 20-year Senate record of voting consistently against Americas defense and military and intelligence budgets. They detected the bias in the mainstream media that, in spite of their best and most dishonest efforts, could not camouflage their candidates fatal character flaws or the stinking whiff of a traitor.
And they ultimately voted for a man President George W. Bush by the largest popular vote in American history. A man who embodies the best of Americas values: belief in God, allegiance to country, devotion to family and most important at this crucial time in our history the vision to fight the very real war we are in, the war against terrorism that has already taken not only the 3,000 lives that were lost on September 11, 2001, but also the precious lives that were lost to the ravages of al-Qaida during the 1990s, when a narcissistic, ineffectual egomaniac was at our countrys helm.
Congratulations, America! You have done us proud! And congratulations, President Bush! Your decisive victory insures that Americans know and appreciate a good man and a strong leader when they see him. May God give you strength and health and good fortune in the years that lie ahead.
Joan Swirsky is a New York-based journalist and author who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
" And they ultimately voted for a man ..."
... who knows how to be a husband and a dad ... nuff said.
Quite an impressive list.
University of Oklahoma beat Texas in 2000 when President Bush ran and we have been beating them ever since including this year. We decided here in Oklahoma that our beating Texas was a better barometer then the Redskins! :)
Seriously, I am so glad to see that Redskins have to win to elect a Republican go down -- ESPN kept declaring Kerry the winner so much I kept turning the sound down on Sunday and Monday night football. Chris Berman can to quote the lady from MA -- "Stuff it!"
It is a miracle that President Bush was able to survive the onslaught of the lies from the media and their attacks but conservatives and religious people showed that character and morality do count.
Very proud of my fellow Americans and see through all the lies and spin.
I think Kerry and his supporters in the media may have scared some of his own elderly voters away from the polls this year.
They may have stayed home, out of fear they would get the flu, as he implied they would this year.
I have heard rumors that the Swifties are not through with jane fonda's soul mate.
>>All the sure signs for a Kerry victory were there. The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl. The Boston Red Sox exorcised the Curse of the Bambino.<<
Might I add that the New England Revolution also knocked the Columbus Crew out of the MLS playoffs yet again. I and my family bargained with God that the Crew's loss would be a small price to pay as long as a Bostonian didn't win the White House. I'm happy to see that God was pleased with my priorities.
But, by this man's logic, 48% of the country *did* buy all of this or at least a significant part of it. That's rather scary if you ask me.
I'm sure the left is truly exasperated at all this. What more could they have possibly done? They lied, smeared, faked, frauded, intimidated, sued, double registered, double voted and STILL lost the election.
I hope they either come to their senses and rejoin the American mainstream or else find another country where they can be happier. I've never understood people who could live in a country they despise so thoroughly when there are so many other alternatives out there. If I didn't like where I lived, I'd spend my last dime if necessary to leave.
I have heard rumors that the Swifties are not through with jane fonda's soul mate.
Our only hope is Fox News. Sadly, Fox doesn't appear to be ready to take on the MSM. They are choosing to follow, not lead.
Where's Terry McAuliffe? Perhaps hiding is a spider hole somewhere?
I think the "Curse of the Bambino" has been replaced by the "Curse of the Bubba". Clintoon has put the curse of death on every candidate he has campaigned for! Hillary better put him under wraps before she begins her march!
This is the best piece I've seen so far in summing up what us 59 million Americans believe in.
...all you need to do is look at how much time all of the mainstream news people are spending talking about all of the Americans who are "disappointed", "hurt", "confused", or "angry" about Bush winning. Do you ever remember them giving a moment's thought to how disappointed Republicans were in 1992 or 1996 when their guy lost? Of course not. Because the anchors are blinded by their bias.
It is a fact that, for the last 86 years, whenever the Red Sox win a World Series, the Republicans win the next presidential election. You can look it up. I'm really surprised they all missed that one.
ALL THE LIARS CREATED A BLOW BACK AGAINST THEM. THE OUTCOME WAS THE RE-ELECTION OF PRESIDENT BUSH!!!
Great peace to supplement my ammunition to take with me during this upcoming Holiday season:). My in-laws are from Liverpool, NY (another Kerry hotbed, or should I say wetbed now), with some relatives that sport that condescending intelligentsia look - double-latte fisting, breck-haired (including some of the men), yellow-'Hollywood'-lens sunglasses, etc.
Any Freepers....err Men from Liverpool, NY?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.