Skip to comments.American Idol 2008--Live Thread
Posted on 01/14/2008 5:52:03 AM PST by silent_jonny
Oh... here’s the link to the thread - one final time...
This better work...
To what, the Swinging Blue Jeans?
This isn’t my thread, yorkie started it - but we can use it anyway...
I also had serious issues with Simon calling everyone predictable except his little David A. -- if David Cook, Amanda, & Brooke are predictable for thier song choices then David A is definately predictable for his "meaningful Ballad of the week".
Anyway enough ranting, here are my rankings:
1. David Cook - Day Tripper - Absolute awesome. One of the best performances of the year for me. I also loved David actually recognizing the band whose arrangement he used.
2. David A - The Long and Winding Road - OK let's get real here, yea I ranted he is preditable just like Simon lambasted the others for being, but while he is predictable he is also the best voice in the competition. I like David C's style and performances better, but this kid has the goods to be a star for a long long time.
3. Syesha - Yesterday - Her best of the year, and that is saying a lot. I also loved the new hair - she was stunning tonight. She has the best pure voice of all the females, and tonight she got away from the "diva" songs that may be her downfall and showed us all the true depth and breadth of her vocal ability.
4. Chikezie - I've just seen a Face - OK I loved this, I thought the Harmonica was "EH", but I loved the bluegrass touch to the second half of the song, and thought he song his arse off the first half.
5. Michael - A Day in the Life - Simon, go suck an egg!! This was a vocal tour de force. Yes, a minute and a half does not do this song justce, but dayum what a minute and a half it was.
6, Jason - Michelle - Another solid vocal performance from Jason. I like Jason, I think he has a beautiful voice, but again he is just middle of the road, because while his voice is nice and melodic I am still waiting for the "kick" that I don't think is there.
7. Ramiele - I Shoulda Known Better - Not her best, but this was good. I liked it, but it was kinda safe, and just OK.
8. Brooke - Here Comes the Sun - I truly believe Brooke is a dark horse to win this thing, but tonight was just a nice safe Brooke performance. She did fine with an OK song, but she really needs to break out and WOW us soon.
9. Kristy - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - I thought Kristy sounded very good tonight, but the song and the performance didn't really do anything for me. Kristy has talent, but right now she is just nice sounding wallpaper.
10. Carly - Blackbird - This was a total mess for me. Carly has grown on me, but this was just plain boring. And she had the mad psycho killer bunny stare going again while trying to sing "Sensitive". Did not Work for me.
11. Amanda - Back in the USSR - OK I said she should sing this last week, and she gave just the performance I thought she would, and she brought all her ability to the performance. but let's be honest, we could see or hear the same or better in any smoky Rock n Roll bar anywhere in America.
Did that really happen?
I agree, especially when he laid into that caller named Billy. "You're fifty-eight and you're whining about something that happened when you were sixteen? Get over it!"
That's a great commercial. I'm not into Guitar Hero at all, but watching that makes me want to try it :)
It's certainly looking that way. The song tonight didn't help at all either. He should have picked a shorter song instead of trying to condense that one into 90 seconds.
I agree it was unnecessary.
That would have been a perfect opportunity to show off some straight-forward guitar playing skills. But he had to go for the gimmick.
Was that Joe Isuzu as one of the Krisnas?
Yes. But the outright hate spewed from Rev. Wright goes unmentioned. "I profoundly disagree with some of the things he said ..."
BS. If that were true, Hussein, you and your family wouldn't be neck deep in his "church".
I really like her too.
All for political gain.
Guitar Hero is a blast to play - got GH3 for my son as a Christmas gift.
I got hooked quicker than he did...
Congratulations, netizen! What a thrill!
Maybe you can be up on stage with Archuleta when he sings that as the Obama Campaogn Song at the Dem Convention!
(jonny—that was really funny!!)
David Cook is pining for Frampton Week...
Exactly. Wright's church AND that horrifying "black theology." Fawn (and everyone), if you haven't heard about this "black theology" that Wright preaches, go this FR thread, to Post #40. It will chill you to the bone.
It was strange tonight. Many of them were off-key;then there was the harmonica; the voice box; the sassing by the contestants to the judges. Really weird stuff going on.
My ears hurt. Maybe it was all those screaming girls sitting up front.
My bottom three:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.