Skip to comments.When Invaders Kick Down Your Door Remember: A Speeding Bullet IS Faster Than 911
Posted on 05/10/2013 8:37:36 AM PDT by NOBO2012
Another one to plunk into the irony that is Obama file. The administration that has given us new standards for Nanny Statism with respect to providing unemployment safety nets, food stamp assistance, disability payments and condoms
has inexplicably adopted a position of complete independence when it comes to other forms of self protection. It looks like were pretty much on our own now.
Whether youre a U.S. Ambassador to Libya, or one of his attachés, under siege in a foreign consulate:
PANETTA: Without adequate warning, there was not enough time given the speed of the attack for armed military assets to respond.
PANETTA: (The) basic principle is that you dont deploy forces into harms way without knowing whats going on; without having some real-time information about whats taking place.
DEGETTE: Youd probably be dead anyway.
And all that Elijah Cummings, Ranking Member, House Oversight Committee, can offer is a lame philosophical cliché:
CUMMINGS: death is a part of life
So it was only a matter of time before this attitude filtered down from K Street to Main Street. Now police departments across the country have adopted the new Washington youre on your own attitude when faced with the dilemma of dispatching increasingly scarce resources to problem areas:
CITIZEN: Hello!? Somebody just kicked down my door, theyre in the house; theyve got guns!
911 OPERATOR: Im sorry, given the speed of the attack we wont be able to get there in time.
CITIZEN: What are you talking about!! Someones broken into my house! I need help!
911 OPERATOR: Im sorry ma'am, were not allowed to deploy forces into harms way without knowing exactly whats going on in real time.
Glock and load: Dont be alone when youre left on your own
So you might just want to remember this new policy, coming soon to a police department near you, the next time Congress takes up another new Gun Violence Control bill.
...Read The Rest Here>>>
No more than 7 rds though. That might be viewed as “overkill”.
From my point of view, the optimal defense against home invasion has several possibilities that should be considered.
1) Keep a long, hopefully serrated knife next to your gun. Take them both. Things can go wrong with guns, but knives are always functional. Especially if they rush you after being shot.
2) If you have a cellphone with a live camera, and it might be the police raiding your home, dial 911, and when they answer, yell “home invasion” and your address, then put your phone on a shelf, higher than head height or lower than belt level, set to video record and send.
3) Take a prone position with most of you behind cover or at least concealment, aiming up at the most likely entry point of the invader(s). They will be looking and aiming at chest height, giving you a big advantage for head shots, which are preferable to center of mass because anti-bullet vests are very common.
4) Always, always, always identify your target. It is worth it to spend a fraction of a second to insure they are not a “friendly”.
5) Just because they yell “Police!” does not mean they are police. It is still better to go to prison for killing a home invasion LEO than to be killed by a fake or real one.
The first thing they have to deal with is my German Shepherds.The dogs have no sense of humor.
Same bullet image found here on 6/17/2012:
Yet you have watermarked it and claimed it as your own?
You really suck. And you’re dishonest.
when seconds count, the police are minutes away.
Gen 2 Glock with a Hogue?...I’ve got the same setup. Unless that’s a 23, in which case some people like to argue isn’t a Gen 2..but Gen-1-.40.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.