Posted on 11/21/2008 5:30:10 PM PST by WestCoastGal
It is a good day to be at work!
Problem is, it will be shown again and again for days....
You won’t believe that when I walked in to work this morning there were people watching the inauguration with the sound blaring. Before I could stop myself I said you’re watching THAT? They were like zombies who drank the kool aid. LOL In about 5 minutes they got up and left. Ha!
I am becoming more and more positive that only a few of us are immune to this disease that has stricken the country. Two girlfriends that I have made friends with here are obamanoids. [one admitted it, the other has been hiding it] :( I keep telling them to open their minds and learn about him, but people are too lazy to do so. They just believe the crap that is spewed by the MSM as gospel. Sad sad sad day!!
More sad news today..........
No 8 out at Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing
January 20, 10:53 AM
by Greg Engle, NASCAR Examiner
It looks as if the No. 8 Chevy at Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing will not run any races in 2009.
Monday the team laid off another 40 employees bringing the total number of employees cut from the newly merged organization to nearly 170.
The team had been hopeful that they would find a primary sponsor for car and driver Aric Almirola but with less then a month before the start of the 2009 season no sponsor has been found.
Barring any last minute sponsor salvation, the team will compete with two cars, the No. 1 and No. 41.
Dale Earnhardt Junior made the No. 8 Chevy famous before he departed the team in 2007 for Hendrick Motorsports. The car was campaigned by Almirola and Mark Martin last year. Martin has joined Hendrick Motorsports and will be behind the wheel of the No. 5 Chevy this year.
Hope he’s better now.
Well obviously it wasn’t on in my office. ;)
Bobby Labonte says the whole story about his decision to drive for Hall of Fame Racing and not Earnhardt Ganassi Racing in 2009 is not something he’s ready to tell.
“I think it’s a made-for-sitcom TV show, horror movie and drama all in one,” Labonte said Tuesday on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Lowe’s Motor Speedway. “It was kind of wild.”
Reports had Labonte heading for the No. 8 Chevrolets, but he wound up in the No. 96 Fords for Hall of Fame as part of that team’s affiliation with Yates Racing.
Labonte said Earnhardt Ganassi Racing “just didnt have a lot of the things in order to make it work for the whole season.”
“There were a lot of ‘ifs’ in there,” Labonte said.
Labonte said that once reports emerged about his potential deal for the No. 8, he didn’t shoot them down because things weren’t settled.
“Everybody was not 100 percent wrong. It just wasn’t 100 percent right,” he said.
“I mean, I figured if I stopped and said, ‘Stop talking or writing,’ that it would be worse than not having it out there anyway. I did learn those lessons from being in the sport this long, that if nobody is talking about you, you’re nothing.
“You know the talk might not have been 100 percent accurate, but at least there was talk. Some press is better than no press.”
I sure hope your friend gets better, not good to get pneumonia after that type of surgery.
Mine got shut off the minute they left.
Oh, and History Channel has a nice show on about Airforce One
I don’t remember where the peanut butter thread was - but there’s more recalls on Twitter from WFM.
wholefoods More PB recalls: Health Valley Organic Peanut Crunch Chewy Granola Bars & Natures Path Optimum Energy Bars Peanut Butter flavor bars about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck
I guess we can take a spoonful of peanut butter out to the squirrels and let them see if what we already have is good.
I am constantly reminded of Jim Jones and his 900 fellow Kool Aid drinkers as a pilot for the series now playing on a screen near you...
I wonder how many conservatives are relishing some fine aged whiskey about now...
I passed that one on.
Now from Ocean’s Eleven....You;re in or you’re out [8]
CONCORD, N.C. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing will field full-time Sprint Cup teams for Juan Pablo Montoya, Martin Truex Jr. and Aric Almirola, team president Steve Lauletta said Tuesday.
Montoya will have sponsorship from Target on the No. 42 and Truex will have most races sponsored by Bass Pro Shops in the No.1, Lauletta said. Sponsorship for Almirola in the No. 8 will be announced at a later date. The team also plans a fourth car, with driver and sponsor to be announced, for at least the Daytona 500 and possibly for additional races.
The team originally had hoped to run four full-time cars this year following the merger of Dale Earnhardt Inc. and Chip Ganassi Racing....
Were still facing a very difficult sponsorship environment and a very difficult economic environment, Lauletta said. And so the decision-making takes longer. We took on this partnership and had about a years worth of work to do in two months and its taken us until today to get to the point of where were ready to say, This is what were doing.
The reason it has taken us until today is because its a lot of hard decisions and its a lot of work and a lot of moving parts.
Lauletta stressed that Almriola, whose status seemed questionable without sponsorship, will run the full season and never was in danger of losing his ride. He said Almirola’s sponsorship would come from multiple sponsors.....
Absolutely!
Can you bring some whiskey?
Conservatives blacks don’t count, don’t ya know?
I think you nailed it with the Jim Jones reference.
No...
I was just testing ya... but you knew that.
We have plenty. Come on over. Bring Nork and Grammie with ya.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.