Since Sep 14, 2004
|Your Political Profile:|
Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Ethics: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Theodore Dalrymple, in a recent interview:
"Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to."
Free Republic is the promised land.
Living within the confines of the very liberal NY Metropolitan Area creates a void in intellect and a need for thick skin to deal with all the barbs and opinions sent my way. We do have a small underground of like-minded federal workers and we are willing to work from within...
BTW: the name refers to my previous residence, Brooklyn, NY, 31 years there until the rents got too high, along with other problems....
A special link for any left of Center Troll seeking to find out more about me: press here
img height=547 src= so I can remember it
I was formerly registered here as PaulNYC, in November 2000 after the last election; after a computer crash, lost passwords and general malaise I re-registered, thinking my old account was gone,,,it's not, but I prefer my new "name"
I'm happy to report that my oldest son (Seton Hall University, Class of 2008) cast his first ballot for W! It's always nice to start with a winner.
My first vote was for Nixon in 1972, almost like deja vu...my son also posts here as Kerry+Edwards=Terrorist.
Good eggs (TROP Ping list): fastattacksailor; swordfish71; Broadsword; nesher; Fred Nerks; jan in colorado; Ariamne; appalachian_dweller; USF; Dark Skies; AmericanArchConservative; Hill of Tara; Iconoclast; TapTheSource; Bennett46; Straight Vermonter; cavanman; WorkingClassFilth; Star Traveler; yer gonna put yer eye out; Kerry+Edwards=Terrorist;
PROP pinglist, thanks AAC: Ariamne; AmericanArchConservative; Fred Nerks; USF; jan in Colorado; TexasCowboy; Broadsword; FairfaxVA; wtc911; Victoria Delsoul; sheik yerbouty; cherry; Dark Skies; Boazo; moonpie57; backhoe; killthedonkey; Alouette; free_european; Rodguy911; Hudobna; sarah_f; Selkie; Alamo-girl; Wormwood; Trident/Delta; Dusty Moment; hosepipe; swordfish71; CaptainAwesome2; hineybona; ken21; ThermoNuclearWarrior; TheBrotherhood; Lady Heron; Pharmamom; Alberta's Child; jriemer; hispanarepublicana; Convert from ECUSA; Travis McGee; advance_copy; jpl; Old Sarge; QQQQQ; Fiddlstix; cardinal4; DarthVader; jolie560; Charlespg; appalachian_dweller; salve regina; momfirst; NRA2BFree; Boiler Plate; pbrown; FierceDraka; Doc Savage; Diogenesis; CGVet58; F15Eagle; Frank_Discussion; kromike; IAF Thunderpilot; Peyton randolph; wagglebee; sourcery; Dr.Zoidberg; DaGman; joesnuffy; expatguy; kpp_kpp; Cornpone; dagoofyfoot; quantim; Leatherneck_MT; velocityguy; PROSOUTH; LasVegasMac; SheLion; Stopislamnow; Gator113; river rat; MrBambaLaMamba; Tempestuous; RIghtWingAvenger; Bombardier; Ruy Dias de Bivar; Gritty; BobS; HamiltonJay; ArmedNReady; de Buillion; Charlite; SauronOfMordor; Marauder; Irish_Thatcherite; EdReform; JanCBurton; caver; Recovering Ex-hippie; Piquaboy; BayouCoyote; Marysecretary; Dustbunny; Americanexpat; deadeyedawg; jocon307; Mr. K; WV Mountain Mama; monday; tractorman; DoctorMichael; HarleyLady27; truthkeeper; Monterrosa-24; An Old Marine; Sunshine Sister; texasbluebell; RoseofTexas; Mr. Keys; aculeus; wingnutx; rottndog; SlowBoat407; reagan fanatic; Texas Eagle; mommadooo3; Random Nonsense; Lijahsbubbe; Congressman Billybob; Longbow1969; Txsleuth; null and void; Montag813; Tunehead54; Nathan Zachary; Czar; Imperialist; RandallFlagg; pabianice; lsee; bobono; Mr. Mojo; Vigilanteman; hubbubhubbub; SouthernFreebird; sgtbono2002; mmercier; AliVeritas; rang1995; Sterco; gakrak; TAquinas; Agincourt1415; Salem; Publius6961; ClearBlueSky; Tessalu; NickatNite2003; Kurt_D; justanobody; g3; Isabelle; JediForce; Shazbot29; Archon of the East; Originalist; leapfrog; pcottraux; lady lawyer; libstripper; bkepley; AlaninSA; rosemont; sageb1; itzlzha; G.mason; MadeinAmerica; Emmett McCarthy; dennisw; MattinNJ; katya8; Beckwith; angkor; ROLF of the HILL COUNTRY; TomSmedley; onedoug; highlander_UW; devolve; ZULU; Gritty; 7thson; His Supreme Majesty; reformedliberal; sit-rep; ValenB4; familyop; Aussie Dasher; pageonetoo; Gorzaloon; EBH; Jimmy Valentine; bronxboy; Brian Allen; MediaAnalyst; TNdandelion; the email@example.com; guitfiddlist; alkhin; GBoettner; Galveston Grl; Senator Goldwater; Gator101; aft_lizard; ncountylee; JmyBryan; mtbopfuyn; JimRed; Gaffer; calex59; Auntie Dem; Mordacious; Fruitbat; Max in Utah; DBeers; Valpal1; krb; grey_whiskers; eurotwit; wildandcrazyrussian; DieHardtheHunter
And the man behind the DUmmies (and maybe some FR posters!):
Here are some quotes I've found that I like:
1. CONSERVATIVE, n. A statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from a Liberal who wishes to replace them with others.Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914) US journalist, short-story writer The Devil's Dictionary, 1911.
2. Ultraliberalism today translates into a whimpering isolationism in foreign policy, a mulish obstructionism in domestic policy, and a pusillanimous pussyfooting on the critical issue of law and order. Spiro T. Agnew (1918 - 1996) US politician In The Ultimate Success Quotations Library, 1997
3.I can remember way back when a liberal was one who was generous with his own money. Will Rogers (1879 - 1935) US actor, lecturer, humorist
4. Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain.Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) English statesman, author
5.A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight starts. Heywood C. Broun (1888 - 1939) US journalist, author In "The Algonquin Wits," by Robert E. Drennan, 1968.
6.False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. - Plato
And here's a bunch of GREAT quotes from Sir Alfred Hitchcock
7. There is no terror in a bang, only in the anticipation of it.
8. There is nothing quite so good as burial at sea. It is simple, tidy, and not very incriminating.
9. The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them.
10. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the manmade sound never equalled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig.
11. I have prepared one of my own [time capsule]. I have placed some rather large samples of dynamite, gunpowder, and nitroglycerin. My time capsule is set to go off in the year 3000. It will show them what we are really like.
12. I have a perfect cure for a sore throat: cut it.
13. Give them pleasure the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
14. Conversation is the enemy of good wine and food.
More Insight courtesy of The Federalist Patriot
15. "We cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect our republic permanently to endure. Honesty is not so much a credit as an absolute prerequisite to efficient service to the public. Unless a man is honest, we have no right to keep him in public life; it matters not how brilliant his capacity." --Theodore Roosevelt
16. "The high-minded man must care more for the truth than for what people think." --Aristotle
17. "There can be no public or private virtue unless the foundation of action is the practice of truth." --George Jacob Holyoake
18. "The inherent right in the people to reform their government, I do not deny; and they have another right, and that is to resist unconstitutional laws without overturning the government." --Daniel Webster
19. "The [Income Tax Act of 1894] which we are impugning before you is communistic in its purposes and tendencies, and is defended here upon principles as communistic, socialistic -- what shall I call them -- populistic as ever have been addressed to any political assembly in the world." --Joseph Choate
20. "It's easy to be a humorist when you've got the whole government working for you." --Will Rogers
20. "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein
21. "The most perfect political community is one in which the middle class is in control, and outnumbers both of the other classes." --Aristotle
22. "Real politics are the possession and distribution of power." --Benjamin Disraeli
23. "I wish that all Americans would realize that American politics is world politics." --Theodore Roosevelt
24. "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." --Gideon Tucker
25. "Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president." --Johnny Carson
|You Are a Smart American|
Congratulations on bucking stereotypes. Now go show some foreigners how smart Americans can be.
Now at this last we must take a hard road, a road unforseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be. To walk into peril to Mordor.
Elrond is a character in the Middle-Earth universe. TheOneRing.net has a short biography.