Free Republic 4th Quarter Fundraising Target: $88,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $77,001
87%  
Woo hoo!!! And now less than $11k to go!! Less than $2.2k to the yellow!! Go, FReepers, GO!! We can do this.

Keyword: polanksi

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Roman Polanski Sues Film Academy to Be Reinstated

    04/19/2019 1:10:02 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 15 replies
    Variety ^ | April 19, 2019 | MATT DONNELLY and BRENT LANG
    Film director Roman Polanski is suing the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, demanding reinstatement to the storied organization after he was expelled last May. The suit, filed in the state of California, says AMPAS did not follow proper protocol in dismissing him nearly a year ago. The Academy did so “in accordance with the organization’s Standards of Conduct,” they said at the time, adding their leadership expected members to “uphold the Academy’s values of respect for human dignity.” Polanski’s suit says the Academy’s expulsion decision “is not supported by findings, and the Academy’s findings are not supported by...
  • Let’s Free Other Child Rapists While We’re At It. (Hollywood's selective support)

    10/06/2009 1:29:09 PM PDT · by ransomnote · 8 replies · 390+ views
    BigHollywood.Breitbart.com ^ | Oct 6, 2009 | Joseph Lindsey
    On January 31st 2009 the past finally came back to haunt Bruno Vece who has been jailed for 20 years for sexual crimes he committed decades ago. Bruno Vece, of Loram Way, Alphington, had been found guilty of raping an underage girl in the late 1970s. What Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, David Lynch and other Hollywood elites need to know about Bruno Vece is that he has built a new life since he committed these crimes over 20 years ago; he’s a new man with a new family and now it has been destroyed. Bruno Vece needs Hollywood’s help.
  • Judge denies Polanski rape case defense bid (Dir. of "The Pianist" accused of raping 13-year-old)

    01/09/2009 8:01:24 PM PST · by Maelstorm · 11 replies · 800+ views
    http://www.google.com ^ | 1/9/2009 | http://www.google.com
    LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Lawyers for fugitive director Roman Polanski lost a bid to have the Los Angeles Superior Court disqualified from hearings stemming his decades old rape case. Polanski's defense team had filed a motion on Monda seeking the removal of Los Angeles Superior Court judges from hearings involving the Oscar-winning film-maker, who fled to France in 1978 before his case was concluded. However judge Peter Espinoza said in a written decision lawyers had given "no legal grounds for disqualification" and was therefore "ordered stricken." Polanski's lawyers said last month they had new evidence that the film-maker, 75, was...