Free Republic 3rd Quarter Fundraising Target: $88,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $53,362
60%  
Woo hoo!! And now less than $320 to reach 61%!! Thank you all very much!!

Keyword: 911iilibyaattack

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Former Secret Service Agent..Obama AdminHas Shown ‘Sheer Incompetence’-Libya Attack

    09/16/2012 11:41:57 AM PDT · by STARWISE · 17 replies
    The Blaze ^ | 9-16-12 | Jason Howerton
    Complete title, too long to fit in space: Former Secret Service Agent Tells Wilkow Obama Administration Has Shown ‘Sheer Incompetence’ in Handling Libya Attack ### On Friday, TheBlazeTV’s Andrew Wilkow hosted former Secret Service agent and GOP Senate candidate Dan Bongino to discuss the facts surrounding the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya earlier this week. U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three of his staff were killed when an angry mob of Islamists stormed the compound. Bongino said there are only two possible reasons the U.S. was as unprepared for the fiery assault as it was. “Either...
  • US consulate in Benghazi 'did not have enough security' (BBC breaks another story)

    09/15/2012 8:52:28 PM PDT · by barryobi · 30 replies
    bbc ^ | 9/14/2012 | frank gardner
    The US consulate in Benghazi, where the US ambassador to Libya died in an attack on Tuesday, was not given the standard security contract offered to many American diplomatic missions in the Middle East, private military contractors have told the BBC. The consulate's walls were breached in just 15 minutes, guards were outgunned and overwhelmed and four US personnel were killed, including the Ambassador, J Christopher Stevens. US embassies and consulates in areas of the world where they are deemed liable to attack are usually offered a formal security contract called a Worldwide Protective Services Agreement, known in the industry...
  • 6/6/12 Attack at US Consulate in Benghazi by Brigades of the Imprisoned Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman

    09/15/2012 6:47:15 AM PDT · by barryobi · 7 replies
    youtube ^ | 09/15/2012 | yt
    The Brigades of the Imprisoned Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman, which claimed the June 6, 2012, bombing of the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, released a video of what it says is the attack. In a communiqué posted on jihadist forums on June 11, the group reported that its fighters planted an explosive in the wall of the consulate, the blasting of which injured a number of guards. It added that the attack came in response to the drone strike on al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi in North Waziristan, and also in response to American drones flying in Libyan skies.
  • Guard at consulate in Libya says attack was coordinated (only 8 local security guards!!)

    09/15/2012 6:41:39 AM PDT · by barryobi · 10 replies
    mcclatchy ^ | 9/14/2012 | NANCY A. YOUSSEF AND SULIMAN ALI ZWAY Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/13/4257
    A Libyan security guard who said he was outside the U.S. Consulate when it was attacked Tuesday night has provided new evidence that the assault that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a planned attack by armed Islamists and not the result of anger over an online video that mocks Islam and its founder, Muhammad. The guard was interviewed Thursday in the hospital where he is being treated for five shrapnel wounds in one leg and two bullet wounds in the other. He said that the consulate area was quiet -- "there wasn't a single...