Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

My best friend died this morning.
Me ^ | 12/14/01 | Rebelbase

Posted on 12/14/2001 8:01:03 AM PST by Rebelbase

My best friend, Rick, died of a cerebral hemorage early this morning. Talk about shock. I am numb.

Its funny how things happen. We had a party at Rick's last night, about 10-12 of us. Rick was in rare form, doing lip-sinc to the Harry Connick, Jr. Chrismas CD and throwing in Michael Jacksonesqe leg kicks and Elvis hip swings as he "directed" the band behind the singer. He was happy. The joke were flowing....Rick: "You know, Alexander Graham Bell invented the phone, Do you suppose his phone number was 1 ?"

I left at 8:30 to take my kids home, the party continued. At 10:45 my phone rings, a friend tells me Rick is at the hospital. He started complaining of headache and went into his office room by himself. A few minutes later someone went to check on him and he was sprawled on the floor. By the time the paramedics got him to the hospital he was on a respirator. He passed on around 6:30 this morning.

Rick was one person who believed in me when I did not believe in myself. Five years ago I was a broken man after going through a soap opera divorce. I stumbled into a small shopping center church one night, at the end of my rope. The message was good and the people friendly. I was befriended by the jolly keyboard player, rick, and we soon became fast friends. We played practical jokes on people in the church and got paidback bigtime. I weasled my way into a band that Rick had started and soon I was playing there and along side Rick in the Church's praise team. We have played music together for nearly 5 years now.

Rick was my best and most trusted friend who had a heart bigger than ET.

18 hours ago we were having an outstanding time together. Now he is gone. You never know what tommorow brings. I know that Rick is free now. He has been released from everything on this earth that weighed him down, nagged and tormented him.

He has been set free and is now dancing in worship with God and his Angels....That's just like him.. He got there before I did.

I love you Rick, we'll catch up with each other later.

Your Pal,
G.

TOPICS: Announcements; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS: dailyprayer
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-140 next last
He was the finest friend I have ever known.

Freeps, I appreciate the support I have recieved from you guys in the past. Thanks for listening.

G.

1 posted on 12/14/2001 8:01:03 AM PST by Rebelbase
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: riley1992; Cagey; sirgawain
I love you guys.
2 posted on 12/14/2001 8:01:37 AM PST by Rebelbase
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Rebelbase
Sorry for your loss.
3 posted on 12/14/2001 8:03:20 AM PST by OWK
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Peace brother. Hang in there.
4 posted on 12/14/2001 8:03:45 AM PST by Travis McGee

Prayers for Rick, his family, and for you. I am so sorry that you have lost your friend, but I am glad you know it is only for a short while. God bless you.
5 posted on 12/14/2001 8:04:32 AM PST by Miss Marple

I'm so sorry for your loss.
6 posted on 12/14/2001 8:04:32 AM PST by lsucat

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend. What a touching tribute. Prayers for you and his loved ones, and of course, Rick.
7 posted on 12/14/2001 8:04:45 AM PST by Aggie Mama

Good Lord. I am so sorry. How old was he?

Dan

8 posted on 12/14/2001 8:04:57 AM PST by BibChr

May God craddle him in his hands. May the sun be on his shoulder and a cool spring breeze fill his face.
9 posted on 12/14/2001 8:05:17 AM PST by cav68

To: Rebelbase; Victoria Delsoul; Texaggie79; Fiddlstix
Oh man I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. How old was your friend?
10 posted on 12/14/2001 8:05:31 AM PST by Sir Gawain

Sounds like Rick enjoyed every minute of life - be thankful for knowing him - Take comfort in knowing he is with God.
11 posted on 12/14/2001 8:06:47 AM PST by KSCITYBOY

Prays for you - I lost a friend on Thanksgiving to an accidental overdose of Morphine. Just out of the blue. Three years ago another friend died in a car accident, leaving his pregnant wife behind with their first child (a boy). Best thing I can tell you right now is that prayers are being sent and that I am sorry to hear this. We have all experienced loss but that never makes it easier, it only makes us a little more understanding. I feel for you and those who loved him.
12 posted on 12/14/2001 8:06:59 AM PST by chance33_98

Praying for you ..
13 posted on 12/14/2001 8:07:35 AM PST by RnMomof7

Sorry for your loss.
I'm dealing with the loss of my best friend Roger, who passed away last Sunday of a heart attack.
I know what you're going through and you have my deepest sympathies.
14 posted on 12/14/2001 8:08:28 AM PST by SAMWolf

I can only hope and pray that, when I go Home to be with the Lord, that someone will write such a wonderful remembrance of me.

You were blessed to have him as a friend, but he was equally blessed to have you.

15 posted on 12/14/2001 8:08:30 AM PST by RightOnline

OMG, I am so sorry for your loss. My most fervent prayers are going to you, and to Rick's family right now. God bless you ... you're among family here.
16 posted on 12/14/2001 8:08:37 AM PST by bootless

To: sirgawain
He was 33. Inoperable brainstem hemorage.
17 posted on 12/14/2001 8:09:27 AM PST by Rebelbase
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Prayers for your friend and his family. Sound like you were lucky to know him.
18 posted on 12/14/2001 8:09:58 AM PST by Leto

I wish I could think of some words to help. I'll ask God to bring some comfort to you, his other friends, and his family.
19 posted on 12/14/2001 8:10:01 AM PST by zook

My condolences on your loss...and may Rick be in Paradise a week before the Devil learns he's gone missing.
20 posted on 12/14/2001 8:12:03 AM PST by Poohbah

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-140 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson