Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Islamic extremists justify possible use of nuclear weapons
ITAR-TASS | 11/13/01 | Sergei Artemiev

Posted on 11/13/2001 1:27:18 AM PST by kattracks

ISLAMABAD, Nov 13, 2001 (Itar-Tass via COMTEX) -- Extremist Islamic organisations of Pakistan justify a possible use of nuclear or biological weapons by Osama bin Laden for the sake of "defending millions of Moslems." Abdul Rashid Ghazi, one of the leaders of the Pakistani Council for the Defence of Afghanistan, said so in an interview with The Nation newspaper. He added, however, that it remains to be proved that the Al-Qaeda leader has mass destruction weapons at his disposal.

The Council for the Defence of Afghanistan rallies 40 most radical Islamic organisations of Pakistan. It is of the opinion that religion "allows to use force against the civilian population, if it is impossible to distinguish between military and civilians, and if it is impossible to avoid massive loss of life." Ghazi and other theologians of the Council regard as "lawful" a war against the Moslems, who "use anti-Islamic forces as a shield."

The Islamic extremists are going to hold massive anti-government and anti-American demonstrations in Islamabad and Rawalpindi on November 16. They intend to rally about one million people around the slogans, which urge to stop the bombing of Afghanistan. The purpose of the demonstrations will be to make the Pakistani government give up its support for the operations of the international anti-terrorist coalition.

By Sergei Artemiev

(c) 1996-2001 ITAR-TASS. All rights reserved.

TOPICS: Breaking News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041 next last

1 posted on 11/13/2001 1:27:18 AM PST by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

FREEPERS-It's time to Nominate You Know Who for the Ronald Regan Award at CPAC
After you submit your nomination please click on the link above and bump the thread.

Established in 1998 at the 25th annual Conservative Political Action Conference.
The Ronald Reagan Award is intended to honor a conservative activist who best exemplifies
the Reagan spirit of outstanding achievement and selfless contributions to the conservative movement.

Click Here to submit your nomination.

The Ronald Regan Award Jim Robinson won this year
was from the Nation Federation of Republican Alliances.

2 posted on 11/13/2001 1:30:38 AM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kattracks
Extremist Islamic organisations of Pakistan justify a possible use of nuclear or biological weapons by Osama bin Laden for the sake of "defending millions of Moslems."

These people really are nuts. The only possible way to "defend millions of Moslems" with nukes is for the Moslems to have more nukes than we do. Last time I looked, this was not the case. I guess that's why they're called "extremists".

3 posted on 11/13/2001 1:33:32 AM PST by Leroy S. Mort

To: kattracks
November 16. Four days to bring back the heads of obl and wahzhiri? The impossible takes a little longer than the difficult.
4 posted on 11/13/2001 1:36:23 AM PST by patriciaruth

To: Leroy S. Mort
These asswipes said the 9/11 attacks were in self defense, too.
5 posted on 11/13/2001 1:38:29 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: patriciaruth
November 16, huh? A million of em? In one place? <singing> BLU-82 where are you? </singing>
6 posted on 11/13/2001 1:40:42 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

To: Leroy S. Mort
No muslims are not nuts, and don't forget that Islam is peace . ( Don't you believe what W is saying about Islam and muslims?) By the way I am Santa Claus... ^@__*^
8 posted on 11/13/2001 1:52:16 AM PST by KQQL
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: wienerdog.com
don't forget TWA and AA .
9 posted on 11/13/2001 1:53:01 AM PST by KQQL
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: overseer5
I wish people who posted these articles would include hypertext links to the original source.

Geez, that would add . . . ummm . . . maybe 10 to 30 seconds more to the posting time . . . but you don't dare waste any time when you are a maxi poster, eh??? Personally, I consider posts without valid links to be invalid posts !!!

10 posted on 11/13/2001 2:06:49 AM PST by GeekDejure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: GeekDejure
Kattracks, together with JohnHuang2, is possibly the most valuable news source I know of, and that includes the cable news channels. You already read the story -- why do you need to read it again? Are you implying that Kattracks makes this stuff up for Pete's sake?
11 posted on 11/13/2001 2:10:19 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: GeekDejure; kattracks; overseer5
In partial defense of Kattracks, not that Kattracks needs my defense, but keep this in mind:

Last time I checked you had to have a subscription to Itar-Tass to get it. If you tried the link you would have to give personal info and couldn't go directly to it. I'm personally not too keen on giving my info to TASS. If someone wants to go there though, I say, go ahead and put up the link.

I assume it is still subscription only, correct me if I'm wrong. Moscow times and St. Petersburg Times are non-subscription if you're interested.

12 posted on 11/13/2001 2:16:30 AM PST by Ymani Cricket
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

"<singing> BLU-82 where are you? </singing>"

Toody and Muldoon take Afghanistan? :)

Is this how it should sound?

You gonna rewrite the lyrics? You have the title, so you may as well run with it, heheheheheh

13 posted on 11/13/2001 2:34:30 AM PST by Don Joe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Don Joe
Sammy's holed up in a cave
Kabul's screaming for their rights
There's some camel humping Pushtans
Starting way too many fights
There's some burqa wearing babes
No longer wishing to behave
BLU-82 where are you?

okay?

14 posted on 11/13/2001 2:45:19 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Kattracks, together with JohnHuang2, is possibly the most valuable news source I know of, and that includes the cable news channels. You already read the story -- why do you need to read it again? Are you implying that Kattracks makes this stuff up for Pete's sake?

My hat is always tipped to JohnHuang2 and to kattracks for the marvelous posting job they do !!! I was merely trying to explain to overseer5 what might be the reason for the missing Source URL . . . especially since the posting page has an explicit space included thereon for posting the Source URL !!! Hence, if it's missing, the post must be considered invalid according to FReeper posting rules !!!

15 posted on 11/13/2001 2:50:54 AM PST by GeekDejure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Gotcha. Sorry for my tone. I've been up all night and I sometimes get ... snippy.
16 posted on 11/13/2001 2:55:58 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

That's a winner, wiener !!! :-))
17 posted on 11/13/2001 3:02:27 AM PST by GeekDejure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: overseer5
Here's a link, wasn't hard to find.

ITAR-TASS--.Islamic extremists justify possible use of nuclear weapons.

18 posted on 11/13/2001 3:05:18 AM PST by StACase
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

I'm a third shift Solaris administrator. I am an American.
19 posted on 11/13/2001 3:05:24 AM PST by wienerdog.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: StACase
thanks. Last time I tried to get on (a couple years ago) it was subscription only. Bookmarking it again for reference.
20 posted on 11/13/2001 3:17:19 AM PST by Ymani Cricket
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson