Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

U.S. reviewing countries whose citizens not required to obtain U.S. visas
AP ^ | 11-1-01 | GEORGE GEDDA

Posted on 11/02/2001 1:07:24 PM PST by Oldeconomybuyer

Edited on 04/13/2004 2:38:59 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

Concerned about the entry of ineligible immigrants, U.S. officials will set out for Slovenia and Portugal this weekend to begin reviewing a program that allows people from 29 countries to visit the United States without visas, the State Department said Friday.

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...

TOPICS: Government; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
If this is any indication on how fast the US can respond to terrorists, we are in trouble. 5 years to review our VISA program! Whatta mess.
1 posted on 11/02/2001 1:07:24 PM PST by Oldeconomybuyer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Oldeconomybuyer
5 YEARS!!?? I Call this GUARANTEED EMPLOYMENT. IT's the reason the House voted NOT to FEDERALIZE the SECURITY at airports, and the SENATE better go along with it!!!!
2 posted on 11/02/2001 1:13:07 PM PST by goodnesswins
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: goodnesswins

FIVE YEARS!

Has our entire population gone collectively MAD? My goodness. I hear that it will take over ten years to change the culture in the IRS. Now I hear that it will five years to get control and understanding of Countries that permit non-VISA applications. Un Frig gun believe able. Really! DO this. Slam the door shut. And purge our system and ranks. Do this now before another fiasco occurs! And you know that it is just a matter of time.

3 posted on 11/02/2001 1:35:34 PM PST by vannrox
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: vannrox
Rock on Vannrox! susanmdavidson www.ipgrogramforfood.com
4 posted on 11/02/2001 2:40:12 PM PST by susanmdavidson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Oldeconomybuyer
5 years to fix a problem that may have contributed to 9/11. It only took 3 days to pass the Patriot Act that takes the rights of Americans away. What in the world could take 5 years to figure out?
5 posted on 11/02/2001 2:50:23 PM PST by Native American Female Vet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson