Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Sacramento Freepers Scared the "Hell" out of the Peacniks Today
me | 10/27/01 | notaliberal

Posted on 10/27/2001 4:38:20 PM PDT by notaliberal

My arms are so sore from holding up my sign I can barely type this, but here it goes.

We got there about 11:30 and scouted out the place where we thought would be the best corner. There was one peacenik (whoops, sorry, I will refer to them as traitors from this point forward) with her sign folded in half, like she was ashamed of what was on it! After our freep, I am certain she was sorry she came!

Left_Coast_Conservative and I found our corner and started freeping. Left Coast’s sign said GOD BLESS AMERICA and mine said HONK FOR OUR SOLDIERS. Soon after, Tax and Luvya Dubya2000 arrived with a big bunch of trailing balloons with God Bless America printed on them. It was very effective. They were flying across the street so it brought attention to our group! They also brought a CD player with Lee Greenwood’s patriotic music and we sang and freeped. It was so wonderful it almost brought tears to my eyes

Please note: never mess with Luvya. She can out holler any freeper around. We were a small group but we were loud and of course the cacophony of car horns drove the traitors crazy. So much that they came over to our side of the street with there signs. Our Honk for our Soldiers sign created so much attention that they redid one of their signs and it said “Honk for Peace”. People in cars were giving them the “you know what” and of course they deserved it! They tried to ruin our freep by invading our corner but we were loud, patriotic, and we stood our ground. One guy with a UN flag in his hat came over and he stayed for about two minutes. These Sacramento women freepers scared the hell out of him. We whipped out our can of Whoop-Ass on him!!! He was one sorry ass peacenik!!! These traitors are so pathetic!

EricT. brought his three beautiful daughters and they were singing the patriotic songs and waving flags. Nothing better than to have children at a freep. It is a little hard on them though! Budweisest was there freeping and taking pictures, at bay brought a very creative sign especially for the “traitors”. I will let him describe it…he had way too much fun. Comwatch came with his group of patriots.

All the police cars that drove by honked their horn along with firefighters who were going to an emergency. EMTs gave a long beep. I would say 85 percent of the people that drove by honked their horn or gave us the thumbs up!! It was wonderful.

I cannot believe the support we got from the public! It was overwhelming! Other freepers, who are more eloquent than I please share your thoughts with Freepers about our Support America rally. It was beautiful man!!!!!!

Tax will be posting pictures and please, Sacramento freepers, add comments this post. I did not do justice to our freep. Please excuse any typos, bad grammar, or anything else that doesn’t sound coherent. I am tired!

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Announcements; Breaking News
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-219 next last

1 posted on 10/27/2001 4:38:20 PM PDT by notaliberal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: notaliberal
Well done, folks. I hope it makes the news ... although I have my doubts. This type of activism is contagious. A lot of ordinary people are looking for "someone" to take the first step.
2 posted on 10/27/2001 4:41:58 PM PDT by mgc1122
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Thanks for the wonderful job today, and the coherent report too!
3 posted on 10/27/2001 4:43:47 PM PDT by Fred Mertz

It sounded so great, you guys did a marvelous job, and, it sounds like the passing public agreed with you.
4 posted on 10/27/2001 4:45:32 PM PDT by joyce11111

To: mgc1122
There were no news folks out, however, the traitors did get first hand knowledge on how to rally. You can believe they will have their "HONK" signs next week. They are so pathetic! We really sandbagged them. They didn't expect any opposition.
5 posted on 10/27/2001 4:46:50 PM PDT by notaliberal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Great report. You're notaliberal and you are a great FReeper!
6 posted on 10/27/2001 4:47:40 PM PDT by San Jacinto

Sounds like you had a very good day and you wrote an excellent report.
7 posted on 10/27/2001 4:48:20 PM PDT by muggs

Arghh! How could you have a rally and not invite me? I love rallies, for good causes. :-( Many sniffs and tears. Is there anything planned for next weekend?
8 posted on 10/27/2001 4:49:24 PM PDT by exDemMom

AbsoFReepinglutely outFReepingstanding!
9 posted on 10/27/2001 4:50:07 PM PDT by Taxman

Thank you, all- it is appreciated!
10 posted on 10/27/2001 4:50:16 PM PDT by backhoe

You did a great job! It was wonderful to meet new Freepers and renew old friendships today! We had a great time! Notaliberal knows how to wave a mean sign! She was awesome! We made more patriotic noise then the peace-Nics ever could. Their side of the street was strangely quite well our side had honks and thumps up from everyone! The peace-nics finally scurried off like cockroaches to hang their head in shame and probably smoke a little more dope. You should have seen Notaliberal in action. She had more energy then all the Peace-Nicks put together.

FREEPERS ROLL ON!!!!

11 posted on 10/27/2001 4:51:00 PM PDT by LUVYA DUBYA 2000

Bump.
12 posted on 10/27/2001 4:53:11 PM PDT by Rocko

To: exDemMom
Didn't you see my post on California locale? Here is a special invitation just for you!! We have a great group of freepers and you are especially invited to our next freep!

And by the way stay tuned for pictures. I am sure our Sacramento photographers are busy as I type trying to upload pictures. I'm not putting too much pressure on you am I Tax??? Budwesiest is emailing his pictures to Tax.

13 posted on 10/27/2001 4:56:15 PM PDT by notaliberal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

I've already responded on another thread, but I'll say it again: WAY TO GO!!!! This is streetcorner activism, not just the keyboard variety. Everybody does what he can, but this is loud, proud, and draws a crowd!
14 posted on 10/27/2001 4:56:25 PM PDT by IronJack

Good job guys and gals. It's a bad day for the peaceniks, which is the way it ought to be. The news media likes to make it seem like the peaceniks are a healthy chunk of the population. Wrong-o, even in California!
15 posted on 10/27/2001 4:59:53 PM PDT by Hillary 666

HONKING for our Soldiers
Great FReep, thanks for the report
16 posted on 10/27/2001 5:00:15 PM PDT by deadhead

great report, look forward to the pics. Thanks for your work to represent the beliefs of most of us here in the USA!
17 posted on 10/27/2001 5:00:25 PM PDT by Enlightiator

To: LUVYA DUBYA 2000
LOL!!! We were a small group, but man Luyva you've got some lungs!!!!!! They were just standing there with there signs like they were in a fog. We were all energetic and of course we were supporting our troops! That's something to get excited about!!! Our soldiers give us the freedom--we need to joyfully support them. I wish our men in the middle-east could have seen the support the American people gave them today. It would have brought tears to their eyes. I know it would have!
18 posted on 10/27/2001 5:01:24 PM PDT by notaliberal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Beautiful!
You Do US All Proud!
God Bless
C
19 posted on 10/27/2001 5:01:25 PM PDT by Fiddlstix

Geez, my arms are worn out too. I held the large flag as high as I could most of the time we were there. Old glory deserves no less than my best, even when it hurts.

One of the traitors came over to our side and stood up the street from us with his Nixon mask on and some stupid sign saying something about it all being for oil. I was yelling back that it was all about American blood. Another traitor came by and blamed 911 on Rush Limbaugh and right wingers, and claimed to have known one of the victims. Haha-yeah, right. Some people shouldn't be allowed to walk around that stupid. They are a danger to themselves. I really enjoyed watching passers by giving them what for.

You ladies can really make some noise! You kept us going. For people unfamiliar with Sacramento, this is probably the busiest section of road in the whole city on the weekend. Thousands of cars go by every hour. We got honks from so many people that my little one was almost crying from the noise.

Thanks go out to SacPD for the understandably low-key, but noticeable support. I'm sure we might have had some problems without you. There was always a police cruiser in sight, sometimes 3 or 4. It kept some of the traitrous rabble from getting any dumb ideas. I mean even dumber than the ones they already have.

I think even without large numbers, we made a BIG impression on Sacramento today. We'll try to make it back next week.

20 posted on 10/27/2001 5:03:48 PM PDT by EricT.

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-219 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson