Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

FBI Notebook: Psychological Terrorist Torture Methods
your brain

Posted on 10/22/2001 3:49:43 AM PDT by crypt2k

Torture methods must leave behind no evidence of physical bodily injury.

TOPICS: Front Page News; Miscellaneous; Political Humor/Cartoons
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-51 next last
I'll start with:

Forced to watch and listen to "The Way We Were" (Barbara Streisand, Robert Redford) continuously until they crack.

1 posted on 10/22/2001 3:49:43 AM PDT by crypt2k
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: crypt2k
Click here for some thoughts on Why torture is sometimes good
2 posted on 10/22/2001 4:00:14 AM PDT by spycatcher
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Stealing an idea from "Millennium", I suggest 24 hour a day playing of the song "Love is Blue"

Heck, just an hour of it during that episode (WITH commercial breaks) and I was borderline broken as a man...

3 posted on 10/22/2001 4:18:12 AM PDT by Hugh Akston

To: Hugh Akston
Why not run continuous audio tape of the Torah (in their native language), and show simulated video of The Dome of the Rock exploding? As well as a mushroom cloud over Mecca? (Are you Ayn's Hugh?)
4 posted on 10/22/2001 4:31:55 AM PDT by widowithfoursons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Secure the client to a table, face up.

Drape a large, folded cloth with a fairly coarse, open weave over his face and do the following...

1) Ask a question.

2) If the answer isn't satisfactory, pour a little ice cold water onto the cloth, using the tip of his nose as your aiming point.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 until satisfactory answers are forthcoming.

5 posted on 10/22/2001 4:34:28 AM PDT by DWSUWF

To: widowithfoursons
Named after the character, yes, but only as a nod to some of his traits, not all of them.
6 posted on 10/22/2001 4:36:49 AM PDT by Hugh Akston
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Method sure to crack any man: Send them shopping with my wife.
7 posted on 10/22/2001 5:18:24 AM PDT by jrhepfer

I assume they're being held in a place where their access to news is a bit limited. So occaisionally let them see some carefully made phony news items that make it appear that the CIA has arranged for a little "accident" to befall friends and relatives of theirs back home.

"You've already lost youor mother, father, and two brothers. You'd better tell us what you know while your sister is still alive. We've got something really nasty lined up for her."

8 posted on 10/22/2001 5:19:28 AM PDT by N00dleN0gg1n

In the early 60s I was stationed in Korea and worked in close proximity to the Korean CIA types. Very often they would capture what they thought was a North Korean infiltrator.

As there was a necessity to find out quickly if the prisoner was a "Linecrosser" just in case sabotage was part of the mission (see Israli "ticking bomb" principle) they would often use "field expedient" interrogation methods.

The whole idea was to get the information and leave the prisoner alive and unscarred for trial should one prove to be politically expedient.

The prisoner was placed on his knees with hands bound to ankles. The head was pulled back and soapy water was poured in the nose and mouth.

Simple and cheap procedure leaves no marks. Repeat as required until desired result is obtained.

There are also several interesting uses for hand cranked field telephones (90volt ringing current no burns.)

9 posted on 10/22/2001 5:46:26 AM PDT by FRMAG

Forced to watch any of the following until they talk:
10 posted on 10/22/2001 5:58:52 AM PDT by HoweverComma

Put a large pig with the terrorist in a very small cell.
11 posted on 10/22/2001 6:03:30 AM PDT by Greatgrandma

To: HoweverComma
You forget the punishment of being swadled in the crusty black pantsuit hamper on an 80 degree day
12 posted on 10/22/2001 6:08:57 AM PDT by Revelation 911
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

24 hours a day of that annoying commercial for some kind of stain remover by that guy who yells while he's dipping something in the solution. Don't even know what he advertises. It's so annoying I have to switch it off. It would drive anyone nuts.
13 posted on 10/22/2001 9:38:41 AM PDT by Calpublican

To: Calpublican
In one of the most hilarious movies ever made, One, Two, Three, the commies torture a guy by playing It was a teensy, weensy, yellow polka dot bikini over and over. By the end of the session the 45 has slipped off the spindle so the record is spinning in an oblong pattern rather than a circle thus causing the sound to speed up and slow down, speed up and slow down.

Screamingly funny movie from 40 yrs ago.

14 posted on 10/22/2001 9:46:47 AM PDT by justshutupandtakeit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Endless tape of Patsy Schroeder.
15 posted on 10/22/2001 9:50:07 AM PDT by dighton

Tape the guy's left hand to his body and force a bottle of that 'super colon blow' stuff from the drugstore down him.

No food or water for three days. On fourth day set a campstove outside the cell and whip up some bacon and eggs with orange juice and hot coffee.

Who knows, it could work!

16 posted on 10/22/2001 9:57:46 AM PDT by pa_dweller

They should pipe "The Best of Slim Whitman" into their cells. They'll end up like the Martians on "Mars Attacks".
17 posted on 10/22/2001 10:00:09 AM PDT by Cornjonny

To: Cornjonny
Have you no conscience, sir?

And I thought MY ideas were almost beyond the pale...

18 posted on 10/22/2001 10:43:41 AM PDT by HoweverComma
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

my favorite:
forcing them to watch 'Dance Fever' (the adrian zamed era) while being forcefed ham sandwiches.
19 posted on 10/22/2001 11:02:19 AM PDT by Big Guy and Rusty 99

Actually, I'd like to see them put in sensory deprivation tanks for a couple of days. Should make them nice and pliable, I would think.
20 posted on 10/22/2001 11:05:41 AM PDT by william clark

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-51 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson