Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

After Cruise Report! Tons of Fun and a Great Success!
10-21-01 | Bob J

Posted on 10/21/2001 1:40:32 PM PDT by Bob J

The cruise was a great success and everyone had a wonderful time! I understand attendees are already searching the cruise lines for another in either late spring or early summer next year!

The weather was fantastic the entire trip! The only rain we got was some brief showers on Key West! The seas were calm and the sky was blue with lazy clouds wafting lazily across the sky. Many FRuisers arrived a day early in Ft. Lauderdale at Sheraton Yankee Clipper which is about 1/2 mile from the "strip". Some shopped in the afternoon and we gathered for dinner on Sat night right across from the famous FL beaches! Sunday night we were honored to have RM Dupree, Luiz Gonzales and Donato Dalrymple join us at the Sheraton for drinks and conversation.

Everyone departed late the next morning for the Port of Miami, with LurkerNoMore arranging a very nice limovan for the cruise committee so we could go over last minute details. Getting on the boat was pretty easy and we settled in, exploring the ship and taking in lunch up at the Windjammer cafe on the 11th deck. That evening, we had a private cocktail party in the Blue Skies Lounge. We handed out a "goody bag" for all attendees that included a nice cooler bag, gulpa mugs, sports bottles, lotion, chapstick, can coolers, coasters, etc., plus a VERY nice Network printed folder with note paper and Network business cards donated by the LNM and the Dallas Chapter. Gene MacDonald printed up cool nametags for everyone!

At the cocktail party, the weeks events were reviewed and it was announced that BadJoe and Willa had been married the week before, and, Slip18 and CyberLiberty were married in June! Joe and Willa put on a very funny skit with a noose around Joe's neck...heheh. Willa then put a apron on Joe and when he fliped it up it revealed a very large appendage...HA! CPAC and the ACU generously donated 2 platinum packages for the next CPAC and winners were drawn later in the cruise....LURKERNOMORE And DITTOMOM! Congratulations!

During the cruise, we had several informative and important seminars on Network planning and Reagangirl gave a 2 hour PR and Media primer presentation. All attendees are now very well informed on how to set up media interest and attendance at our events, write Media advisories and press releases, not to mention how to work them to get maximum benefit from our efforts!

Off the ship, we toured downtown Nassau and Key West and had a very nice day snorkeling, waverunning and playing volleyball on CocoCay! I'll let the other FRuisers chime in on all the particulars and our brushes with danger!

I would like to personally thank all the members of the Cruise Committee who worked so hard to make this event a success! Diotima, LurkerNoMore, Ms AntiFeminazi, MinuteGal, Seeking the truth, Ironjack, abner and hubby, Commonsense, BadJoe and Syncro! Thank you for everything! I'm can't wait for the next one!

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Breaking News; Free Republic
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-174 next last

1 posted on 10/21/2001 1:40:32 PM PDT by Bob J
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Bob J
Diotima and I getting a bite to eat...will be back later to respond and follow up!
2 posted on 10/21/2001 1:41:27 PM PDT by Bob J
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

"After Cruise Report!"

Dang...I thought this was an update on the availability of Nicole Kidman...

3 posted on 10/21/2001 1:46:43 PM PDT by Joe 6-pack

I'd like to thank you and all the hard-working cruise committee, and to ReaganGirl for her presentation.

I haven't had such fun and laughed so much in ages!

It was particularly exciting to meet so many FReepers who, up til the cruise, had only been screen names. There is so much to learn about one another!

Now it's back to reality in n.e. Ohio.

Cruises are the best!

4 posted on 10/21/2001 1:48:00 PM PDT by Molly Pitcher
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Nice to have everyone home safely, and great to know what a good time was had. (Green with envy that we missed it!) :-)
5 posted on 10/21/2001 1:48:26 PM PDT by lodwick

To: Interesting Times; Guenevere; dittomom; Taxman; Gracey; Patriot1; Slip18; Ms. AntiFeminazi...
FYI!
6 posted on 10/21/2001 1:50:38 PM PDT by Molly Pitcher
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Seeking the truth
And Gene, we used your helpful advice, and took the Florida Turnpike back north to Orlando - much easier drive!
7 posted on 10/21/2001 1:53:01 PM PDT by Molly Pitcher
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Surely a great time had by all, Bob! We'll be chiming in with pictures in a few days, as we get them developed.

Can't wait to see the video. Why don't you plug the video deal when you get back?

CL & Slip (The "gun" couple)

8 posted on 10/21/2001 1:53:57 PM PDT by Cyber Liberty

To: Joe 6-pack
ROTFLMAO......you're always on the prowl.
9 posted on 10/21/2001 1:54:07 PM PDT by mystery-ak
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

10 posted on 10/21/2001 1:54:14 PM PDT by lowbridge

I'm so glad it was fun! (And safe!)

Welcome back! (Hope we can make the next one!)

11 posted on 10/21/2001 1:56:18 PM PDT by AnnaZ

To: BADJOE; WillaJohns
Hey ... CONGRATULATIONS!
12 posted on 10/21/2001 1:56:46 PM PDT by Askel5
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: lowbridge
Sounds wonderful...Snorkeling, no sharks....and freepers out in the sunshine. WOW!!

Want pictures, lots of pictures.

13 posted on 10/21/2001 2:03:39 PM PDT by YaYa123
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Bob J; CounterCounterCulture; Taxman; diotima; LurkerNoMore!; Ms. AntiFeminazi; MinuteGal...
I wanted to tell you all what an incredible honor it was meeting all of you, the ones listed and the ones I may have missed. I had the best time hanging out with y'all, even if only for a few hours. It was like sitting around with family.

I dropped in at the Yankee Clipper Friday night hoping to find a few of you hanging out, but no such luck.

Next time!

Luis

14 posted on 10/21/2001 2:09:27 PM PDT by Luis Gonzalez

I wanted to go, but could not....booo hoooo! It seems that you had the greatest time. What a great diversion from the world events, too!

Of course, when Freepers are together, it is ususally a combination of work and play...but, I do hope it was mostly play for you guys. Freepers have put in their share of work over the last few years battling the Clintons and helping to get Bush elected, etc. So, I for one am so happy that the cruise turned out to be a floating celebration. Like others on FR, I am anxious to see the pictures that will surely follow!

15 posted on 10/21/2001 2:28:36 PM PDT by Swede Girl

To: Luis Gonzalez
I dropped in at the Yankee Clipper Friday night hoping to find a few of you hanging out, but no such luck.

I knew it! I begged and pleaded with the others to wait for you. I said that you said you would be there on Friday night, but they said that when Ruthy and Donato couldn't come, Ruthy was supposed to call you. ARGH!!! I feel bad now. We waited until 8 p.m.

It was so nice to meet you. You did not seem like a stranger at all, but like someone I had known forever. I hope we meet again soon.

16 posted on 10/21/2001 2:30:15 PM PDT by Ms. AntiFeminazi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

See any mermaids?
17 posted on 10/21/2001 2:33:52 PM PDT by AppyPappy

To: YaYa123
Sounds wonderful...Snorkeling, no sharks....and freepers out in the sunshine. WOW!!

There were sharks. Ask LurkerNoMore!, Syncro, Mrs. Ironjack, and abner.

I saw a stingray with a fish riding on it's back right before I swam into some mating jellyfish. ouch.

18 posted on 10/21/2001 2:34:48 PM PDT by Ms. AntiFeminazi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Donato Dalrymple

Thats just too cool!! DD's da man. How is he doing?

19 posted on 10/21/2001 2:40:52 PM PDT by VA Advogado

To: Ms. AntiFeminazi
There were sharks. Ask LurkerNoMore!, Syncro, Mrs. Ironjack, and abner

20 posted on 10/21/2001 2:40:55 PM PDT by lowbridge
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-174 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson