Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Rush Limbaugh 10/8/2001 thread
Rush Limbaugh show ^ | bosco

Posted on 10/08/2001 9:16:04 AM PDT by Bosco

Listening to Rush today, his voice sounds in a little higher register than in previous weeks and months. Anyone else notice?

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 181 next last

1 posted on 10/08/2001 9:16:04 AM PDT by Bosco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Bosco
Yep. What's he talking about -- soul searching? I wonder if he's sick?
2 posted on 10/08/2001 9:18:07 AM PDT by Aggie Mama
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Exactly!!! I thought it was just my radio shorting out. But his voice does sound different -- less "manly" than usual. Hope he is not in serious medical trouble.
3 posted on 10/08/2001 9:19:28 AM PDT by toupsie

Mullah Omar says:

Zoom!  Zoom!  Zoom!

4 posted on 10/08/2001 9:19:32 AM PDT by Incorrigible

To be honest it almost sounds distorted at times. I wonder what's going on here. Hope the guy is okay.
5 posted on 10/08/2001 9:19:48 AM PDT by DoughtyOne

He sounds terrible; maybe the radio station is playing tricks to compress the sound with all of the news updates.
6 posted on 10/08/2001 9:19:56 AM PDT by JacksonCalhoun

ya know you're right. Is it because he's not using that phony aristocratic tone ?
7 posted on 10/08/2001 9:20:07 AM PDT by uncitizen

LOL! There for a second it sounded like Drudge talking. I think his nose could use a really big tissue and he needs to take care of that issue.lol!! I was just wondering if it was actually Rush or someone from Art Bell's neighborhood doing the show.
8 posted on 10/08/2001 9:20:28 AM PDT by MoJo2001

Comment #9 Removed by Moderator

Maybe it's just gas. < /sarcasm >

Geesh! Leave the guy alone. He takes off a week, and everybody thinks he's got a terminal illness.

10 posted on 10/08/2001 9:20:42 AM PDT by DCPatriot

Beyond higher register...he sounds nasal..almost like Bachelor and/or Alexander from WABC in NY!
11 posted on 10/08/2001 9:20:51 AM PDT by marktuoni

People around here have said recently that they think his voice has sounded different, and up until now I couldn't hear a difference, but there's no doubt he sounds different today. It's almost annoying.

He talked about discussing something serious. I'm wondering if there is some kind of heath problem. Maybe he's experimenting with pre-taped shows, like he did yesterday, because he is going to be out of action for a while.

Well, he'll tell us eventually.

12 posted on 10/08/2001 9:21:05 AM PDT by TomB

To: JacksonCalhoun
That's an interesting take. I wonder if it has any validity. I'd hope that it does. I'd hate to think something was wrong with the guy's voice.
13 posted on 10/08/2001 9:21:37 AM PDT by DoughtyOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Aggie Mama
I wonder if he's sick?

I believe he is. He said he had planned to explain why he was out last week for the whole first hour but that the attacks precluded that. He also said we were misinformed and that he was not on vacation last week, that he wished he was. Throat cancer maybe?

14 posted on 10/08/2001 9:21:41 AM PDT by SirAllen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

He finally admitted a few weeks ago there is something wrong with his voice....he was concerned it was "getting higher" in pitch.
15 posted on 10/08/2001 9:21:49 AM PDT by Terry Mross

You are SO right!!! I am delighted. I turned him on because of your comment and he sounds back to his old self. I had stopped listening to him because he sounded fake for the past few months. He sounded as though he was playing to his video coverage, like a B-rated actor trying to be an opera star. Even my kids complained when I turned him on.

Nice to have Rush back to a regular-Joe.

16 posted on 10/08/2001 9:21:54 AM PDT by Kay

To: toupsie
Rush sounds like he used to sound. I tuned in the other day--hadn't been able to do so because of work for a while--and wondered if someone else was trying to take his place. It was very distracting to me and after a little while, I tuned him back out. It sounded like Tony Snow (whom I like just fine) doing a Rush imitation. Now Rush sounds like himself again and I'll continue listening.
17 posted on 10/08/2001 9:22:03 AM PDT by Marty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I didn't even recognize the voice at first!

I'm willing to be he had nodules on his vocal cords and has had them removed.

Happened to a friend of mine. Went from a baritone to first tenor. The surgery can tighten your vocal cords. His recovery time was about a week.

18 posted on 10/08/2001 9:22:05 AM PDT by Crusher138

To: marktuoni
He sounds like Maxwell Smart. He said that he was going to talk about something personal later in the show.
19 posted on 10/08/2001 9:22:48 AM PDT by Dane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: JacksonCalhoun
I bet hacklers are having a HAYDAY distorting his voice. I thought he'd pick it up long time ago. Someone is having fun at the expense of EL Rushbo! He better look into it QUICKO!
20 posted on 10/08/2001 9:22:49 AM PDT by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 181 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson