News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Greyhound Attack May Be Connected to Sept. 11 Terrorism
Israel National News ^

Posted on 10/05/2001 10:08:17 AM PDT by RCW2001

13:22 Oct-05-01, 18 Tishrei 5762

Greyhound Attack May Be Connected to Sept.11 Terrorism
(IsraelNationalNews.com) According to Congressman (D-Tenn) Bob Clement, investigators may not be too quick to discard a connection between the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks in the US and this week’s slashing attack on board a Greyhound bus in middle Tennessee that claimed at least six lives.

It has now been learned that the attack who slit the throat of the bus driver, causing it to veer out of control and flip several times, carried a Croatian passport. FBI investigators are not releasing his name, now suspecting there may be a link to arch terrorist Osama bin-Laden and not just the work of a lone deranged man.

On Tuesday night, the FBI tracked down a bin-Laden associate, Zafer al-Atasi, in Nashville. The Saudi Arabian national was living in Nashville up until several months before the Greyhound attack.

TOPICS: Extended News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-35 next last

1 posted on 10/05/2001 10:08:17 AM PDT by RCW2001
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: RCW2001
Like clockwork...
2 posted on 10/05/2001 10:13:43 AM PDT by Dirk McQuickly
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

What is their source for this? I can't buy that no one here in the states caught this quote. Hell, the bus crash didn't even happen in his district.
3 posted on 10/05/2001 10:18:07 AM PDT by Brian Mosely

To: Dirk McQuickly
I'd have never guessed...
4 posted on 10/05/2001 10:19:41 AM PDT by Loopy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

When we first heard about this, I said it was bin Laden and his boys, and my boss said no way. We bet $10. I just emailed him that I will continue to hold onto it. Developing...
5 posted on 10/05/2001 10:22:16 AM PDT by Pharmboy

To: ALL
Someone said that they could tell this person was a terrorist by the way they slit the persons throat. But who knows.
6 posted on 10/05/2001 10:22:52 AM PDT by Sungirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Brian Mosely
You're forgetting the first rule of FR...never even mildly have any questions about a news source if information is what you want to believe or supports your particular political hobby horse.

Have never heard of this particular website before. Poking around, it's not obviously loony-toons but pretty clearly is very much a pro-Israeli site. Not that there's anything wrong with that..just that it may turn out not to be the most dispassionate unbiased source in the world.

7 posted on 10/05/2001 10:24:32 AM PDT by John H K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

This is great news if bin Laden masterminded it. It would prove that his power has so weakened that he's reduced to crashing buses into ditches scaring almost no one. I'd say this isn't bin Laden's work.
8 posted on 10/05/2001 10:24:53 AM PDT by #3Fan

To: John H K
Well, since this happened in MY COUNTY, LESS THAN 20 MILE FROM MY HOME, I have somewhat of an interest in this. I was at the crash site all day Wednesday covering this for the local paper. One phone call to Clement's should clear this up, though...
9 posted on 10/05/2001 10:28:13 AM PDT by Brian Mosely
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Brian Mosely
Actually, re-read my post..

I was complimenting you for being the only person even raising the slightest questions about the source, and sarcastically mocking those who believe everything posted on any website in the world......

10 posted on 10/05/2001 10:33:19 AM PDT by John H K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: #3Fan
Or it could be a ploy to get the U.S. to think that the next attacks may be transit-oriented on a wider scale. If I were a terrorist, I might throw in a few random high-jackings here or there, maybe terrorizing a Greyhound bus or two just to distract the attention away from the big plan.

The fact that people died in this tragedy is terrible, but it could just be a disinformation ploy to distract us from the real game.

11 posted on 10/05/2001 10:37:22 AM PDT by EugeneConservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

No kidding ...

Was it the same M.O. of cutting the throat with a box cutter and steering the vehicle into fiery death that gave it away ?

Sheesh - nothing to see here folks.

12 posted on 10/05/2001 10:38:18 AM PDT by MassExodus

Three facts that have no relation to each other that when strung together seem to infer a connection.

1. A congresman says terrorism should not be ruled out--well duh

2. Attacker had a croation passport---we knew this day one

3. FBI not releasing the attackers name--ok, do they even know it for sure ?

4. On Tuesday night, the FBI tracked down a bin-Laden associate, Zafer al-Atasi, in Nashville---Ok, but how is the associate related to the attacker ??

An example of propoganda,
13 posted on 10/05/2001 10:38:32 AM PDT by VRWC_minion

FWIW, It's now confirmed by Croatian police based on fingerprints that it was, in fact, Damir Igric and not a stolen identity situation.

I am unable to find any quotes from Clement other than ones from Oct. 3, immediately after the accident, that it "looked very suspicious."Would not surprise me if that mutated into what this Israel News site posted. One thing that's a bit suspicious about the article at the beginning of this thread is that they say that he had a Croatian passport like it was some amazing new breaking revelation...and it's rather old news.

14 posted on 10/05/2001 10:41:58 AM PDT by John H K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Associated Press
Damir Igric, 29, is shown in his passport photo found on the Greyhound bus that crashed Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2001, near Manchester, Tenn. The photo was released Thursday, Sept. 4 by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The FBI has identified Igric as the assailant who slashed the neck of bus driver Garfield Sands, causing the bus to crash and killing six people, including Igric. (AP Photo/Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)

15 posted on 10/05/2001 10:42:06 AM PDT by TheOtherOne

Sorry for the misinterpertation. I'm waiting on a return call now. I never believe ANYTHING until I confirm it.
16 posted on 10/05/2001 10:43:18 AM PDT by Brian Mosely
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: TheOtherOne
That bus passenger that supposedly had the media-suppressed quote that FReepers were all hot and bothered about that the attacker looked "Middle Eastern" must have either been as blind as a bat or a blithering idiot.

Heck, he kinda looks like ME.

17 posted on 10/05/2001 10:45:14 AM PDT by John H K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: TheOtherOne
What is that above his left eye? Looks pretty weird to me.
18 posted on 10/05/2001 10:47:29 AM PDT by Slip18
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Heck, he kinda looks like ME.

You should do something about that large circle on your head.

19 posted on 10/05/2001 10:48:37 AM PDT by VRWC_minion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Comment #20 Removed by Moderator

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-35 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson