Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Presidential Prayer Team Needed
10/03/01 | Dr. Wiley Drake

Posted on 10/04/2001 3:00:47 PM PDT by Wiley Sr

The Office of the Presidential Prayer Team has asked that I relay this information to my friends and colleagues so that it will reach its goal of enlisting 2.8 million people (1% of the population) to pray regularly for the President--especially in our current crisis.

I recommend that you join this effort. There is no fee or obligation. Just sign up and you'll receive a window decal in the mail, plus e-mail updates on the specific prayer needs of the President and his Cabinet. To sign up, go to http://www.PresidentialPrayerTeam.org There is also an 800 number for those who want to be a part of this and are not on the web. 1-800-295-1235

I would simply say, please don't sign up for this unless you are really committed to pray daily for our President. This is not only needed now in our time of crisis, but when it is over, and in the future, no matter who is in the Whitehouse.

After the Clinton years I was deeply convicted that I had not prayed for our President, even if he was Bill Clinton. I believe God wants us to pray for the Office, and the Officer, even if we don't agree politically or morally. I wonder where our Country might be today, if 2.8 million people had been committed to pray over the past 8 years.

This Presidential Prayer Team has as it's outline the following...

1. "In God we Trust"

2. "President George Washington at Valley Forge, on his knees, hands folded in prayer."

3. Psalms 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance"

May God bless you as you follow His lead in this very important matter.

TOPICS: Announcements; Constitution/Conservatism
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 10/04/2001 3:00:47 PM PDT by Wiley Sr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

To: Wiley Sr
I believe this is something of an Urban Legend. It is listed as such on the Snopes site. Now some claim that Snopes is not entirely accurate, and the politics on there often lean to the left, but I thought I would mention this here anyways.
3 posted on 10/04/2001 3:15:55 PM PDT by Paradox
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I urge everyone who is so inclined to support this effort. God has asked us to pray for our leaders, and GW has publicly requested prayers for himself, his family, and America. Let's do it.
4 posted on 10/04/2001 3:16:28 PM PDT by Faith

To: Paradox
I signed up last week. It is legit.
5 posted on 10/04/2001 5:49:58 PM PDT by Faith
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Paradox
Not a rumor this is real we talked by phone and e-mail with their office today, and are working on getting folks on board. Wiley
6 posted on 10/04/2001 6:02:45 PM PDT by Wiley Sr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I'm sorry but this just begs a couple of questions:

- doesn't God hear the prayers of individuals? If so, then why do you need millions of people to pray for the exact same thing? Maybe you think God will only do something for us if enough people ask for it?

- what exactly are you praying for? I know, you are praying for the President...but for the President to do something, or know something, or understand something, or what?
7 posted on 10/04/2001 6:07:22 PM PDT by FreeYourMind

The group exists, their offical connection to the White House is an urban legend.
8 posted on 10/04/2001 6:09:33 PM PDT by Hillary? Hell no!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: FreeYourMind
In answer to your question God does hear all of our prayers, but His desire according to scripture is for us to come together in our repentance, and request. What we pray for, is all the above. God allows us to be involved in the leadership of our nation by being prayer warriors in the battle. Wiley
9 posted on 10/06/2001 5:03:23 PM PDT by Wiley Sr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Hillary? Hell no!
There is no myth, the plan from the begining was to NOT be an official connection to the WhiteHouse, since this is a nonpartisian effort. If it had official ties that would mean that it was Democrat or Republician, depending on who is in the Whitehouse. This is a real effort on the part of prayer warriors to be effective in our duty to God and Country. The only connection will be to let the current resident of the WhiteHouse know who is praying for Him or Her. Wiley
10 posted on 10/06/2001 5:11:26 PM PDT by Wiley Sr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

We have a prayer thread here on FR daily for the President. Please stop by this LINK anytime.
11 posted on 10/06/2001 5:13:23 PM PDT by snippy_about_it

To: snippy_about_it
Thanks for this link. Praise the Lord for prayer warriors. wiley
12 posted on 10/06/2001 5:22:08 PM PDT by Wiley Sr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Re-read the link from Snopes and re-read what I wrote.

The group exists, their offical connection to the White House is an urban legend.

Whether the group intended to misrepresent themselves or not, there IS a myth that they have an official tie to the White House.

13 posted on 10/07/2001 1:30:50 PM PDT by Hillary? Hell no!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson