Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Chelsea to Chronicle Harrowing Twin Tower Escape
NewsMax.com ^ | Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2001 11:31 p.m. EDT | Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

Posted on 10/04/2001 1:11:48 AM PDT by Beep

Chelsea to Chronicle Harrowing Twin Tower Escape

Chelsea Clinton is set to tell the world about her alleged brush with death in the World Trade Center collapse, and how her last-minute decision to go for coffee instead of a jog around the Twin Towers saved her from a horrible fate.

That and the six Secret Service agents still assigned to protect her.

While it's unclear whether her bodyguards will rate a mention in the piece she's been invited to pen for the November issue of Talk magazine, you can bet her screed will be a real page-turner.

We won't be a bit surprised to learn, for instance, that Chels and her dad spent many a White House night playing Scrabble into the wee hours while plotting to get Osama bin Laden.

The New York Observer, which first reported the news of young Clinton's journalistic debut, said she was so moved by the episode that she's stopped giving interviews. (We hadn't noticed she'd started.)

In fact, it was her senator mom who first piqued interest in her daughter's Twin Tower adventure when she told NBC's Jane Pauley, "Chelsea was going to go [jogging] around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and that's when the plane hit."

Mrs. Clinton next claimed she wasn't able to reach her child for two whole hours after the attack, and was afraid to tell her husband - who was busy scooping up six-figure speaking fees in Australia at the time.

With all three tethered to a small army of Secret Service agents, it's hard to imagine such a total communciations breakdown. But the Clintons have never been sticklers for inconvenient details.

Talk initiated the idea of Chelsea telling her Twin Tower tale, the Observer said, noting the magazine's long history of support for the Clintons.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-74 next last
Couldn't find this on a search; my apologies if it's a "FRepeat!" My comment(s)? BARF!
1 posted on 10/04/2001 1:11:48 AM PDT by Beep (sharon_palmer@authorsden.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: SLJP
In fact, it was her senator mom who first piqued interest in her daughter's Twin Tower adventure when she told NBC's Jane Pauley, "Chelsea was going to go [jogging] around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and that's when the plane hit."

Jogging around the Twin Towers? Er, I don't think so. Perhaps Hillary is confused. Her darling daughter was actually thinking of scaling the towers, in a belated tribute to her mother's namesake, Sir Edmund Hillary, the former beekeeper.

2 posted on 10/04/2001 1:18:35 AM PDT by Clinton's a rapist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Clinton's a rapist
Good one!

Like father, like daughter and mother thrown in between. These damned Clinton's will do anything to insert themselves into the fawning media spotlight.

3 posted on 10/04/2001 1:23:29 AM PDT by onyx
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

It is a repeat, but don't sweat it!

My biggest objection to this BS story is this, anyone who tried to jog around the WTC at that time of the morning would most likely be strangled within minutes for a damn nuisance! There are/were literally about a hundred thousand people streaming in, out and around that area at that time. If she was going to run down there it would probably be along the Hudson River promenade behind Battery Park City where she would most certainly would have been whisked away by the Secret Service at the first impact.

4 posted on 10/04/2001 1:26:36 AM PDT by Nitro

Haha! This deserves a bump.
5 posted on 10/04/2001 1:30:24 AM PDT by BunnySlippers

Chelsea is as big a lunatic as her parents. The Clintons and their supporters are engineering an interpretation where it comes out they were the victims and heroic bare survivors in this attack. This is unbelievable.
6 posted on 10/04/2001 1:32:59 AM PDT by RLK

To: BunnySlippers; Nitro; ALL
Isn't it a HOOT?! Like mother, like daughter! Lies, lies, attention-seeking lies! "Chels and dad played Scrabble and discussed strategy in capturing Bin Laden?" (Rough quote!) HA! Like, I'm sure I believe that! Puh-leeze!! ;-p

I love the tone of NewsMax! My kind of news reporting! *VBG*

7 posted on 10/04/2001 1:37:30 AM PDT by Beep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: RLK
Will the day ever come where the people wise up and boo these people out of public life?
8 posted on 10/04/2001 1:40:07 AM PDT by RLK
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

You forgot to add (GAG ALERT) to the story title
9 posted on 10/04/2001 1:40:51 AM PDT by captnemo1

To: captnemo1
Oops! Sorry! I did "Barf" in the "comments." Forgive me?? (Lesson learned -- title it is, next time!) (*G*)
10 posted on 10/04/2001 1:43:10 AM PDT by Beep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: captnemo1
It has the word "Chelsea" in the title so it's considered a "gimme," automatic gag alert ... like if you played golf with blubba, you'd have to give'm Mulligans all the time. And your prettiest daughter, too. Say, now that would require a barf alert all its own. < gag > < hack >
11 posted on 10/04/2001 1:43:55 AM PDT by GretchenEE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: GretchenEE
ROFL!! Thanks for the back-up! ;-}
12 posted on 10/04/2001 1:45:35 AM PDT by Beep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: RLK
In about ten years she'll be as detached from the real world as her ma and pa. She's being groomed for a life of virtual politics, and this moment will be saved for future political use.

I predict that in the near future, Chelsea will go to Brazil on a Save the Third World/Global Environmental Crisis thing, and will come back breathless, telling us all that she single-handedly saved an entire Amazonian village from a colony of rampaging army ants armed only with a garden trowel and a canteen of water, or something equally ludicrous. After rehearsing to herself after several days, she'll actually believe it. A lot of other folks will, too.

13 posted on 10/04/2001 1:55:13 AM PDT by Mortimer Snavely
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Mortimer Snavely
And then the heroic survivor of the twin towers attack, having dedicated herself to opublic service in gratitude for her survival, will run for congress.
14 posted on 10/04/2001 2:03:12 AM PDT by RLK
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Here's the miniseries version, to save everyone the price of buying the hard copy.

Hi, my name is Chelsea Clinton. Did ya catch that? Clinton. That makes this story saleable.

Okay, here's the dirt. I was in New York City that day, you know, the big day, when all the sirens were blastin. My SS guys -- what a hoot, can you believe I still get SS protection? -- and me we were strollin, and thinkin what a day for a daydream, and WHAM SOCKO SHOCKO, they grabbed me and we hit the deck of my SS SUV with tinted windows and radio gear and guns and all. I never really was too scared cuz they are like Big Guys and we have neener Get-A-Way Privileges when the little people act up or terrorist guys go bonkers.

So I calls my mom and she says, "Where the H-E-double-toothpicks ARE YOU?"

"Mom," says I, "these SS dudes are like takin care of me. Chill!"

Mom says daddy is like really ticked cuz he is down under and can't come home. Then she calls back and says, Hey, not to worry, I pulled W's chain and Daddy's coming home on a military plane!

I sure woulda been scared there, if I'd been anywhere near Harm's Way, but my SS guys, they threw me onto a detour.

The end. Can I like go to the donkey college now? Oh, Oxford! I gotta remember that!

15 posted on 10/04/2001 2:06:37 AM PDT by GretchenEE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

What a piece of SH*T.
16 posted on 10/04/2001 2:23:21 AM PDT by Joe Boucher

ROFLMAO!! I'm cryin' from laughing sooooo hard!! OMG!! I wish I were more awake, so I could add to it! Next one is my treat!! LOLOLOLOLOL!! I am gonna die; my sides are splittin'! Aaaahhhhhh!! That was tooooo funny, Gretchen! Toooooo good! Thanks for the major giggle-fest! ;-}
17 posted on 10/04/2001 2:25:05 AM PDT by Beep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Joe Boucher
Just a wee bit befuddling -- what is the subject of that sentence please?! *G*
18 posted on 10/04/2001 2:36:35 AM PDT by Beep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Too freakin funny, Gretchen! If Bill Maher could come up with stuff like that, it might save his sorry show. But you gotta 'splain "neener" for me.

neener, adj. 1.(slang, often used with Get-A-Way Privileges)

19 posted on 10/04/2001 2:38:51 AM PDT by laredo44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

I wonder if there is any proof at all she was within 10 miles of the attack. I can see her lining up now for the Larry King, Oprah, Rosie shows selling a book on how she was a survivor and feels the pain of everyone involved while she is gnawing on one of those Web look alike lips. %D#$% disgusting!
20 posted on 10/04/2001 2:39:43 AM PDT by freedom4ever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-74 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson