Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Hackers Post Anti-U.S. Message on Web
AP | Tuesday, October 2, 2001

Posted on 10/02/2001 3:51:24 AM PDT by JohnHuang2

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) - Hackers broke into the Hungarian National Security Office's Web site and posted an anti-U.S. message supporting Osama bin Laden, state-run radio reported Tuesday.

Istvan Simicsko, the deputy minister overseeing the Hungarian security services, told state radio hackers posted a message Monday that read ``Bin Laden vs. Bush: 1-0'' and linked last month's terrorist attacks in New York and Washington to U.S. sanctions against some Arab states.

The hackers, who called themselves the ``Steves,'' also sharply criticized U.S.-led multinational companies and the U.S. attack on Hiroshima.

The message was posted on the publicly accessible part of the security office's Web page. The office's secret database remained secure, Simicsko said.

The message was removed a few hours after it was posted.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 10/02/2001 3:51:24 AM PDT by JohnHuang2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: JohnHuang2
Script kiddie losers. No blood, no foul. Back to the game hackerz!
2 posted on 10/02/2001 4:53:52 AM PDT by dandelion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JohnHuang2
I know it has been requested by the government not to do it but I have been told by a computer geek that the North American hackers have joined together as a group known as 'north american hackers' and are just causing havic in Iran, and Iraq. Is it wrong? I don't know and just thought I would put this out.
3 posted on 10/02/2001 5:10:10 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson