Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Anti-war march OK, raises security doubts(Washington Freepers needed again!!)
The Washington Times ^ | 9.23.01 | Brian DeBose

Posted on 09/23/2001 8:19:28 PM PDT by victim soul

Edited on 07/12/2004 3:47:13 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

The District and the National Park Service have issued official permits to an anti-war group, allowing it to march and assemble up to 8,000 protesters on Saturday in Lafayette Park, just across the street from the White House.

The permits were issued Friday to the International Action Center

(Excerpt) Read more at asp.washtimes.com ...

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; Front Page News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-27 next last

1 posted on 09/23/2001 8:19:28 PM PDT by victim soul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: victim soul
She said the organization, which claims former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark on its list of supporters, is "adequately" funded.

I wish the communist countries would stop sending cash to these losers.

2 posted on 09/23/2001 8:25:22 PM PDT by concerned about politics
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Sarah Sloan, a staff coordinator employed by the Action Center, said the IAC has enough money to stage a peace march and rally for at least 10,000 protesters.

Only if she flys about 9500 of 'em in from Cuba.

3 posted on 09/23/2001 8:29:08 PM PDT by THX 1138

International Answer

and

International Action Center

Two groups participating...obviously the second one is the sponsor of this lovely event.

< /sarcasm>

4 posted on 09/23/2001 8:30:23 PM PDT by Neets

To: concerned about politics
Don't believe that their funding comes just from communist countries.
5 posted on 09/23/2001 8:31:11 PM PDT by Neets
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

These goobers are going to try to bait the cops and get injured. They need some "peace martyrs." For the police, I guess it's a question of how to beat someone up just enough to get them to stop being violent jerks, but not so much as to leave any good scars to show off.
6 posted on 09/23/2001 8:32:23 PM PDT by Constantine XIII

To: THX 1138
Only if she flys about 9500 of 'em in from Cuba.

9499 of those Cubans would hit the ground running, thanking God they have the chance to live in a free country. They understand what Communism truly does to a country. The rich, guilty college kids coming to protest will never gain that appreciation, because they'd sooner lecture from the US than practice what they preach.

7 posted on 09/23/2001 8:33:54 PM PDT by NittanyLion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: victim soul, JohnHuang2 (king of ping)
I would like to go and counter protest these maggots, if you look at the people who are listed as organizers of this antiwar protest, they are the same ones who protested the EU meetings in Washington DC last year. I think the DC Chapter should organize a counter protest. I WILL BE THERE
8 posted on 09/23/2001 8:34:15 PM PDT by MJY1288

To: NittanyLion
Therefore Cubans living in US are extremely anticommunist (except maybe some Castro agents).
9 posted on 09/23/2001 8:42:26 PM PDT by matcrazy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

URGENT: D.C. CHAPTER NEEDS YOU FOR OPERATION INFINITE FREEP 9/29/01
10 posted on 09/23/2001 8:43:59 PM PDT by ironman

To: NittanyLion
Of course. What was I thinking?

LOL

11 posted on 09/23/2001 8:45:45 PM PDT by THX 1138
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Let those cretins march without security. That's what they want for all the rest of us...no security. Give em what they desire.
12 posted on 09/23/2001 8:49:31 PM PDT by wattsmag2

To: wattsmag2
I hope their protests go unreported. They would freak if the press didn't cater to them. It appears, I repeat-APPEARS, the press is on Americas side.
13 posted on 09/23/2001 8:55:46 PM PDT by concerned about politics
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

I'd like to see these creeps come to New York to protest. Maybe they can march down to the the former site of the World Trade Center. There are a few hundred New York cops and firefighters down there who would love to take an a hour away from their work on the pile and give them a nice warm welcome.
14 posted on 09/23/2001 8:59:30 PM PDT by AC86UT89

To: AC86UT89
No way. They cry, but they're cowards.
If they truly believed in what they preach, they WOULD be in NY.
Their real goal is Bush bashing.
15 posted on 09/23/2001 9:03:47 PM PDT by concerned about politics
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Constantine XIII
These goobers are going to try to bait the cops and get injured. They need some "peace martyrs." For the police, I guess it's a question of how to beat someone up just enough to get them to stop being violent jerks, but not so much as to leave any good scars to show off.

Rubber hoses and cyanide are a good tool for that kind of effect.

Every time I hear about these 'peace' protestors it reminds me of the lines in the Blues Brothers

Akroyd: "Illinois Nazis ..."

Belushi: "I HATE Illinois Nazis"

VROOOOOM !!!! (car tires squealing)

16 posted on 09/23/2001 9:08:06 PM PDT by Centurion2000
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Centurion2000
heh heh heh :)
17 posted on 09/23/2001 9:14:36 PM PDT by Constantine XIII
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

..refocus our protest and deal with the backlash against Arab-Americans

Translation: Nobody will pay attention to us now, so we have to switch to the next sympathy gambit to raise funds.
18 posted on 09/23/2001 11:37:10 PM PDT by self_evident

Will someone please help me with this? My dad works for the "UNITED STATES" postal service. He works with a woman who seems like she just arrived on a Greyhound bus from Berkley. He and "ALL" co-workers, except her, were talking about what should happen to these terrorists. Nothing distasteful. They had flags and God Bless America signs and all that. This Communist pig goes and cries to the supervisor that all this talk and flags offends her. The supervisor, who is just days away from retirement, asks everyone to cool it. I can see his point. He doesn't need any trouble. But it's just not here. It's all over. What the hell is going on here? Why can one lone dissenting pig piss on everyone else's parade? And that's not all...are you ready for this?...Everyone knew that on a recent vacation, this woman went to Toronto, Canada. SHE...on her own free will, told colleagues that she had only caught a plane in Toronto and that she actually went to CUBA!!!! When my dad told me this, I said to immediately call the FBI and notify them. Am I overreacting? I just can't get why these people that are so anti-american are catered to and not just run out of the country or monitored by the authorities. Oh....I told my dad and his friends to go to her house with spray paint and write "COMMUNIST SLUT" all over her house. That may be a bit much. But am I wrong to be this pissed off?
19 posted on 09/24/2001 1:46:32 AM PDT by GOPforever

Will someone please help me with this? My dad works for the "UNITED STATES" postal service. He works with a woman who seems like she just arrived on a Greyhound bus from Berkley. He and "ALL" co-workers, except her, were talking about what should happen to these terrorists. Nothing distasteful. They had flags and God Bless America signs and all that. This Communist pig goes and cries to the supervisor that all this talk and flags offends her. The supervisor, who is just days away from retirement, asks everyone to cool it. I can see his point. He doesn't need any trouble. But it's just not here. It's all over. What the hell is going on here? Why can one lone dissenting pig piss on everyone else's parade? And that's not all...are you ready for this?...Everyone knew that on a recent vacation, this woman went to Toronto, Canada. SHE...on her own free will, told colleagues that she had only caught a plane in Toronto and that she actually went to CUBA!!!! When my dad told me this, I said to immediately call the FBI and notify them. Am I overreacting? I just can't get why these people that are so anti-american are catered to and not just run out of the country or monitored by the authorities. Oh....I told my dad and his friends to go to her house with spray paint and write "COMMUNIST SLUT" all over her house. That may be a bit much. But am I wrong to be this pissed off?
20 posted on 09/24/2001 1:46:55 AM PDT by GOPforever

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-27 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson