Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Kill Americans
Multiple ^ | From 1997 to 2001 | Numerous Quotes

Posted on 09/22/2001 12:51:56 PM PDT by xinga

Kill Americans

For those of you who are wondering who we're fighting I compiled a short list of quotes after doing a yahoo.com search with the keywords "Kill Americans".

From Camera Update

The day after two Israeli reservists were lynched in Ramallah, a Gaza preacher, Dr. Ahmad Abu Halabiya, in a sermon broadcast live on official Palestinian Authority television, verbally matched the lynch mob's brutality, calling on Muslims to slaughter all Jews:

They are the terrorists. They are the ones who must be butchered and killed, as Allah the almighty said: 'Fight them; Allah will torture them at your hands, and will humiliate them ...'

Have no mercy on the Jews no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them. Wherever you are, kill those Jews and those Americans who are like them – and those who stand by them ...

From The Christian Science Monitor

In their presentation, prosecutors painted bin Laden as outraged when US troops landed in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War, because it is the home of two of Islam's holiest sites - Mecca and Medina. They also charged that bin Laden's group orchestrated the attacks against the US marines in Somalia in 1993 from a base in Nairobi, which was later used to plan the embassy attack.

During those years, Al-Qaeda was alleged to have grown up like "a multinational corporation," with offices around the world and business investments, along with camps and farms to train young men in bombmaking and firearms use.

"Al-Qaeda is what it is, a group dedicated to fighting Americans," said lead prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald on Tuesday during his concluding remarks. "Somalia proves the group was working against America as far back as then."

From Jewish Virtual Library

"Have no mercy on the Jews, no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them. Wherever you are, kill those Jews and those Americans who are like them and those who stand by them they are all in one trench, against the Arabs and the Muslims because they established Israel here, in the beating heart of the Arab world, in Palestine."

— Dr. Ahmad Abu Halabiya, Member of the PA appointed "Fatwa Council"
and former acting Rector of the Islamic University in Gaza.
Palestinian Authority television, October 14, 2000
The above quote can also be found at http://dunamai.com/articles/Israel/myths.htm, http://www.likud.nl/extr98.html and http://www.idf.il/english/announcements/2000/october/15-prop.stm

From The ICT and http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/980223-fatwa.htm

Text of Fatwah Urging Jihad Against Americans
Published in Al-Quds al-'Arabi on Febuary 23, 1998
Statement signed by Sheikh Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Ladin; Ayman al-Zawahiri, leader of the Jihad Group in Egypt; Abu- Yasir Rifa'i Ahmad Taha, a leader of the Islamic Group; Sheikh Mir Hamzah, secretary of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan; and Fazlul Rahman, leader of the Jihad Movement in Bangladesh

.... The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies--civilians and military--is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God."

From PCWorld.com

Bin Laden has been indicted in the bombings and allegedly has carried out a long-time global plot to kill Americans and wreck U.S. government property. He has said publicly that those are his goals. Four men said to have links to bin Laden currently are on trial in the bombing conspiracy case in New York federal court.

From Terrorism Research Center

Finally and perhaps most challenging, extreme interpretations of Islam –many of which advocate violence--seem to have taken root and are spreading in both the Southeast Asia and the subcontinent. Violent Islamic movements in Southeast Asia include the Thailand-based Pattani United Liberation Organization the Philippine Moro Islamic Liberation Front, and the Abu Sayyaf Group which allegedly had connections to New York World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef.

Of particular concern for the United States are Islamic extremist groups in South Asia. Over the last several years, several Islamic groups in this region, to include Saudi terrorist Usama Bin Ladin who is currently hiding in Afghanistan, have threatened or attacked U.S. citizens.

From Central Intelligence Agency

Another defining characteristic of this breed of terrorist--and one that distinguishes them from most international terrorism of earlier years--is their motive. Much past terrorism was designed to acquire leverage, in order to bargain and to wring some concession from the other side. An airplane was hijacked, or hostages were taken, and then some specific demand was made--to release a jailed comrade, to be granted political recognition, or what have you. What people like Ramzi Yousef and his ilk are out to do is not to achieve leverage, but rather to inflict pain--to cause damage and to kill people as an act of hatred and revenge. The bombing of the World Trade Center did not achieve any particular political objective. Instead, it was an act of punishment against the United States and against Americans, whom the bombers hated because of US support to Israel and other perceived grievances.

From The Weekly Standard

In December 1999, the Clinton administration issued a worldwide terrorist alert to Americans overseas advising them to avoid crowded millennial celebrations. Bomb-toting Islamic militants under the banner of the Saudi terrorist Usama bin Laden had declared war, so Americans were to stay discreetly indoors...

From About.com

Earlier this month Ahmed Ressam, a 34-year old Algerian national, testified that he was trained in a camp in Afghanistan by agents of Osama bin Laden. Al-'Owhali, who was convicted in May for his part in the attack on the Nairobi embassy, was also trained at the same camp according to the FBI. Ahmed Ressam was arrested while smuggling explosives across the U.S.-Canadian border in preparation for bombing the Los Angeles airport during millennium celebrations last year.

Bin Laden has already declared a jihad or holy war against the United States and has been called "the most dangerous man in the world" by the FBI. According to Al-'Owhali, bin Laden addressed the trainees at one camp and "impressed upon them the need to fight Americans".

From Anti-Defamation League

In October 1998, a Manhattan grand jury handed up an indictment charging three alleged followers of Osama bin Laden ­ Mohamed Saddiq Odeh, Mohamed Rashed Daoud Al-Owhali and Wadih El Hage ­ with conspiring with bin Laden to bomb the U.S. Embassies in East Africa, kill U.S. soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia and Somalia, house and train terrorists and raise money to support their cause.

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-34 next last
For some time now the Islamic extremist groups have been advocating killing Americans. It's been pretty much one sided up to now. And now for one of my favorite quotes against the appeasers:

"...we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..." Churchill addressing the House of Commons, 1940.

1 posted on 09/22/2001 12:51:56 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: xinga
bttt!
2 posted on 09/22/2001 1:03:46 PM PDT by lodwick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Are you telling me that the moslems don't all love us? That lots of them are calling for our destruction? Gee, how intolerant of them! I'm sooo shocked at this news!

But if I were to say something equally intolerant of them that would be considered bad, right?

And we wonder why America got blind-sided! The question I have is when will we smarten up and realize that they really do hate us?

3 posted on 09/22/2001 1:12:12 PM PDT by neutrino (Neutrino)

To: neutrino
The question I have is when will we smarten up and realize that they really do hate us?

On 9/11. Let's hope we can put an end to those organizations advocating our destruction.

4 posted on 09/22/2001 1:23:56 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

To: Manny Festo
bttt
8 posted on 09/23/2001 1:09:27 PM PDT by Travis McGee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

In a parallel process, suicide operations became a matter of routine. Suicide is forbidden in Islam. Back in 1983, only a handful of radical clerics were prepared to classify kamikaze-type acts as deeds of "self-martyrdom," guaranteeing immediate entry to Paradise. After the first operations, an intense debate ensued over religious law, some clerics ruling in favor of the tactic and many against.

Strange you should point this out. I was just reading Edward Gibbon's, "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"; the Persecution of Early Christians.

"The zeal of the early Christians for martyrdom was so great that they sometimes "supplied by their voluntary declaration the want of an accuser, rudely disturbed the public service of paganism," called upon the magistrate "to pronounce and to inflict the sentence of the law," and then "cheerfully leaped into the fires that were kindled to consume them" - until the bishops themselves had to condemn such practices."

9 posted on 09/23/2001 1:37:24 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

To: neutrino
The question I have is when will we smarten up and realize that they really do hate us?

Not soon enough, I'm afraid. Welcome to the brave new world of political correctness at any cost. That there are those who still preach tolerance in the face of 6000 (6500? 7000?) dead is beyond my comprehension.

They hate us. They want us all dead. But we should focus our energies on the reasons why they hate us and want to kill us, and modify our behavior to accomodate?

Bull$h!t! My inner rules of self preservation tell me that if someone is intent on killing me to the point that they will stop at nothing to accomplish that end, then I must do everything in my power to f up their plan, including using their plans for me against them.

I hope that those preaching tolerance will awaken from their slumber in time to be an asset instead of a liability.

11 posted on 09/23/2001 1:58:05 PM PDT by Hoosier Patriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

The more I read, the more I believe we need to boycott all Muslim businesses; Investigate every single Muslim family in the country and boot out PERMANENTLY any of them who support in any way, shape or form, what has happened.

NO MORE MONEY TO MUSLIMS!

12 posted on 09/23/2001 2:09:27 PM PDT by nagdt

One fundamental tenet of guerilla warfare is that when you have an opposing force which operates from sanctuary, you will eventually lose. If they have a place from which they can recruit followers, train them, and send them off against you, eventually they're going to wear you down. As long as we just concentrate on taking out replacable "grunts", long term we will lose

So what is our most important target? The anti-American Muslim clerics. They're the ones who are doing the recruiting and indoctrination. As long as they can operate openly and without response, we have a problem

But the clerics do not operate in a vacuum. Do they have day jobs? I doubt it. The clerics are getting their expenses paid from somewhere. Follow the money.

If we can neutralize the clerics, and the money-people behind the clerics, then we have a chance

13 posted on 09/23/2001 2:11:15 PM PDT by SauronOfMordor

>"The zeal of the early Christians for martyrdom...

I'm not sure I completely understand the thrust of your post, but I believe you're midjudging the nature of the early Christian's approach to death. Not only is it in no way similar to the Islamic suicide route to heaven, in almost all ways it is the exact opposite.

The early Christians were defined by a very weird thing: They didn't fight. When the Romans sentenced them to fight lions or gladiators or whatever, the Christians just wouldn't fight. This frustrated the Romans because 1) they wanted "sport;" and 2) it was hard to characterize Christians as _evil_ if they were so kind hearted that they wouldn't even bring themselves to fight someone in defense of their own life.

This Christian stance was not a "zeal for martyrdom" but rather a deep acceptance of a complex cosmology in which Christians understand that there is something very special about humans and, just because some human beings don't see reality as deeply as some Christians and just because some humans may choose to do harm to others, there is strong Scriptural support (and, presumably in the pre-Scriptural days, strong oral tradition) supporting Christians who choose to acccept -- accept, not embrace -- their own death rather than risk what would be for them the commitment of a sin themselves. (I'm not going to get into Scriptural specifics, but there are many.)

As early as the writing of Marcus Aurelius we see the Roman "elites" struggling with this bizarre Christian trait and trying to come to terms with it. The Establishment (Gibbon simply presents a modern Establishment interpretation) has struggled with it for centuries. Almost always the Establishment seeks to cast the Christians as unbalanced mentally one way or another, and totally disregards the rather complex world-view which provides a context for the acceptance. (But, again, it's important to recognize that this has nothing to do with the Islamic view that suicides in some "holy" cause "earn" a place in "heaven." This isn't about taking action, but rather about refraining from action.)

This is why the global elites never have to worry about a "Fundamentalist Christian" revolt similar to the Muslim revolt -- many Christians, of course, have been great soldiers and many war-like cultures have, umm, adapted Scripture to suport the export of death and destruction. But really serious study of Christianity, really pure fundamentalist Christianity, always comes down to this odd characteristic of the early Church, and, of course, the extensive Scriptural support for the belief. Fundamentalist Christians may support the death penalty for criminals, but it's just impossible to imagine a fundamentalist Christian going out and killing innocent women and children to make a political or cultural point. It's just totally against any kind of meaningful, broadbased interpretation of Scripture and the early Church. Mark W.

14 posted on 09/23/2001 2:39:14 PM PDT by MarkWar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: nagdt
The more I read, the more I believe we need to boycott all Muslim businesses; Investigate every single Muslim family in the country and boot out PERMANENTLY any of them who support in any way, shape or form, what has happened.

Sorry to disagree with you but we are not at war with the Muslims. We're at war with the extremists who advocate the killing of Americans. If the Moderate Muslims wish to aid and abet these extremists then they should pay the price. Never alienate potential allies if you can help it. As Churchill said , "If Hitler invaded hell," he told his secretary John Colville, "I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons."

15 posted on 09/23/2001 2:51:27 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Hoosier Patriot
They hate us. They want us all dead.

The reason for the search and post is I wanted to find out who we’re fighting. “They” turn out to be the extremists, many of Muslim persuasion, that have been advocating for years the death of Americans. Now these extremists have our attention (careful what you wish for) and we are in the process of dismantling their terrorist network by any means necessary.

16 posted on 09/23/2001 3:10:34 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: SauronOfMordor
One fundamental tenet of guerrilla warfare is that when you have an opposing force which operates from sanctuary, you will eventually lose.

Good post.

17 posted on 09/23/2001 3:13:34 PM PDT by xinga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Too bad that the feel-good folks are avoiding threads like this one.

They continue with the illusion that we can reason with terrorists, and the vast majority of muslims are loving, innocent, compassionate...
A classical example of clinical cognitive dissonance?

I have just one question for those folks: do you really think that if there are 11 million Muslims in the U.S., not a single one was aware of the terrorist plans, the network and their method of hiding among them?

I don't believe it for a New York minute!

18 posted on 09/23/2001 3:22:33 PM PDT by publius911

Comment #19 Removed by Moderator

Good post. Keep posting it to wake up people. Many here on FR as well.
20 posted on 09/23/2001 3:24:19 PM PDT by Lent

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-34 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson