Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Osama Bin Laden didn't do it, says Israel's military intelligence service
Jane's Foreign Report ^ | 19 September 2001 | Janes

Posted on 09/19/2001 4:49:08 AM PDT by eauz

Israel’s military intelligence service, Aman, suspects that Iraq is the state that sponsored the suicide attacks on the New York Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington. Directing the mission, Aman officers believe, were two of the world’s foremost terrorist masterminds: the Lebanese Imad Mughniyeh, head of the special overseas operations for Hizbullah, and the Egyptian Dr Ayman Al Zawahiri, senior member of Al-Qaeda and possible successor of the ailing Osama Bin Laden.

See the source URL for more information.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

1 posted on 09/19/2001 4:49:08 AM PDT by eauz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

To: eauz
Your headline is incorrect. For the purposes of archiving information on this web site, we're supposed to kep the original titles intact as it helps to prevent multiple posting.

The actual title reads:

Who did it? Foreign Report presents an alternative view

3 posted on 09/19/2001 4:54:54 AM PDT by piasa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Comment #4 Removed by Moderator

To: piasa
Glad you pointed that out. When posting ariticles we should ALWAYS use the ORIGINAL headline. If you have something to add then you can put it in parenthesis.

BTW, I'm sure Bin Laden was involved with this but I'm not surprised that there would also be Iraqi involvement as well. Have you all noticed how QUIET Saddam Hussein has been about this?

5 posted on 09/19/2001 4:58:49 AM PDT by PJ-Comix
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

"Dr Ayman Al Zawahiri, senior member of Al-Qaeda and possible successor of the ailing Osama Bin Laden. "

What the H kind of logic is this -- it wasn't ObL, it was his underling... so ObL gets a free pass ??

I don't think so!

7 posted on 09/19/2001 4:59:32 AM PDT by Ed_in_NJ

To: piasa
Sorry about changing the headline. Won't happen again.
8 posted on 09/19/2001 5:00:01 AM PDT by eauz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I think it More probable that all are connected. Bin Laden being one, Powell said as much Tuesday or Wed.

Bin Laden is Obviously connected to this outrage, for anyone to think elsewise is either blind or a fool.

9 posted on 09/19/2001 5:00:08 AM PDT by Japedo

To: eauz, sidebar moderator
You can request it be changed
10 posted on 09/19/2001 5:01:57 AM PDT by RedBloodedAmerican
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Samaritan
I note the Israelis didn't exclude Bin Laden's organization. But I think they're right its bigger than him and it was probably a cooperative undertaking pursued by a number of terrorist groups organized and directed by Iraqi intelligence. It certainly corrobates other evidence that's come to light and needs to be looked into. Whoever the state sponsor of the attacks on New York and Washington D.C turns out to be one thing is clear: there is no way the terrorist groups could have pulled off such a complex and sophisticated operation on their own without outside assistance. Iraq is probably the leading candidate, but once there is more info it can be established to what extent they were behind last week's events.
11 posted on 09/19/2001 5:02:36 AM PDT by goldstategop
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

It is in Israel's best interest to expand the scope of our retaliation as far as possible, so I'm not sure this is a reliable source.
12 posted on 09/19/2001 5:02:43 AM PDT by Rockitz

If bin Laden didn't do this one, he'l do the next one. Better kill them both just to be on the safe side.
13 posted on 09/19/2001 5:03:09 AM PDT by Maceman

To: Ed_in_NJ
They're all linked ... including the nations that are quickly diving for cover by giving lip-service to our cause.

So once again we meet the murderer of William Buckley... my, I would like to catch this SOB and introduce him to some old sauk-fox techniques for treating the enemy.

Bin Laden is a schoolboy in comparison with Mughniyeh," says an Israeli who knows Mughniyeh . "The guy is a genius, someone who refined the art of terrorism to its utmost level. We studied him and reached the conclusion that he is a clinical psychopath motivated by uncontrollable psychological reasons, which we have given up trying to understand. The killing of his two brothers by the Americans only inflamed his strong motivation."

14 posted on 09/19/2001 5:03:51 AM PDT by piasa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

No problem- not everyone knows why it is so important to keep the main headline. But sometimes articles are published under multiple titles in different outlets.
15 posted on 09/19/2001 5:05:32 AM PDT by piasa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Rockitz
The guy's got a US price on his head anyway. Getting him would be in our interests too.
16 posted on 09/19/2001 5:08:31 AM PDT by piasa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Bogus headlines (unidentified as such) SUCK!
17 posted on 09/19/2001 5:09:06 AM PDT by harpu

I have to agree with the Israelis. The Iraqi's have been gunning for us since Desert Storm. They starved their own people to death and blamed us. Bin Laden is just a soldier in that terrorist army. Some government is propping it up. And I think the Iranians suspect Saddam as well.
18 posted on 09/19/2001 5:12:04 AM PDT by AppyPappy

To: Ed_in_NJ
He is already wanted and convicted of other crimes. He is still a prime target even if evidence shows that he had nothting at all to do with this.
19 posted on 09/19/2001 5:14:59 AM PDT by Flint
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Flint
In all likelihood, Bin Laden was a 'contractor' under Hussein's money. The Oklahoma City bombing also had connections to Iraq - even if the information was buried.
20 posted on 09/19/2001 5:19:11 AM PDT by SKYDRIFTER
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson