Skip to comments.

Cheney: Hero Passengers Foiled Terror Attack on Washington
NewsMax ^ | Sunday Sept. 16, 2001 | Carl Limbacher

Posted on 09/16/2001 12:01:30 PM PDT by Bob Evans

Cheney: Hero Passengers Foiled Terror Attack on Washington

Link to NewsMax page

Carl Limbacher
Sunday Sept. 16, 2001

Heroic passengers who attacked terrorists on Tuesday aboard hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 "foiled" the planned attack on Washington, Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday.

"I think the Washington part of the attack was significantly interfered with," he told NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Clearly, we know the plane that crashed outside Pittsburgh was headed for Washington. We know it was part of the scheme -- (Jeremy) Glick and others, (Thomas) Burnett, were very courageous when they made that decision (to attack the hijackers) knowing that they were doomed."

Instead of reaching Washington, Flight 93 slammed into a field at Shanksville, Pa., at an horrific 500 mph. The crash is believed to be the result of actions taken by passengers like Glick and Burnett who knew they were doomed after learning via cell calls home that two other aircraft had just slammed into New York's Twin Towers.

"I called Mrs. Glick yesterday, as a matter of fact," Cheney told MTP host Tim Russert. "I haven't been able to reach Mrs. Burnett yet but I want to call her too. I'm sure there were probably others on the aircraft who helped.

"What they did was to foil, I think, the attack on Washington," the vice president said.

I urge all to use the link provided above to contact the Vice President and President and request that these Hero's be given medals for stopping their plane (And dying in doing so) from being crashed into another target.

TOPICS: Extended News; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/16/2001 12:01:30 PM PDT by Bob Evans (bob0159@pacbell.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Bob Evans
Does anyone know the condition of the flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder from the Pennsylvania crash site? I've seen conflicting reports in the press. Some say they were too badly damaged while others say they were found in good condition.
2 posted on 09/16/2001 12:06:13 PM PDT by Zap Brannigan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Zap Brannigan
Last night they had partial transcripts of the PA box printed somewhere (on this forum?).
It was the Pentagon box that has been indicated to be unusable.
3 posted on 09/16/2001 12:09:49 PM PDT by Slyfox
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Every generation of Americans has, at some point, been called upon to stand in the gap. Our hour has come. May all of us draw upon the resolve and strength shown by those passengers, even as they faced certain death, to take that stand for freedom and liberty. To do less would soil their sacrifice.

Let us not forget; we are not at war with Islam. We are at war with barbarians who pervert the sacred teachings of that great religion for their own putrid goals. Their only resemblance to civilized humanity is the fact that they walk upright.

Let us be firm in our resolve to do what must be done. No trials, no courts, no Miranda readings. No, they must be hunted down and disposed of like the rabid vermin they are.

To do less would be to stand aside and let barbarism triumph over freedom. To those to harbor and welcome this tyranny, I say to you; OVER MY DEAD BODY.

To those who, even now, are moving to stand in the gap; welcome aboard...let's send 'em to hell!

4 posted on 09/16/2001 12:18:11 PM PDT by seadevil

To: all
bttt
5 posted on 09/16/2001 12:25:56 PM PDT by seadevil
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I called both of my Georgia Senators the other day to urge them to award these men, Tom Burnett and Jefemy Glick, whatever the highest civilian award for valor is.

Also, these men should be held up as model citizens. Americans who act on their own to defend themselves or others. Citizens are on the front lines of this fight and wwe should be ready, willing and able to act individually if we need to.

6 posted on 09/16/2001 1:23:13 PM PDT by rebel

To: rebel
Way to go Cheney!! I was afraid the media would try to minimize this, as they tend to do with all individual self defense. Vice President's Cheneys words make me all the more glad that I voted for Bush!

These men are heros, and a TV movie needs to be made of their actions, as examples for the rest of us.

7 posted on 09/16/2001 1:53:01 PM PDT by marktwain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: marktwain
bttt
8 posted on 09/16/2001 4:26:49 PM PDT by seadevil
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: all ... here is the contact page for the White House
Contacting the White House A:link { text-decoration: none } A:active { text-decoration: none } A:visited { text-decoration: none } A:hover { color: #003399; text-decoration: underline }
skip to content text only skip to search President News and Policies Vice President History and Tours First Lady Search
Return to home page.
Your Government Kids Only En Español Contact Privacy Policy Site Map

Library Connections
Accessibility
Contact
Help
Privacy Policy
Search
Site Map

Picture of FirstGov logo.
Search U.S. Government Web Sites

West Wing Connections
Policies in Focus
Overview
Education
Tax Relief
Defense
Social Security
Medicare
Faith-Based & Community
En Español

News & Features

Current News
Kids Only
Tee-ball
Photo Essays
 Home > Contact

Contacting the White House

En Español

The White House Mailing Address

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

To Extend an Invitation

Please follow these guidelines to extend an invitation to the President, Vice President, Mrs. Bush, or Mrs. Cheney.

The White House Phone Numbers

SWITCHBOARD: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461
TTY/TDD Phone Numbers (for the Hearing Impaired Only)

202-456-6213 Comment Line
202-395-0805 Equal Employment Opportunity Office
202-456-2121 Visitors Office

White House E-Mail Addresses

President George W. Bush: president@whitehouse.gov
Vice President Dick Cheney: vice.president@whitehouse.gov
Laura Bush: first.lady@whitehouse.gov
Lynne Cheney: mrs.cheney@whitehouse.gov

The White House Web Master

To comment on the web page or to report an error, please send feedback to the Web Development Team.

En Español

President  |  Vice President  |  First Lady  |  Mrs. Cheney  |  News & Policies  | 
History & ToursKids  |  Your Government  |  Appointments  |  ContactText only

Accessibility  |  Search  |  Privacy Policy  |  Help

9 posted on 09/16/2001 6:51:13 PM PDT by Bob Evans

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson