Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

This will make you really mad!!
Fox news, John Gibson Interview on tv ^ | September 15, 2001 | John Gibson/ Ron Williams, retired Secret Service

Posted on 09/15/2001 3:01:04 PM PDT by Prodigal Daughter

I just transcribed part of an interview by John Gibson that took place at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday September 15, 2001.

Sorry if this information has already been posted here.

Guest Ron Williams, retired Secret Service agent.

John Gibson: ...Does it make more sense in attacking terrorism to fight a dirty war? to hire spies, to hire assassins, to hire people to go in to put a bullet in Osama Bin Laden's head or for that matter, in Saddam Hussein's head or does it make more sense to call out the troops, put them in uniform, ship them overseas and grind out a war?

Ron Williams: Let me address that, first of all, I thought former Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel articulated who the enemy is on a worldwide basis and that is the militant Islamic radicals. From a worldwide standpoint, he took the focus off of just one man and that is Osama Bin Laden. There's a much deeper problem here, we have a cancer at the very core of Islam and Islam, the moderates or the people who believe in a holy god and believe in peace, have got to eradicate this strain of cancer out of their system, and it starts in our own country.

John Gibson: Are you saying the responsibility for getting these radicals who would wage war on the world, is essentially Muslims themselves or ours?

Ron Williams: I think that it has to start with the Muslims themselves and then we also have to be a part of that eradication but in our own country, we have allowed this radical moslem fundamentalism.--

John Gibson: Well evidently I mean they were down in Florida driving red sportscars and drinking at bars and attending flight school, and I would venture to guess that in today's atmosphere that sort of thing is going to stop, even even in a country that observes civil rights for all kinds of people, that's going to stop, my question I guess to you now is how is that going to stop? how would we stop this going on in places like Florida, Minnesota and other places where these people train?

Ron Williams, Well I think that one thing that we have to identify is what is the enemy within our own country, within the United States. We have allowed some of the militant Islamic radicals to operate within our own country and I'll give you an example, I was particularly incensed yesterday when Dr. Siddiqi was at the National Cathedral at president's prayer when on October 28, 2000, he was outside the White House with 5,000 demonstrators sponsored by Hizbollah and Hamas, shouting "Kaibar Kaibar, oh Jew: Mohammed's army's coming after you, Death to the Jew, Death to America." He spoke at that rally and we have allowed this type of thing to permeate and--

John Gibson: Bur Ron you know, I mean you're not going to get United States Supreme Court to say that we can go out and arrest people for saying offensive things what we can arrest them for is saying things that amount to a conspiracy to blow things up and hurt people.

Ron Williams: That's exactly right, but I think also that also in the last several years the CIA has been restricted---

(Yeah, John, but if a Catholic leader or a Protestant leader or a Jewish leader spoke at a rally where they said, "Death to the atheist, satanist, Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Moslem, etc." they would be shunned, disgraced, and not allowed to speak at a national event, much less a prayer service.)

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

1 posted on 09/15/2001 3:01:04 PM PDT by Prodigal Daughter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: TrueBeliever9, 2sheep, Thinkin' Gal, babylonian, JeremiahJr., dennisw, Lent, Zadokite, fishtank
Bump.
2 posted on 09/15/2001 3:03:36 PM PDT by Prodigal Daughter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Prodigal Daughter
...And priests are thrown into jail for praying at abortuaries...

GOD save our nation...

3 posted on 09/15/2001 3:05:47 PM PDT by Joe 6-pack

Yeah, weird the KKK is not tolerated and this is.
4 posted on 09/15/2001 3:07:19 PM PDT by KillerWabbit

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

I've posted the following on a couple other threads...and I'll say it again:

I have a question. Lots of posters say that there are "good" moslems. That islam is not a violent religion, and does not condone terrorism.

We know that moslems can declare a "Fatwa". Bin Laden and Arafat have promulgated and used terror, and killed innocent men, women, and children. If in fact their religion rejects such acts, when will a fatwa be declared against these vermin? Surely, their actions besmirch Islam to a far greater extent than did the novelist Salman Rushdie - who was rewarded with a death sentence in a fatwa.

Unless, of course, Islam doesn't really object to murderous terrorists....

6 posted on 09/15/2001 3:10:05 PM PDT by neutrino (neutrino)

Thank you for posting this for those who did not see FNC.It is to bad that many in our country and here on FR do not realise what is in our midst.

There are only two sides in any war.

7 posted on 09/15/2001 3:13:00 PM PDT by porte des morts

To: neutrino, RnMomof7, Zadokite, all
I just found this, Why was this thread pulled? RnMomof7 is already on the case! (and we better save the threads before they get pulled).
8 posted on 09/15/2001 3:13:40 PM PDT by Prodigal Daughter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

This is amazing and yet people are boo-hooing about a broken window in some mosque and a small protest outside of one. Unbelievable this kind of thing by Islamics is being tolerated and allowed.
9 posted on 09/15/2001 3:18:19 PM PDT by FITZ

Bump.
10 posted on 09/15/2001 3:19:28 PM PDT by Campion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

I just saved it...the link you posted has already been pulled!
11 posted on 09/15/2001 3:23:53 PM PDT by neutrino (neutrino)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

One reson why one shouldn't paint with too broad a brush in regards to muslims, is the fact that alot of blacks in our country purport to be muslim, and wisdom will tell you to be careful to not offend those who might cut your throat from behind.

I prefer we should to talk less, and bite more.

Any muslim in our country that utters a word against our war against the terrrorists that have brought this to our nation, should be deported or interned in a place that is easily watched , until such time as the war is over and things return to an acceptable level of saftey.

12 posted on 09/15/2001 3:23:58 PM PDT by DainBramage

Whoever invited this "Holy Man" to our somber National Service of Mourning yesterday, and allowed him to be the first speaker, owes America an apology, and should slink silently away before we get a hold of him!
13 posted on 09/15/2001 3:30:31 PM PDT by Publius6961

Just because the guy gave a speach doesn't mean he agreed with those who were chanting. I just found an article about him...I'll post it.
14 posted on 09/15/2001 3:34:01 PM PDT by Born in a Rage

What an idiot, we even prevent pro-lifers from protesting at hospitals. Why should we let Jews and Christians also be intimidated from speaking on US soil by a bunch of leftists and islamists who hate America and Israel.
15 posted on 09/15/2001 3:36:42 PM PDT by lavaroise

Hey this cleric was just acting as a good deomcrap. BTW the NOI will issue its statement Monday regarding the bombing.

Calypso louie will have returned from the mother ship then.

16 posted on 09/15/2001 3:40:59 PM PDT by dts32041

Thank you..I was told the thread was pulled because there was NO SOURCE..and that many freepers said no such thing was on Fox..I wait to see if this gets pulled too..
17 posted on 09/15/2001 3:46:04 PM PDT by RnMomof7

To: Prodigal Daughter,George W. Bush
(Yeah, John, but if a Catholic leader or a Protestant leader or a Jewish leader spoke at a rally where they said, "Death to the atheist, satanist, Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Moslem, etc." they would be shunned, disgraced, and not allowed to speak at a national event, much less a prayer service.)

If a cleric called abortionist a murderer,or a homosexual a sodomite he would be too hot to put up there too..it is all about political correctness..except of course if you happen to be a Christian or Jew!

18 posted on 09/15/2001 3:49:13 PM PDT by RnMomof7

To: neutrino
Well the guy on Fox news earlier would have you believe that based on a quote about taking care of orphans they are good non violent people..their religion has been kidnapped..

Apparently they are helpless to retrieve it .

19 posted on 09/15/2001 3:52:02 PM PDT by RnMomof7
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: RnMomof7, Prodigal Daughter, all
Islamic Society of North America President Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi
20 posted on 09/15/2001 3:54:47 PM PDT by Born in a Rage
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson