Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Bush on TV, in tears, vows victory! (my title)
TV News | 9/13

Posted on 09/13/2001 8:25:10 AM PDT by ArcLight

Did you guys see this? He said defeating the terrorists was now the supreme goal of his administration. He said we are in a war and we will proceed to victory. And then, when some one asked him about the prayers he was saying, he bowed his head and said, "well, you know, I'm a pretty loving guy, and..." and started to break up. He kept control, said a few more words, then left.

God, I'm glad this guy is president! A sane, decent human being.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081 next last

1 posted on 09/13/2001 8:25:10 AM PDT by ArcLight
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: ArcLight
yeah but are you watching Bush Sr. here? Yikes why is he joking. Why is he talking about how he came to CIA? I'm confused....he's on CNN right now....
2 posted on 09/13/2001 8:28:43 AM PDT by gopwhit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

That's a real man folks. A real man!
3 posted on 09/13/2001 8:29:03 AM PDT by isthisnickcool

It was remarkable! I had to endure the Idiot Katie Couric, (only one channel on the office TV) but it was worth it all the same.

My God Bless Him!

4 posted on 09/13/2001 8:30:22 AM PDT by TonyInOhio

ArcLight, that moved me greatly as well. They were genuine tears, the kind we all feel when we really think about what has happened.
5 posted on 09/13/2001 8:30:52 AM PDT by Dahoser

He is truly an amazing man. The genuiness of his emotions is in stark contrast to the previous occupant of the White House.

Whatever those idiots on TV say about him, I have nothing but confidence that he is the one you want in charge of this situation, and that the appropriate action will be taken. I never cry, but I was damn near in tears myself watching him. This is a man who knows exactly what needs to be done, and will have no problem in raining down vengance.

While the victims and their families should be first in our prayers, our President should be the next one we pray for as he will need all his strength, determination and resolve in the coming days.

6 posted on 09/13/2001 8:31:44 AM PDT by frmrda

God works in mysterious ways. Buchanan took enough votes from the dummies in Palm Beach to keep Gore from winning. Can you imagine Gore as President.
7 posted on 09/13/2001 8:32:01 AM PDT by A+Bert (Outta here)

To: Hugh Akston Dog Issaquahking ABG(anybody but Gore) b4its2late lysander13135
BTT
8 posted on 09/13/2001 8:32:13 AM PDT by Neets
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: gopwhit
Fmr. Pres Bush is explaining the dirty business & necessity of "intelligence".
9 posted on 09/13/2001 8:33:38 AM PDT by LurkerNoMore!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

"God, I'm glad this guy is president! A sane, decent human being."

Although Dubya is not as articulate as one would want him to be, nevertheless most benign leaders have the qualities of character which those who have the gift of gab do not.....like one Bill Clinton for example...

10 posted on 09/13/2001 8:34:38 AM PDT by prognostigaator

Yes, this was touching and I am SO very thankful that he is at the helm and not the likes of Clinton, Gore, Carter, LBJ, etc.

I am still reeling over Peter Jenning's comment about him previous to that! He HAD to bring up the fact that BUsh won by a small margin and "many Americans have this in mind"...or to that effect. I have HAD IT with Jennings!! I am livid and sick of him being on the air. It is time to get a REAL AMERICAN behind the microphone, ABC! Get Jennings off!

GO BUSH!!!!!!!!

11 posted on 09/13/2001 8:34:42 AM PDT by Swede Girl

W. know that retaliation will be fierce and the destruction will be immense.
12 posted on 09/13/2001 8:34:56 AM PDT by 1Old Pro

>>God, I'm glad this guy is president<<

Yes.

The letters to salon.com today contain this from Sheila Fyfe, "I can't tell you the number of times I heard, "God, I wish we had Bill Clinton back again."

As far as I am concerned, Sheila, the blood of our dead is on your hands.

13 posted on 09/13/2001 8:35:51 AM PDT by Jim Noble

Just when I think I can't have more admiration or respect for the man....he moves me, the ice queen, to tears....
14 posted on 09/13/2001 8:36:09 AM PDT by hispanarepublicana

Come on! Your title is very misleading! I don't want people who missed it to think our President pulled a Clinton and boo-hooed. I watched it too, and the President only barely teared up at the VERY END of the news conference when he was asked how he personally was praying and thinking about what has happened. Throughout the rest of the news conference President Bush showed a STEELY resolve. He teared up for maybe two seconds but sucked it up and said, with fire in his eyes, "but I have a job to do. And I am going to do it." It was a fabulous, unscripted performance that should shut up the media a-holes that are carping about him. I was pounding on my desk with pride in this President!!!!!

He is headed NOW for Washington Hospital Center to visit victims of the Pentagon attack and thank the medical and rescue staff.

15 posted on 09/13/2001 8:36:14 AM PDT by Dems_R_Losers

"Defeating the terrorists".

They don't know what they have started, but they are about to find out.

Eagles Up, GW.

sw

16 posted on 09/13/2001 8:38:00 AM PDT by spectre

To: LurkerNoMore!
Oh definitely it was a good message. I just saw him chuckling and was a little nervous for him.....but he's right on the money. It came down to Intelligence and how their resources have been cut off for the last 8 years....
17 posted on 09/13/2001 8:38:18 AM PDT by gopwhit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: A+Bert
Just got off the phone with my mom. She is a die-hard Dem, and watched Bush's speech. She was in tears, she was so moved by it. Said she feels like a traitor (to the Dems), but she really doesn't think Gore could have handled this situation.

That was one of the most powerful speeches I have ever heard in my life. Compassionate, but strong. Even though he had tears in his eyes, he was not wimpy at all. George W. Bush is an amazing man, and I am so thankful that he is our president.

God bless America.

18 posted on 09/13/2001 8:38:31 AM PDT by Siouxz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

God bless him and guide him in these perilous hours. I have to believe that Mr. Bush was put in the office for this time and place. Put your faith in God and do what is right, Mr. President.
19 posted on 09/13/2001 8:38:56 AM PDT by Walkin Man

To: ArcLight,To All
Now is the time for ALL TRUE Americans to UNITE and stand behind President Bush!
Any political differences should be put aside during this time of America's darkest hours.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

God Bless America!
V is for VICTORY!
What We as Americans Can Do
1) Pray
2) Give blood and whatever else the Red Cross calls for.
3) Support our military and law enforcement.
4) Never talk to ANYONE
in person, on a phone line, in an e-mail, in a chat room,
on an internet instant messenger or post on any forum
any military troop movement information or law enforcement information
that would endanger our troops or hinder law enforcement efforts.

LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS!
20 posted on 09/13/2001 8:39:00 AM PDT by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub (LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS!)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson