Prayers requested during week of 8/19/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/12/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/05/01

Prayers requested during week of 7/29/01

Previous Prayer Threads

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Micah 7
7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

Psalm 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Psalm 61
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
6 Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.
7 He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
8 So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

God Bless America

1 posted on 09/12/2001 4:22:33 AM PDT by billbears
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

To: billbears
Lord, please help all those involved in the rescue, and keep them safe. Please sooth those who mourn the loss of their loved ones. And Lord please protect all of our service men and women no matter where they are. amen
3 posted on 09/12/2001 6:20:32 AM PDT by firewalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father, remember the cries of Your people. Hear the anquish of all who have lost loved ones and friends in this despicable act of cowardice! Make of us one great nation, under Your direction, with Your blessings, to rout this evil that has placed such a gash upon the face of this world created by You for us! Grant no quarter, no sustenance, no peace, no prosperity to any persons involved in any way with the execution of our citizens!

Father, Almighty God, I beg You to send strong angels to the rescuers. Permit these angels to lend their strength in finding survivors. Allow them to help hold up parts of these collapsed buildings so that the afflicted can be found and brought out alive. Quickly Father, time is so very precious right now...send other healing angels to all trapped alive in the rubble to give them strength and keep them alive until our rescuers can reach them. Give our medical workers Your skill and tremendous speed in binding up and healing their wounds. Do not allow that any person still alive under these buildings be overlooked or forgotten. Comfort the families of the fallen, provide for their every need, wipe their tears away, be a father and mother to the children who have lost their parents, and do not let any of these young souls slip through Your fingers. Thank You Father! In Jesus' name...Amen!

4 posted on 09/12/2001 7:52:19 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy

bump

He shall not be afraid of evil tiding: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.
Psalm 112:7-8

5 posted on 09/12/2001 8:47:18 PM PDT by apackof2

To: LeeMcCoy
Amen AND amen. And Father return this woman's daughter, Betsy, to her restored and healed. Open communications from her. God bless America, in Jesus name. Amen and amen.
6 posted on 09/13/2001 4:38:14 AM PDT by Ff--150
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

God bless America, may we find peace and justice.
7 posted on 09/14/2001 4:40:40 AM PDT by mustapha mond

We have been praying for our country and all thats going on everyday.Will join you in prayer. I have an Urgent prayer request. My sister Dorothy, found her husband late this afternoon laying in a pool of blood,he is having an intestinal bleed and will not let her take him to the hospital or call 911. He is very combative right now. She had the mass taken off of her breast earlier this week and the doctor told her yesterday that it is cancer and they must take the whole breast off. Thank you for your prayers. God bless each of you.
8 posted on 09/14/2001 9:14:06 PM PDT by sam I am

We have been praying for our country and all thats going on everyday.Will join you in prayer. I have an Urgent prayer request. My sister Dorothy, found her husband late this afternoon laying in a pool of blood,he is having an intestinal bleed and will not let her take him to the hospital or call 911. He is very combative right now. She had the mass taken off of her breast earlier this week and the doctor told her yesterday that it is cancer and they must take the whole breast off. Thank you for your prayers. God bless each of you.
9 posted on 09/14/2001 9:19:28 PM PDT by sam I am

To: sam I am
sam and all are in my prayers.
10 posted on 09/14/2001 9:23:22 PM PDT by fatima
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: sam I am,billbears, GalFromTheBay,Lee McCoy, ALL
Prayers sent.

My husband related a sad story to me tonight. One of the men that my husband worked with recently, has a sister and mother that are missing. His sister worked in the WTC. I am not clear on where he obtained his information, but when the first plane hit, his sister was told to go back to her desk by her employer, she was not permitted to leave.

His mother did not work in the towers, but he has not heard from her.The mom and sister shared an apartment somewhere close by.

Compounding all this, his father died just a few months ago. I do not know the man's name, but I'm sure there are more stories like these. Please pray for this young man, no matter what the outcome.

11 posted on 09/14/2001 10:25:16 PM PDT by pubmom

To: pubmom
God bless them.
12 posted on 09/15/2001 6:25:05 AM PDT by Ff--150
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: sam I am
Father,

Heal this man totally and keep satan out of their lives so God may heal him,
in Jesus name
Amen and amen.

13 posted on 09/15/2001 6:30:04 AM PDT by Ff--150

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson