Skip to comments.Teachers who stomped American flag, Jesus are officially no longer teaching
Posted on 03/30/2013 10:06:04 AM PDT by Dallas59
You dont tug on Supermans cape. You dont spit into the wind. You dont pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger. And, as two educators have recently learned, its also generally good advice to avoid stomping on Jesus and the American flag in public schools.
The Florida Atlantic University instructor who asked students to step on the word Jesus has been placed on administrative leave on the same day that the high school teacher in South Carolina who stomped on an American flag in front of his students way back in December finally resigned.
The incident in South Carolina first flared up when Scott Compton, an honors English teacher at Chapin High School in Chapin, S.C., was placed on long-term administrative leave after he threw an American flag on the floor and stomped on it in front of his students.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
1) All socialist-entitlement government owned and run schools in this nation are godless in their worldview, curriculum, assignments, and policies. They are that way by law. This is not good. And...**NO** good teacher would agree to seek a job in a place that forced this religiously NON-neutral educational philosophy on children and the taxpayer.
2) All socialist entitlement government owned and run schools are compulsory for any child whose parents can not ransom them. Children in these schools risk learning to be comfortable with government police-enforced compulsion and they risk learning to be comfortable with accepting a tax coerced socialist entitlement. This is not good, and a good teacher would NEVER accept a job that forces this on the children and the taxpayer.
3) Nearly all government owned and run K-12 schools resemble prisons. The children risk learning to be comfortable prisoners of the state. This is not good, and good teachers would never accept or seek such a teaching position.
I could list many more reasons why a good government owned and run K-12 school can not exist and why no good teachers can be found in one. but the above should be enough to a reader to get the idea.
I bet this “educator” would never dream of stomping on the Koran.
In many counties, and even entire states, this could be accomplished immediately if Christians and conservatives removed their children. But....Gee! I guess the free babysitting, cheer leading, and football is very addicting.
Good, and ya don’t mess around with Jim!
Mormons belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
So, kinda by definition - we believe that Jesus, the only begotten son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, is the one true path to salvation.
Don’t know where other people get the arrogance to call us “not Christian”. You will likely never see another Mormon say such a thing to any other person who is of a different faith. We call this “respect”.
We use the King James Bible, just like you; plus we have other sets of scriptures that supplement the KJB. If you were to look at one of our scriptures (any one, take your pick) and open it up to any page (randomly finger through one) - you would see that nearly 20-30% of each page is used to cross-reference the KJB, both Old and New Testaments, as well as our other scriptures. These sets of scriptures compliments each other and the KJB; they do not contradict it. Feel free to borrow a set from a member, and critically examine it - we welcome the investigation. In fact, that’s what we call people who visit the church and seek to learn more - investigators. You see, what is important is for you to believe, having done your own research, using our own free will, using whatever tools you feel are appropriate. Read, take your time, ask questions if you wish - or do it privately. All we ask is that you perform 1 task at some point during your investigation.
Kneel down at your bed, in private, and in sincerity pray to God and ask Him to send the Holy Ghost to testify as to the truthfulness or falseness of what you have discovered. Entirely your call.
Perhaps this is why the student was willing to stand up and raise his voice against authority. He had a personal testimony - as opposed to being of a faith merely because his parents forced him to attend a particular church.
Keith Walker quote from Dave Mitchells book, Challenge to Investigate:
1. The LDS say my church (traditional Christianity) was hatched in hell (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Volume 6, page 176).
2. My Christianity is perverted and apostate (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 132).
3. My church is the church of the devil (1 Nephi 14:10).
4. My church is wrong. (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith History 1:18-19, as was state above).
5. My church is the anti-Christ (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 40).
6. My church is evil and is the Whore of Babylon (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, page138).
7. My church is leading me to hell. (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, page 419).
8. My church will be hewn down and cast into the fire of no return (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 139).
9. My Heavenly Father is imaginary (Apostle Parley P. Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, page 39).
10. My Heavenly Father is invented (Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, page 426).
11. My Jesus is mythical (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, 269).
12. My triune God is a monster (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 372).
13. My creeds are an abomination (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith History 1:18-19, stated above).
14. My justification is pernicious (Joseph Fielding Smith, The Restoration of All Things, page 192).
15. My grace is a fallacious doctrine originated by Satan (Spencer W. Kimball, Miracle of Forgiveness, page 206).
16. My pastor is corrupt (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith History 1:18-19, stated above).
17. My pastor is presumptuous and blasphemous for performing marriages and offering communion (Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, page 55).
18. My Bible is untrustworthy (Book of Mormon, I Nephi 13:28).
19. I am a fool for believing in the Bible alone (Book of Mormon, II Nephi 29:6).
20. I am a child of the devil (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 138).
21. My baptism is invalid (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 192)
22. I am unforgiven (Rulon S. Wells, Conference report, April 1936, page 42).
23. I am damned (Bruce R. McConkie, The Millennial Messiah, page 77).
24. I know nothing of God (John Taylor, May 6, 1870, Journal of Discourses 13:225).
25. My hope of salvation is influenced by the devil (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 270).
26. I have no right to preach the gospel (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 136).
27. I am not a true Christian (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, page 132).
Then, when I attempt to offer any sort of disagreement or rebuttal, you [LDS] accuse me of hatred, bigotry and un-Christlike behavior. If that isnt enough, to add insult to injury, you want to steal my name and have me accept you as a Christian.
Thats not happening. What do you call something that insults you, never apologizes and in an attempt to convince you that it is just like you, cozies up to you because you have something it wants? My friends, that is called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (www. evidenceministries.org, Mormonisms Hypocritical Attack, March 2012).
You may as well just go ahead & ask the Admins to add “(Warning: Mormon fight thread)” to your thread title. It’s only a matter of time.
5, 4, 3, 2... (Sigh)
Some good news for a change.
Jesus is eternal. He always was. He was not created. The Bible clearly teaches that. Your Jesus cannot save because he’s not God. Therefore, you are not Christian, and that’s the end of the argument.
The opening volley in the New Inquisition that will force Christians to renounce their faith. Why does the left so detest Christianity? Conscience?
Why mormons are not Christians:
Freep-mail me to get on or off my pro-life and Catholic List:
Please ping me to note-worthy Pro-Life or Catholic threads, or other threads of general interest.
School boards don’t choose the curriculum any longer. Federal Common Core Curriculum is the current “diety.”
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Perhaps you haven't heard of the Bible? Seriously, before you throw down, I suggest you do some studying.
Since most of Christianity holds with the "Trinity" concept (Christ/God/Holy Ghost are all 3 different aspects of a single entity called "God") your statement is inherently false by your own faith's doctrine. I would suggest you consult your Priest/Preacher/Pastor for clarification on this. The LDS stance is that these are 3 distinct entities, united in purpose (The Father "God", his Son "Jesus" and the "Holy Spirit").
Why might so many “oldtimers” be visiting FreeRepublic less and less? Religious arguments which, by definition, cannot be won by either side.
Depends on which stae you live in.
wintertime has certain “issues” you might want to take anything he/she says with more than a grain of salt, like maybe a pound or two.
That wasn't so difficult after all. Keep cherry picking versus. In the meantime, I'll keep studying the WHOLE BIBLE. John 8:58
Thank you, verga. I didn’t know that. In California, we follow state and federal dictates.
When I saw ol’ “wintertime” up there, I just laughed and moved on. ;) She’s always been rabid.
“Im writing Obama on my toilet paper.”
Why? Do you hate your ass?
I live in VA and we pick some of our own. I heard Glenn Beck say that Texas had rejected one but picked a worse one. Another thread said that Scientology is involved in Common core. If that is true than we need everyone involved to get it out.
BTW are you sure wintertime is a she?
I think wintertime is a she...she tells lengthy stories about her home schooling genius, and I understood that she was a stay-at-home mom. She/he rants so much about schools...beyond reason. Something school-related hoisted one huge chip on his/her shoulder. ;)
While there I checked out some others. This one;
is worth the hour & 1/4. It's not some hate-filled screed, or anti- for the sake of being anti [Mormon], but using direct logic to show how Mormons (if they follow their church's own teachings) can never be forgiven, or know that they are, if they stick with Mormon formula, as described by Mormon notables, teachers, and their own BoM.
I would hope that those here whom complain (understandably) about too much religion being batted about on this site would go and see what the guy is talking about...it would go a VERY long way towards understanding why there are RC-Evangelical disputes also, for the Mormon positions are works-based methodology on steriods for earning grace (which definition of is unmerited favor, not something earned only after we "do all that we can do").
Some here do not understand what grace and forgiveness is, thinking that somehow, someway, we must have a hand in it. We do have some job in it, to simply accept and take hold & BELIEVE in the atonement. It is not merely a starting place...but continually flowing. It is by partaking of that flow itself, that we fulfill the commandment to eat and drink of His flesh & blood.
One may approach the bread from some various aspect or direction of considerations, but it is the unmerited favor which we must consume and make part of us. It is beyond unmerited, for it is our own fault He was crucified as surely as we were there ourselves ordering it to be done, beating him bloody, or having Him stand before us faultless yet ourselves stand back and let it all happen, if we weren't there along the road spitting and mocking, or hiding ourselves like the cowards we most all are (much like the original disciples) for fear we will be nailed up like He was (even though we deserve it, and He didn't). We were all there, that day...
He is Risen. He won. He defeated death, so that we may live. It is a free gift, but not to be taken lightly.
Easter Resurrection Day.
Leftists, when in power, always “progress” to get so full of their nasty selves, they expose the rot they are inside themselves. They are usually real sneaky...until they think they have total power and no one will smash them. In the past they have always cut their own throats.
Lord knows, Republicans (the stupid party) don’t have the wits to expose them so we have to wait until they expose themselves right in front of a Governer. Two leftist pigs nabbed; millions to go. : )
These two swine will progress to the public school system’s teacher union, cuz dey sooooo smart.
Now, let's add the fact that for several centuries, the Bible was kept hidden and controlled by the Catholic church to the level that it was only printed in Latin (so only priests could read it, and thereby interpret it). This was perhaps the landmark accomplishment of Martin Luther - in that he translated it into German - which immediately led to an uprising called the the The Reformation.
This led to the Peasant's War which resulted in the deaths of 100,000-300,000 souls, protesting the abuses that the people had suffered due to the Catholic church abusing the people, by being the sole guardians of the Word of God.
There is a reason why the Catholic Church suppressed the Dead Sea Scrolls for nearly 30 years. You see, the Dead Sea Scrolls passed through time uncorrupted by man. If you bother to examine the Dead Sea Scrolls and compare them against modern church doctine, you will find several serious "issues". The Dead Sea Scrolls do not present any conflicts to Mormons - gee, I wonder why that is?
So hustle off and worship your created god Elohim, and work to become a god yourself. Until Rev 20 kicks in.
Hell is hot. Eternity is long. John 8:58
I'll give you that, Hodar, for the same reason that I respect Roman Catholics for leading the fight on Obamacare and waking evangelicals up decades ago to why abortion needs to be fought. People who are in major disagreements on religious issues can still work together politically when our differing religious beliefs tell us to do the same thing in the sphere of civil government.
35 posted on 3/30/2013 1:40:40 PM by Ann Archy: "AMEN....I still cannot believe that ONLY ONE STUDENT COMPLAINED!! We are raising a nation of SHEEP!"
You are absolutely right. I hope there are a lot of other students in that class wishing right now they had the courage of their convictions.