Skip to comments.Mitt Romney made desperate push to save an unborn baby as a Mormon bishop
Posted on 10/25/2012 8:02:57 PM PDT by redtetrahedron
BOSTON, October 24, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) As a young Mormon bishop, Mitt Romney made a passionate attempt to stop a woman from aborting her child.
(Excerpt) Read more at lifesitenews.com ...
And if berating conservative FReepers who stand by their principles isn’t controlling, I don’t know what is.
Physician, heal thyself.
Oh, that is just so cute. Get that out of a book, or did you think of it yourself.
JR did what he did and caved, it was his choice, we get to do that in the USA (for the time being anyway).
So happy for you, I know it must be wonderful to feel so superior.......
One of these days you will learn the difference between truth and kool-aide, until then have fun
And you are a ... that can’t read or comprehend.
Prove your charge that people who oppose mormonISM are in an effort to reelect obama.
Your argument lacks reason and logic.
One day you will learn there is a difference between exposing momronISM and dissatisfaction with Romney, someday when you grow up and put your big boy pants on.
I do think it’s really cool you are practicing your mind reading ability however, maybe you could get a part-time circus job.
Romney said, “I am more pro-choice than Ted Kennedy”.
Romney is not pro-life.
huh? So how was it then that Romney supported free to low cost abortions?
I love that you are able to mind read, did you get a degree or did you come by it naturally.
wow, And you kiss your mother with that mouth.
I love that you think its ok, to kill a few babies as long as you don’t kill all of them.
How do you decide, enny minny monny mo?
psst Rape, incest, health of the mother account for 5% of abortions, so at 1.5 million a year that’s only 75,000 dismembered, burned to death, their brains sucked out, spinal cords cut skulls crushed......hey whats 75K, no biggie.
Has it ever occurred to you that there are people who are absolutely opposed to obama, and do not like Romney and want people who are supporting him to do it with their eyes opened.
I am in that category, I do not like Romney, I loath obama.
I know who Romney is, I know his history......will he be better than obama most defiantly.
Just support him knowing who he is and what his history is......it is annoying that there are conservatives who have started drinking Romney kool aide.
Open your eyes - know who Romney is ........ and vote for him.
And stop sounding like the kool aide drinkers that supported obama last time.
You are welcome to disagree.
But if you call me a baby-killer for disagreeing the discussion is over.
I did not call you a baby killer, interesting you brought that up.
I implied that you have no problem with the death of 75,000 babies a year, and apparently you do not as you repeated it.
Well look their concerns are valid but Obama has GOT to go, PERIOD. We can worry about Romney when Romney is in office.
Oh, I know. I spent the primary season supporting the leading non-Romney candidates. Romney managed to get through that test without slipping up while each of his opponents basically managed to self-destruct... none more spactacularly than my early favorite Herman Cain just a couple weeks after I made a sizable (for me) contribution. At this point I will actually feel much better about voting for him than I did for McCain.
Because abortion was illegal in 1961, Stanley Ann Dunham Obama was “punished with a child”.
It’s highly arguable but I think McCain is worse. I just plain don’t like that guy.
Excellent point, thank you!
You are deliberately trying to manipulate people into believing a falsehood by posting quotes that are decades old...
Massachusetts Citizens For Life Executive Director Marie Sturgis: “Having Governor Romney in the corner office for the last four years has been one of the strongest assets the pro-life movement has had in Massachusetts.”
(Kathryn Jean Lopez, “An Early Massachusetts Primary,” National Review Online, 1/10/2007)
Massachusetts Citizens For Life Pioneer Valley Chapter Chairman Kevin Jourdain: “Mitt Romney was a great Governor, who served with honor and distinction. But most importantly, he was a pro-life Governor. He vetoed a number of pro-abortion pieces of legislation and made many pro-life appointments. He was always there for us.”
(Kevin Jourdain, Remarks at Massachusetts Citizens for Life Mother’s Day Pioneer Valley Dinner, Agawam, MA, 5/10/2007)
The ABRs who are doing the work of obama in such a tight race earn nothing but my disgust and disdain
Your misstatement of my post indicates otherwise.
Romney certainly isn't a god :-) How about you start acting like you believe in God? It certainly doesn't look like you do with how shamelessly you bear false witness against others.
I am sorry my post was confusing; I was excited about Herman Cain early in the primary and even contributed before his implosion over accusations of womanizing. I never have been able to stand John McCain despite his status as a veteran and POW.
I did not say Romney was god, I said you need to stop acting like he is your god.
How about this, stop mind reading it’s demonic.
Nope, you have made your positions perfectly clear.
Saying support the guy but know who he is, is working for obama - really that is a boring dance number you keep singing.
Only a FEW???
How about 1 in 4 pregnancies!!!
When will Americans be forced to do this...
...only at Abortion 'clinics'?
This WILL not happen!
If dedicated (though more selective on some points than others) 'Conservatives' couldn't control Mitt in the primaries; they sure as hell ain't gonna be able to when the POWER descends upon him!
If we investigate MORMONs, who were BORN into a multi-generation family of the 'church', studied it's doctrine, claimed to believe ALL that it taught, dedicated YEARS of their lives - pushing that doctrine to others in a foreign land, then being in a position of POWER within that religious organization - administering judgement over others to make sure that THEY did not stray from the teachings of the church; I'd find it VERY hard to think that they were NOT always pro-life!
To hold ANY other position, at ANY other time in their life, says HYPOCRACY to me.
This seems to says that some were NOT vetoed.
Your concern has been noted.
16Therefore, when they are out of the world they neither marry nor are given in amarriage; but are appointed angels in bheaven, which angels are ministering cservants, to minister for those who are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory.
17For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are aangels of God forever and ever.
18And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that acovenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.
19And again, verily I say unto you, if a man amarry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and beverlasting covenant, and it is csealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of dpromise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the ekeys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto themYe shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit fthrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depthsthen shall it be written in the Lambs gBook of Life, that he shall commit no hmurder whereby to shed innocent iblood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their jexaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the kseeds forever and ever.
20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from aeverlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be bgods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them.
21Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my alaw ye cannot attain to this glory.
22For astrait is the gate, and narrow the bway that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the clives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
23But if ye receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that awhere I am ye shall be also.
We have a choice of killing 75,000 of them or killimg 1,500,000 of them.
Is this a comforting choice? Of course not.
Is it a choice that I have "no problem with"? By no means.
Is it a choice we must make? Unfortunately, it is.
Those of you who say, "It's none, or all!!" should by now have had ample opportunity to reflect upon the consequences of that choice, but perhaps not.....
Now. once there is a sea-change in the views of the majority of Americans, the choice of zero legal abortions will become a real possibility.
I assume you are working diligently to convince your middle of the road friends about this issue, and not just preaching back and forth to people who already believe exactly as you do. The latter strategy is one that I'm sure the abortion supporters would delight in.
Horse hockey. And misspelled.
Glad to hear that. I try to.
In California what I have done is convince them not to vote for obama, they have intense distrust of Romney.
Reality is obama will still win this state by 10 points easy
It won’t matter.
I have never seen any person work so hard to get an abortionist re-elected as you have this last year.
So; claiming to be a staunch, born-in-the-wool MORMON, and being pro-death also is perfectly fine with you.
87 posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:59:24 PM by AFPhys ((Praying for our troops, our citizens, that the Bible and Freedom become basis of the US law again))
I smell a SEVERE disconnect here!!
I have never seen so many people work so hard to get an ANTI-christian elected as so many are on FR this last year.
And THEN have the GALL to bitch that others will not join them in drinking the Kool-aid©!
More horse hockey and flame bait.
I recommend another solution for posts that indicate deep-seated issues. Prayer.
You claim to be representing Christ’s Church on these threads, and yet I never, EVER see the tiniest reflection of the Holy Spirit in your words or character.
By their fruits you shall know them, and I don’t know you. Funny thing is, I see a lot of those fruits in Romney’s actions and statements... quite ironic.
So; no evidence to back up your claim other than a repetition of it and doubling down?
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
And St. Paul chimes in...
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
That IS a problem; isn't it!!
MORMONs tend to complain that things are 'taken out of context' when their religion is shown to be lacking; but they never seem to respond back when the OOC statement is re-posted, surrounded by the other verses they claim if posted would have made the OOC one non-applicable.
Matthew 7:15-20 kjv
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
There is one and only one pertinent question, and we must vote and speak and work accordingly:
One of two persons will be the US President from 2013-2017. Which of those two persons will be better on balance: morally, for the Supreme Court, for the economic health, the family.
You have chosen to work against Romney and for Obama. I choose otherwise.
Why are you are so bound and determined to work for Obama?
Why are you are so bound and determined to work for Obama?
You have chosen to work FOR Romney and AGAINST Obama. I choose Neither.
Why are you are so bound and determined to work for Romney?
Why do you NOT want his chosen, ANTI-Christian religion exposed?
Is your only concern what happens to this country, and not the souls of millions?
If posting the evidence would help you, it would have already worked - on this thread and many others.
Sorry, FRiend, I can’t help you with your problem.
Again, I recommend prayer.
If posting the evidence would help you, it would have already worked - on this thread and many others.
Is this the BEST you've got??
Claiming you've already posted 'evidence' somewhere else??
Then it should be easy enough for you to do it again.
By now; I'd bet the lurkers think you have none.
It’s even on this thread - and many other recent ones.
I think those who would not consider a candidate solely because he/she is LDS might not care about anything else and likely not even look at evidence on any particular political issue, because it’s all about a vehement opposition to any and all who are LDS.
For those, thankfully few, there’s not much I can do.
Except again, pray, and recommend prayer to them.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.