Skip to comments.There is no truce! Retread troll zot!
Posted on 05/19/2012 6:59:51 PM PDT by geanakos.chris
First of all, not a newb.. just a purge victim from the primaries.
JimRob posted almost a month ago about a so called truce between Romney supporters and the rest of the FReeper community. Since then, it appears the left has little job to do in driving a wedge into the right wing, we are doing it still ourselves.
Were is this truce? How come all I see on here is Alinsky tactics of divide and conquer? Today there was a post about Evil Mittie and him fundraising with morning after pill distributors. And the "true blue conservatives" pounce, little do they know that this pill manufacturer is one of the largest generic pill manufactuyrers in the world.. who produce all kind of medicine, even Augmentin, Azithromycin and Cipro, common anti-biotics..
This so called truce makes me sick. Can't wait to read the next half-baked anti-Romney article and the zealot FReepers who will eat up its every word because it furthers the narrative of Romney that THEY want him to fit into.
I'm not upset that people have beliefs that won't "allow" them to vote for Romney.. but what really irritates me is this active campaigning against people who would support Romney.. what game are you trying to pull? To deliver us into 4 more years of Obama servitude, for what purpose?? It strengthens conservatives? Talk about a phyyric victory. If you don't support Romney fine, but we are all anti-Obama here.. lets stay on focus.
If I have to read one more time that I’m an Obama supporter because I REFUSE to cast a vote for a foul candidate, I’ll be sick.
Welcome to FR — TODAY!
Mitt and the RINOs have run up against a line that cannot be crossed. That line is traditional values and Christian beliefs along with a basic belief in small government.
It's not just issues that can come and go anymore. It is about moral values.
If you don’t support Romney fine, but we are all anti-Obama here.. lets stay on focus.”
Don’t worry. The “I hate Romney more then obama” crowd has absolutely zero influence here, or elsewhere. Most of them have left the GOP about a hundred times in the past, and each time with greater ceremony. They will constitute a small share of the perhaps 150,000 votes the Constitution Party will get across the nation, and that’s fine. They can go on feeling like they are the only true conservatives. If that makes them feel special, then so be it. Doesn’t hurt anything.
Romney will win or lose depending on how he runs his campaign. If he runs a disciplined, organized and focused campaign, he might well pull it off. And it might well be big.
And IF he does what he says he will do on day one, America will be immensely better off.....
I’m on the other side.
I’ve been called a Mittbot when I was was pointing out how evil Obama is.
This poster is right. Where is the truce?
Not voting for Obama is exactly the same as voting for Romney. Or something. Something clever like that. I’ve misplaced my instruction sheet. Let me reference some authority who does my thinking for me. Just a sec . . .
These ABOer’s cannot stand to be reminded what POS politician RINOmny is. I can’t fault anyone for voting for the mAsshole, but its all about keeping your self respect. If you can vote for him and not be deluded more power to you, it’s just in my case I don’t think I can do it.
“First of all, not a newb.. just a purge victim from the primaries.”
I was very leery even trying to say anything other than opposing Romney for a long time, for exactly that reason.
Hope you last for a while. Somehow FR needs to work through this, a lot of honest reasonable minds, differ.
There is still plenty of time, to work our our differences.
What will he do on day one?
I don't care if they manufacture childrens vitamins and give them away for free. As long as they manufacture a morning after pill, then I am against them.
He joined today and this is his very first post?
We need to institute a join and post for a period , before letting a guy join and post right away.
Everything would be fine and dandy except that Romney isn’t a conservative.
I’d vote for Jimmy Carter in 2012 at this point. I’d never go as far as giving Obama money like many anti-Romney republicans are doing to save face. They promised that a Romney nomination would mean a GOP defeat. I just didn’t think they meant they would donate to Obama to make it happen. But then again, some people must place pride and reputation above country. I guess it’s their right.
No one said that Romney would be an easy sell. Obama sells him to me. If you have to explain that to someone, you are most likely wasting your time. Kick the dust off your heels, and move on.
You have an amazing profile page!
I got your truce right here, ‘tread!
Id never go as far as giving Obama money like many anti-Romney republicans are doing to save face.Is this true? You know someone like this? You have a link to a story about this? There's a post here in FR where someone says they are doing this?
Sorry, you don’t get a gold watch from less than a day trolling on FR.
Conservative Dude? You need to change your name. Seriously. Like now.
Gee, why don’t you just make a list of rules for all of us then.
It’s not that you may vote for ABO, it’s people trying to push the notion that romney is a conservative. He is a RINO establishment candidate. A younger, prettier McCain.
As you are a retread, we’ll see how fast a zot appears.
From the Boss Himself
Do you know anyone like this?
1. Do you know anyone who has the understanding and gained their understanding of Jesus Christ and defend it, and they got that understanding from someone like Jeremiah Wright? Do you know anyone who is a good Christian that believes there is no salvation unless theres collective salvation?
2. Do you know somebody who is raised and/or mentored by communists?
3. Do you have friends or acquaintances that are Marxists, Communists, or have been actively engaged in the overthrow of the United States government?
4. Have you ever been at a party celebrating someone who has been accused of domestic terrorism?
5. Do you know anyone or have you ever been to a party and gave a toast to someone who is accused of being a Muslim terrorist?
6. Do you or any of your friends have the belief that terrorism doesnt really exist? And that by definition jihad is only a holy struggle?
7. How many of you or how many of your friends have hired members of the Muslim Brotherhood to provide security for your business or their business? Or would hire members of the Muslim Brotherhood to go through and put together your security for your town?
8. Do you have any friends that believe the Muslim Brotherhood is largely secular and good?
9. Do you know anybody that thinks NASAs foremost goal should be Muslim outreach, so you can help them and NASA can help them feel good?
10. Do you know anybody who believes that Occupy Wall Street features the best people in our country right now?
11. Is it even conceivable that anyone you know or associate with would think that killing Osama Bin Laden was a tough decision? With that, you have a single friend who in that case would make sure that we have a blame someone else memo ready just in case it went wrong?
12. Do you have anybody in your circle of friends or your circle of influence that believes America and Israel is the biggest obstacle to peace and stability in the world. Do you know anyone who believes the United States constitution needs to be a photo negative to be right with the world today?
13. Would you or anyone you know take a gift given to the United States after 9/11, a bust of Winston Churchill, and try to give it back to the prime minister on your first meeting? And when he says, No, no, thats a gift, you can keep it, would you or anyone in your circle of influence then take that bust, box it up, ship it back yourself and say We dont need it anymore?
14. Do you know anyone, a single person, who has a wife or a husband that has never been proud of the United States of America until something good happened in their life?
15. Do you know anybody who would actively defend allowing a baby to die without treatment in a hospital if an abortion failed? That the baby would be born outside, the doctors would have it, and they would be allowed to put it in a closet and just let it die?
16. Would someone in your life withhold needed money from poor countries or suggest that needed money from poor countries was withheld unless they change the Constitution to be pro-abortion?
17. Do you know anybody who believes the only way out of debt is to spend $5 trillion in three and a half years? Or believes Solyndra and other green businesses were a good bet, and that the peoples hard earned money is something you should gamble with and you think that it should continue?
18. How many people do you know personally that would give a shout out to someone to say, Hey, I just want to say hi to Bob over there and thank Bob Its been a great day, Bob, before you had to announce to the country that 13 soldiers were murdered by an Islamic extremist on our own soil?
19. Do you know anybody who claims to be a huge Israeli supporter? Do you know anybody who says, Im the biggest fan of Israel, theyre our biggest and strongest ally, and Im a huge supporter. Im the best thing that has happened. And that when the prime minister of that country flew from the other side of the globe to have a scheduled dinner with you, you would humiliate him and blow off for dinner? Let him eat alone while you had a quiet dinner someplace else with friends? Do you know anybody who says, I am the biggest supporter of Israel, and then visited all of the Muslim countries around Israel but couldnt find the time to go to Israel? And that as Israels biggest, most loyal supporter, believes they should go back to the indefensible 67 borders? I understand it if youre not a fan of Israel, but if youre a fan of Israel, do you know a soul that is a true fan of Israel that says, Yes, go back to the 67 borders?
20. Do you know any committed capitalist who believes in redistribution of wealth?
I simply want Romney to come to his senses and GIT OUT THE WAY!
He's simply not tough enough to beat the Democrats.
That's true! He is not a conservative. And he won the nomination without needing us to win it. I think we failed, not the GOP. We need to do better next time IMHO.
This fact is what ticks off many conservatives. Now they want to teach America and the GOP a lesson my manipulating the situation and we somehow become Honduras after another 4 years of Obama.
I say regroup and see where we failed. Because we did fail.
Look, if you don’t like FR, just stay the hell away. And I’d advise you to quit trying to hack into other people’s accounts. That’s illegal activity and you’re leaving an IP trail with failed hacking attempts a mile long.
She took over most of everything past my intro paragraph. We share this account.
But? What sense of disequilibrium would cause you to write such a thing? If you are genuinely not upset, then there is no need for any "but."
Maybe you're just not yet sure how you feel about things. Maybe you're having second thoughts about voting for either of the two major candidates. Maybe you're just not comfortable trying to calibrate the fine gradations of evil that separate Obama from Romney.
Maybe there's hope for you, after all.
Trust God. Reject evil.
“Its not that you may vote for ABO, its people trying to push the notion that romney is a conservative. He is a RINO establishment candidate. A younger, prettier McCain.”
Without the military service or pro-life record. McCain was and is an abysmal wreck, but he is superior to Bishop Willard as a conservative, a patriot and as a man. Something, however small, is always more than nothing.
Do you actually think they would come out and admit it in a serious fashion? Of course there are Republicans who dislike Romney more than Obama and go as far as giving money to him.
Heck, I personally know hardcore conservative republicans who voted as such all of their lives but are now retired, on Social Security, without health insurance who voted for Obama in 2008 and will vote for him again in 2012. Sad but true.
There are conservatives who are so angry that their branch of the GOP failed so miserably at getting their guy nominated that they need to place the blame elsewhere so they need to teach some lessons by making sure Obama gets another 4 years.
I cannot say I will never vote for Romney but I cannot find it in me to ever support him or fight for his cause. Historically, this means that candidate will lose in the general. Maybe this time will be different having such a bad President today. I don't know. There's nothing about Romney that turns me on and I would never waste my time going door to door for him.
Just like the GOP paid to run Ralph Nader ads in the past and Limbaugh raised money for Hillary.. yes Virginia there are some very upset conservatives who now hope lessons will be learned and Obama wins even if it means they give money to him to assure that lesson be learned. That's politics.
Me, I put country above politics.
So are you a brony or is she a pegasister?
Wise words, FRiend. Have you noticed how these holier than thou suicidal ‘anyone but rominy’ goons insult and attack, then when you reply with a put down they whine that you’re no true conservative, or better yet they tell you you’re not a Christian because you would vote for the pubby in order to remove the little barry bastard commie and bide more time to try and save the Republic? THAT’s where I ask myself what kind of truce Jim Rob meant if he tolerates that crap or encourages it.
Once we end all the Country Club RINOs, we should re-brand the GOP. Elephant out. The Eagle should be our new mascot.
That's the problem and why Romney will most likely lose.
Historically, when voters have to vote against the opposition and not FOR their candidate, their candidate loses. That's the fact.
There's nothing about Romney that excites me into voting for him. Nothing. That's not my fault.
If we do not stand for something then we stand for nothing. I do not know who wrote that but it is true. If we keep voting for the lesser of the two evils we lose anyway.
I am willing to give up everything, including my life, and fight my way back to freedom and liberty. My children may have to do so by my side but they may then respect what they have earned. It looks like our society as a whole does not respect it now. They are too lazy and want their free stuff.
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” [Samuel Adams]
You need to talk to the RNC about that... they are the ones that pushed for a liberal, and badmouthed convervatives, played dirty tricks, and changed the rules in the middle of the game.
I'd be voting GOP this year if they were running an anti-abortion, pro-gun, small government candidate.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.