Skip to comments.VANITY: Where is your heart? Endtime implications for the election
Posted on 11/06/2012 4:31:22 AM PST by Dr. Thorne
My personal belief is that this election will serve as notice from God Almighty regarding His blessing on America.
If Obama wins, I will be resigned to the fact that God has turned His back on America for our manifold sins, especially for rejecting and ignoring Christ - the same sin that brought utter destruction on Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
If Romney wins, I believe this will signal that God has not yet turned His back on America, and that we still have a chance to repent and retain His blessing.
Either way, as I have posted before on FR, America does not appear in endtimes Bible prophecy. There is a good reason for this. The Lord is going to exclude us from that cataclysm in one way or another.
I don't necessarily think that this means He is going to protect us from the Revelation judgments. America may continue to exist, but in an extremely weakened form from the present, and without the ability to have an impact on the monumental events occurring in Israel.
Since I believe in the Rapture (called the Harpazo in the original Greek; "harpazo": snatching away), it may be that after the Rapture, America is in such a poor estate from the destruction wrought when millions of devout, hard-working people disappear that our society collapses.
Frankly, Israel, the Muslim states, Russia, China, Europe, etc. won't feel this effect as will America.
All this to ask, where is your heart? With Jesus or with the World? When Christ's Church is "snatched away", you can still be saved, but will have to suffer through the final seven year Tribulation period before His return.
When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed. - Revelation 6:9-11
Ain’t none of us getting out of here alive!
Better worry about your own personal ‘end times’, and your judgement before the Lord.
This is a great use of bandwidth today. Tomorrow—fine. Today...not so much.
Amen Dr Thorne!
Very good post. I concur with your assessment.
Thank you for the post. Several thoughts thereon:
1. This “could possibly” turn out to be a sign of God’s disgust and the removal of His protection and blessing.
2. But multitudes, including myself, have been praying for America, and asking God to gove us one more chance and give us a POTUS who will lead by godly moral principles. I go one step further and ask Him to also give us a third Great Awakening like unto the first just prior to the Revolutionary War, and the second just prior to the Civil War.
3. And finally; My Christian “rearing” since I came to Christ in 1962, was the Reformed theology, that things will grow worse and worse, leading to the final events. These final events are expected to unfold in various ways, depending on your view, e.g., Pre-trib, Mid-trib, etc. I was always taught Pre-trib, but have grown slightly “Mid” over the years.
4. Then come the Charismatics’ views. There are some pretty good people who stand upon the Scriptures which declare that Christ, when He returns, is not coming back for a poor, rejected, bedraggled, beaten and defeated Church Bride. But for a glorious, victorious Church Bride.
Ephesians 5:26 & 27: That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
So whatever happpens today, I know we win in the end, and that nothing and noone can separate redeemed ones from the love and protection of Christ. And until He indicates differently, I’m still believing for that 3rd Great Awakening, like unto the previous ones, where the Holy Spirit’s presence was so heavy in the land, and conviction of sin was so real upon individuals that they would fall to their knees and cry out to God “spontaneously,” confessing their sins to God and crying for mercy and forgiveness.
After that, after everyone has been unmistakeably and undeniably confronted with the Gospel and an opportunity to get right with God; THEN let the Judgment fall! And let it be as is spoken of in Revelation, Chapter 22:
Revelation 22:10 thru 14: And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
If Obama wins, why not resign yourself to the fact that that is how God wants it, even if you don’t, and live with that thought. His will, will be done.
It’s a lot more positive than thinking God turned His back on the US.
Watch the movie For Greater Glory.
Just as our forefathers had to endure a Civil War to remove slavery, I fear shedding of blood is the only payment for our acceptance of sin now.
America is a wonderful gift given to His people from God, but we have mishandled what we were charged with. In God's eye, we are no different than any other empire down through the ages and yet we somehow have convinced ourselves we are "special". The "fear" of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. IMHO, we fear Him no more. Do we not accept that some want His name removed from our land and expect nothing will happen? The thought that "That is them and not me" has been replaced with " I hope I don't have to do or say anything to confront this evil".
His Will is for us to honor and worship Him. We have a choice. He is a just God. We have mocked Him and are mocking Him even today. Is it OK to pray for a President that worships Joseph Smith because it might be better than an atheist? God wonders what's the difference?
The falling away of 2 Thess:2:3, is hat you have described. It is ongoing as we speak, instead of being Christian conservatives - “conserve” meaning to conserve, preserve, and fight for, Christian values - America has become a basically irreligious country.
This election is prime example, look what the once pro-Christian Republican party has given us. The Dems don’t want God in their platform, we knew that, but their national convention confirmed it beyond all doubt, and now the Republicans. The first time America has not had a Christian running for POTUS.
These things are prophetic symptoms and signs. Not of a pretrib rapture, however. The Bible does teach the rapture, but it does not take place until the tribulation, not before. We are definitely in the foothills of antichrist. The Democrat party has been paving the way. Now the Republican party joins in.