Skip to comments.Ohio-Election complaint claims DeWine & Acton actions unlawful, illegal, unconstitutional.
Posted on 06/09/2020 3:54:00 AM PDT by Lowell1775
(Elyria, Ohio) Gerald Phillips was a candidate for Lorain County Commissioner during the 2020 Presidential Primary Election. The election was postponed at 10:36 p.m. the night before polls were to open. The election did not occur until April 28.
In the Court of Common Pleas in Lorain County, Ohio the Election Contest Complaint was just filed: Gerald W. Phillips (contestor) v. Michelle Hung (contestee).
In his filing, Phillips notes regarding the postponed election:
· Approximately 90 combined Ohio Revise Code Section violations & Ohio Constitution violations
· Laches violations for failure to uphold extreme due diligence and extreme promptness requirements
· Secrecy of quarantineAmy Acton failed to honor a public records request for quarantine information on data, modeling information, statistics analysis and modeling projections
· Deceptive and misleading information and dataciting extreme and expensive measures for a virus that has minimal effect outside congregate living settings: 419 deaths for non-highly susceptible Ohioans, among 11,747,694 Ohioans, represents a mere .000036 (0.0036%), no justification to destroy Ohios economy.
· complaint could result in impeachment hearings for Governor Mike DeWine and a removal from office for both DeWine and Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton
· Acton and DeWine should both be removed from office, consistent with and pursuant to Ohio Revised Code (ORC)
· ORC Section 3599 violations cited are misconduct of board officials, failure of officers to enforce the law, among othersthe violations range from misdemeanors to felonies
A copy of the complaint can be found here.
On March 16, Governor DeWine backed a lawsuit seeking to postpone the primary election scheduled for the next day. The suit was filed by Ohioans who feared voting in person would expose voters and poll workers to COVID-19.
Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Fry declined to postpone the election, but Frys decision did not stop DeWine. On March 9, Executive Order 2020-01D declared a state of emergency. In the late hours of election eve, Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton issued an order to force the polls closed. The Directors powers are granted by the Ohio Revised Code.
Gerald Phillips said if the court does not rule in his favor, he receives an automatic appeal that goes directly to the Ohio Supreme Court.
Check back for most up-to-date coverage as this case unfolds.
Local TV News Video at link. Full text in body.
Please let me know if you want on or off the Ohio Ping list.
Ohio-Election complaint claims DeWine & Acton actions unlawful, illegal, unconstitutional.
6/9/2020, 6:54:00 AM · by Lowell1775
WMFD-Mansfield OH ^ | June 8, 2020 | Jack Windsor
Actually, it seems as if theyre complaining that the entire shutdown was illegal. We need more suits like this!
We can only hope that the suit is successful
But you can bet that the judge hearing this suit will set a very high bar for proving the case.
It was, and stripping Ohioans of their right to vote and putting many candidates at a disadvantage by postponing the election was all illegal and a Court told them so before they did it.
Acton pronounced an extension of the “emergency” by saying, “By the power vested in ME!!!” This is sick and absurd. It must end, and the Ohio legislature has to rise up or be replaced.
Husted (our Lieutenant Governor) better say goodbye to any aspirations of being Governor. He was the “enforcer” of this horror, shutting down Hobby Lobby while letting other similar companies like Michaels stay open. They had no right to say who was essential and who wasn’t and that this has gone on for months is a crime.
He saw people in a bar celebrating the end of their house arrest with no warrant, no due process and no charges and saw criminals when he should have seen voters.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.