Skip to comments.AMLO: Mexico reaches deal for cross-border natural gas pipelines
Posted on 08/27/2019 9:35:24 AM PDT by BeauBo
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez-Obrador said his administration has reached a deal ending a $3 billion controversy over contracts for seven natural gas pipelines that were built by four companies south of the border...
Either idle or incomplete, the pipelines are not delivering gas, but the clauses allowed the companies to collect payments due to delays and circumstances beyond their control...
Mexico is consuming more than 8 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day, but only produces 2.6 billion cubic feet per day meaning that the rest needs to be imported.
Under the agreement between the Mexican government and the companies, the first pipeline that will come into service will be the Sur de Texas-Tuxpan Pipeline. With most of its route underwater in the Gulf of Mexico, the pipeline will be used to move 2.6 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day from the Eagle Ford Shale of South Texas and the Agua Dulce Hub near Corpus Christi to the coastal state of Veracruz and then into the interior of Mexico.
Mexican officials expect 63 percent of the natural gas from the seven pipeline projects will be used by government-owned power plants while the remaining 37 percent will be used by industrial customers.
"The big importance of these gas pipelines, which are major part of national infrastructure, is that we'll be able to access the cheapest natural gas in the world that have in Texas," said Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, whose company Grupo Carso was the first to reach an agreement with the government.
(Excerpt) Read more at chron.com ...
Significant logjams to a major customer were broken here.
Best President EVAH.
Now that you have tagged him as Alamo, instead of AMLO, it seems so obvious.
I wonder how has he avoided that nickname until now?
Gonna be hard for the bandits to steal from a pipeline that is out in the ocean.
Sounds like they are going to be in the market for a mountain of steel to lay pipe.
Sure, we’ll take the natural gas....
We will just liquify more of it for export to those parts of the world that have little or no natural gas of their own. Also, the conversion of electric generation plants from coal fuel to natural gas continues apace.
Natural gas is a bridge fuel until the widespread adoption of Thorium fueled Molten Salt atomic power generation plants come online. It is also the backup for all those “green” wind and solar power systems during hours of calm and darkness, and ends up being the mainstay of both.
Natural gas is one of the most flexible fuels there is for varying levels of electric power grid demands, and can also serve as a primary base-power fuel source. Plus it burns perfectly well as a motor fuel, with minimal pollution controls on the internal combustion engine.
Cooking with gas, man.
This jackweasel was screaming all over twitter before the election about how terrible Trump was. Now he's first in line for natural gas that wouldn't have been sold to Mexico if Obama were still in office.
Pipelines are 2-3 ft diameter. Just the right size to fit an illegal. They won’t need tall ladder to scale the fence. They can just crawl under.
Americans doing some jobs that Mexicans won’t do?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.