This really could be the beginning of the 2nd civil war.
The 2nd Civil War has already started. It is still a Cold War for the most part (Steve Scalise might disagree). The question is not if it is when it truly goes hot.
I dont see how it wont.
In the best of both worlds category, best thing that can happen between now and the new year is Kavanaugh is seated and the Republicans holding both house and senate. If this is accomplished, then republicans, and especially Trump have two years to take their pound of flesh from the Democrats.
1. Cancel every government contract family members of Democrats have. Bring them up on corruption charges. Start with Feinstein’s husband.
2. If Mueller isn’t finished, finish it. Fire Mueller, his entire team, classify his report and start with a new special prosecutor and file indictments to everyone on Clinton’s team. File it in a friendly district court to bulletproof it.
3. Set the feds loose on Antifa and every other leftwing organization. Label them domestic terrorists.
4. Every group that takes government money, (ie: Planned Parenthood) will no longer receive federal funding. Reason being organizations that take taxpayer dollars cannot use it for political purposes.
5. Implement the fairness doctrine. All political shows must have both points of view and cannot be labeled as news. All opinion pieces must be labeled for the political slant and must be accompanied by the opposite point of view. TV and radio shows can be politically one sided, however the show following it must be the opposite point of view. If a show is losing money, it can be taken off the air with no penalty.
Start with that. Use the rat strategy against them. In other words, hold them to a higher standard and beat them over the head with it. Alinsky would be proud.
Although it is not an armed one yet, we have been in a civil war for quite some time. We on the political Right have never truly engaged while our enemy, Marxists/Communists (aka Socialists, liberals, the Left, etc.), has been brutally fighting on all fronts. Even occasionally with violence. We on the Right tend to win a victory here and there, then become complacent for long stretches. The Left is never complacent. They push and push and push some more on multiple fronts. The only reason this has not become a hot war is because they keep winning most of their skirmishes.