Skip to comments.The NFL exposed!
Posted on 06/07/2018 5:27:47 AM PDT by sodpoodle
-- NFL History...history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders. I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to understand just when the publics respect for the NFL organization started to crumble....
* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.
* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...).
*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
* 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden... It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...
BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now is shown itself to be.
Pass this post along to all your friends and family, if you believe it worthy of sharing.
Honor our military; too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.
Clinton’s former Press Secretary and Hillary supporter who rented his house to the Obama’s when they left the Whitehouse is the NFL’S top executive for communications. Understand the change... Lockhart.
It would be sweet Justice if their viewership devolved into SJW’s only watching their putrid anti-American “show”. Hahaha.
The thing is, I agree with those prohibitions against those actions- but not because I object to Jesus or Cops, but because politics does not belong on the field.
That is how they should have left it.
There remains a group of dunderheads who, come September, and despite knowing better, will be watching, cheering & discussing the antics of these anti-American SJWs. Their addiction seems unshakeable.
It looks like the NFL hierarchy is controlling all messaging by individual players. Amplify whatever they want depending on the prevailing winds.
Let’s not forget Hank Jr.
It makes little difference to me. I haven’t watched since the infamous “wardrobe malfunction”.
Good reminder that the NFL sucks and should be avoided like AIDS.
Racism was on the way out until half of American voters warmly embraced it to support their racist god in 2008.
The leftist freaks KNOW they are at war against America and all for which we stand.
You can add:
*2018 NFL refused to air an ad to honor US Veterans. The NFL claimed they ‘couldn’t reach an agreement on language use’.
The NFL is a leftwing, anti-America sports cult.
Brings up an interesting scenario though. Why don’t the ones that are patriotic kneel and pray before the anthem and then stand up and salute before it?
Great,I am going to post this on Facebook.
I used to enjoy football on Sunday’s. now I don’t tune in. The NFL is losing a huge number of once loyal fans like myself in order to neglect the reason they were once popular to instead pursue liberal social causes.
It’s over for the NFL... it ain’t coming back.
The above is not politics.
Good one Bert.
Explains a lot... Thanks for sharing.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.