Skip to comments.12 Reasons Attorney General Jeff Sessions Should be Removed from Office Now
Posted on 03/18/2018 8:03:11 AM PDT by Cheerio
Jeff Sessions is arguably the worst Attorney General in US history. He has allowed the Mueller Witch-hunt to flourish. The many Obama and Clinton crimes have gone on unabated. No one could have predicted that the Department of Justice would be in this state of affairs after a year of President Trump in office. Here are a dozen reasons why Jeff Sessions should be removed from office now.
1. After accepting the AG job, the next day Sessions recused himself from everything Russia and turned over the US AG Office to the deep state. We now know that the law he quoted to recuse himself was the wrong law and was provided by Obama attorneys.
2. Corrupt and criminal Rod Rosenstein is now running the AG Office, not Sessions. Rosenstein is connected to the Uranium One scandal. When asked, Sessions stated to Congress that Asst AG Rosenstein can investigate himself in a Uranium One criminal probe.
3. It took Sessions months to fire FBI criminal Andy McCabe finally on Friday evening. McCabe should have been fired months ago. Maybe he wasnt fired sooner because McCabe threatened to take others down with him.
(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...
I did read all of your post and take your point, however.
All allegations are true. Sessions is the worst. Mueller needs to be shutdown.
Why stop with only 12 reasons to fire that stooge Sessions?
Sessions is not the worst in terms of being crooked and evil. But he certainly is the worst in terms of being inept, incompetent, ineffective, inefficient and lazy.
Ok i will agree with you. Trump has maligned sessions since Day 1. Normal people would have taken the hint and resigned.
Reno, Holder and Lynch were simply henchmen for corrupt presidents. Sessions is knowingly allowing and providing cover for the attempted overthrow of a duly elected president. Sessions is by far more reprehensible.
Yeah, there’s a handful of them here, and they ping each other to brigade threads. And boy, if you ever doubt pizzagate, they’ll be on ya like stink on shiite lol. Yesterday I was called a pedophile supporter. Ya can’t reason with them. They are True Believers
I prefer Qooks.
I like it!
I don’t know why Sessions hasn’t resigned. But at this point it almost doesn’t matter, unless Trump can disable Rosenstein right after. It’s agonizing, the trap that was layed, and Sessions fell into it face first.
The always delayed IG report is giving me vengance blueballs lol. Even if it comes out, what will Sessions do? Pass jt to Rosenstein, to “assign to some career prosecutor,” where it will all be slow rolled forever?
2nd Special Counsel is our only hope at this point.
You are probably right. Sessions really has screwed everything up. I think he needs to resign. Hopefully when mcmaster, kelly, etc leave he will join them
That does appear to be the consensus. So, let me play devil's advocate for a second and ask a question, the answer to which I don't know.
President Trump appears to be project oriented. For example, writing and passing the tax cut bill was a project and Gary Cohen was a large part of getting that done. However, when the project was complete, Cohen had served his purpose and he was let go. Cohen's replacement, apparently Larry Kudlow, appears to have the task of lowering the 21% income tax rate to 15% and then getting the individual income rates to be permanent.
Another project was getting Saudi Arabia to clean up its act and help in the Middle East. Reportedly, Rex Tillerson played a big role in accomplishing that end. But once again, the project is complete and Tillerson is gone. Tillerson's replacement is Pompeo, who is known to be a hawk whose project is to deal with the N. Korea/China/Russia mess.
Clearly, the President is not shy about getting rid of people once their usefulness is over. So, the question is: Why hasn't Sessions been fired if he is inept, incompetent, ineffective, inefficient and lazy? Is he successfully working on a project for the President that is not complete yet?
Like I said, I don't know the answer to the question and I am not trying to defend Sessions who may, in fact, be incompetent. But, given this President's track record of getting rid of folks who no longer serve a purpose, I'm wondering why Sessions is still there.
I’d like to see a cabinet member actually have the project, responsibility and accountability for getting our debt and deficits on a trend line that improves, instead of getting worse.
Closing our borders, ending frivolous wars that are not about direct security of USA, and actually requiring fair trade, and giving tax benefits to corporations that hire Americans would improve that outcome. Lobbying and corruption takes common sense out of govt.
I agree that politicians rarely went after former politicians and high level bureaucrats for exactly the reasons you stated. They want protected themselves. The media is now politically aligned so they cover up for the crooks. It is why corruption is running rampant and it is hidden.
I do not agree with this opinion. He is careful and discreet, and faced not only with massive corruption, but massive threats. He is on a minefield and he knows it, so he is like the patient sniper aiming from a mile off, and waiting for the proper moment, while the ground troops below him are setting up the scenario and fighting the smaller skirmishes.
13. The president of the california state senate has proudly announced he has appointed (read hired) an illegal alien to a state announced he helped half of his family come to the US illegally and supported them to stay here. He should be arrested immediately.
14. The mayor of Oakland has plotted with illegals activists and announced the schedule for ICE raids in her city warning hundreds of illegals, some of whom have served jail time here and been released. This is interference with law enforcement in the performance of its duties and enhances the danger to those around areas being raided. She has not been arrested in the 11 days since committing the crime.
15. In February, the AG of california warned business owners to inform illegals when ICE will raid their business, 3 days in advance or face fine and imprisonment. he has not been arrested.
More Trump’s fault than sessions. the buck stops in the oval office.
Nice dream ya got there.
13. He proudly announced he had appointed an illegal alien to a state position.
I wish I knew! It certainly makes no logical sense to keep him except that sessions has the support of the gop senators. That is all the support he apparently has. And if you know the gop senators they are mostly open borders, US chamber of commerce, gop establishment dirtbags. So go figure. Apparently the gop senate wants to slow down trumps anti establishment agenda. And keeping sessions certainly does that well.
That is the only feasible explanation i have for explaining why sessions is still allowed to remain. I absolutely reject the notion that sessions is secretly investigating and prosecuting all the obama clinton corruption. THAT theory is the deluded sessions defenders face saving. Same with the Big Ugly 3d chess nonsense over at conservative treehouse. Sessions is no more doing trumps bidding than the man in the moon.
“”When Snoozy Jeff let Lois Lerner skate away,””
How so? She left government before President Trump was ever elected...No one in the present administration let her “skate away.” Charges may or may not be brought against her and Koskinen for prior acts as well they should be but no one here knows what is going on behind the scenes about these particular people/matters.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.